Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,461 to 12,480 of 15,210

Monkey_Balls

@Late "Hi Mum!" I can see that horse pic turning into a meme. Great find.

@NEStalgia That's really strange. By all accounts, blood moons respawn almost everything in the game. Plus, I'm sure stores restock at random intervals anyway. How about the shock arrows at Shatterback Point (near Zora's Domain)? Every time I go there, they have respawned (in the trees) - are those also missing for you? If so, then I'd say it's definitely a glitch.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

SKTTR

I now have 100% map.
After having maxed all weapon, bows, and shields with 441 Korok Seeds, I collected the rest of them with the interactive online map. Thanks to whoever posted the link. With the map I thought it was fun, also still a bit tedious at times. http://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-interactive-map/

So with 900 Korok-Seeds my map stats was at 99,83% and it took another rather painful hour to scan the map for two missing places (ruins with a name) I never set foot upon.

Now I think I have 100% items of any kind (armor, materials, important items)

The only stuff that I can still do is

1. Treasure Chest Hunt - but that sensor is getting on my nerves. I wish I could mute its sound a little.
2. Cooking - there are still many hidden recipes that are "???"-locked, but they are never listed so who cares. If there was a cooking contest and a book
3. NPC completion - NPCs could be anywhere. Unfortunately here is no list and radar like in Xenoblade X. However, those missing ones shouldn't be that important. Probably just a couple of travelers I missed because of daytime.
4. Getting the DLC or the new Zelda amiibos I don't have to unlock exclusive gear.

11.245 Rupees and tons of materials I never sold, at least one of each kind.
Ok, I think I'm done with Breath of the Wild for now. They were very great 270 hours

If there's anything important missing, and new secrets coming out, I'll be back in.

I found 2 unreachable Treasure Chests, I heard there are at least 3-5!! I hope they patch this up.

And I found a missing texture with missing collision detection on the northern cliff of Karusa Valley near a Korok Seed. From above it looks like a hole in the ground, and you can jump through and are inside the mountain. But inside you see no textures on the other side.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Haru17

@SKTTR Was it the ruins to the northwest of the Lanaryu Wetlands? Those were my last discovered location. Completely unremarkable — they just have a name for some reason.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

NEStalgia

Two questions for everyone:

First, what's the most spoiler-free hint you can give for what on earth you can do to get the artifact orb in impa's house. It's taunted me since the very first week of playing this game, and I assumed you got it as a reward for doing the memories quest. Now that I'm done that and nothing changed with the orb, I assume it's either the beasts quest (still have Rudania left) or I'm not doing something. I don't want a spoiler on that one (unless the answer is "beasts quest") but I'd love a non-exposition hint!

Second, I'm starting my work on lynel hunting to upgrade my armors that require lynel parts. I took down my first white maned lynel. But it wasn't easy. Or fun. I did "the trick" but too many times I wasn't able to get him in just the right status to do "the trick" and it was really annoying. With a few meals and some triple-damage-up status meals, the master sword till it breaks, then some random sword, then one of thos brown 50dmg swords, and 2x **** ancient armor and 1x *** ancient armor (darnit I need another star piece....it's just not happening...saw a shooting star...but it was nowhere near me and I couldn't locate it) it was STILL a grueling battle. And I'm going to need to do tons more of those to get all the parts I need. Any tips to making it less annoying? I can't do too many while using up 4+ of my top weapons!

@Monkey_Balls Nope, they don't seem to be respawning there either. Food items respawn practically as soon as I leave town...arrows...not so much.

I did some googling (avoided it earlier because spoilers tend to crop up for that sort of thing) and apparently the arrows not restocking thing is a thing. Others have the issue, but nobody can agree on exactly what the issue is. Common suggestions seem to be that they won't restock if you have > 50 arrows, or > 100 arrows, or > 100 arrows of all types combined...or something. But it's definitely not just me (one post somewhere did say they started restocking again when their arrows got low. So apparently "too many arrows" may be a thing...but the numbers are a guess. I hope that's all it is, that would suck later!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal Hmm I think I know what you're talking about, at least generally. Already did half of that then...but never figured out exactly what the second part involves, the involved character doesn't seem to tell me much....no hints...I'll work on it...maybe I have to think in Majora terms.

Good to know about arrows, yeah, so it does seem to be a "too many arrows" thing....I can live with that...just not with a buggy save state that means I'll never get more arrows!

NEStalgia

Jen10

@NEStalgia thanks for the reply, i went to a previous save where i had lots of bomb arrows & had to start him again, thankfully this time i got a little closer to him before shooting & managed to defeat him

Jen10

Spoony_Tech

@NEStalgia For Lynel I like to glide down from some cliff and spam as many arrows as I can in his face. This should take a third to half his health off if done right. Use a bow with quick shot if you have one. Lynel gives a bunch after a while. I also when I can use the barbarian armor. Even if in cold areas I'll just eat for that instead. Helps also if you have that whole armor set and leveled up to 2 stars!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Maxz

@NEStalgia I thought that ball had some super special game-wide significance and was, like, the official 'final quest' or something. Turns out it's not, and everything required for its activation can be found within Kakariko's walls. Make sure you've cleared up everyone's errands in the villiage. I was sure I'd already done this, as I'd certainly spoken to everyone, but it turns out some quests only activate in certain places, and at certain times of day. Or rather, night. Give the villiagers' houses a good scouring after dark and hopefully you should find someone in need of your assistance.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Just completed Divine Beast Vah Naboris; two more Divine Beasts to go!

I definitely enjoyed Vah Ruta more, though the Thunderblight Ganon boss fight was awesome!

I'll probably focus on shrines again for awhile... only about 70 more to go!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Monkey_Balls

@NEStalgia Hm, that is weird. I currently have a combined total of 291 arrows and still able to collect more. Apparently the recent patch fixed an unlimited-arrow glitch. I wonder if it has anything to do with that, but you mentioned this problem started a while ago, so prior to the patch? Just thinking/typing aloud here, but is it possible for you to delete your update data (while keeping your save data), then re-installing the updates to see if that fixes anything? I doubt it would work but maybe worth a try. Either way, it's strange and I hope it doesn't screw you over later in the game.

That orb in Kakariko bugged me for ages! But, as Maxz said, all your answers can be found in the village. As for those damn Lynels, I can't give you many tips as I still struggle with them myself. I usually use Stasis, Flurry Rush and crossed fingers. I don't even know about "the trick" you mentioned.

Monkey_Balls wrote:

Okay... 170 hours in and I'm still missing an ability. I thought it would be the Flurry Rush but it hasn't registered as such... hm, so what am I missing? More importantly what technique have I failed to discover in all this time of playing?

Haru17 wrote:

@Monkey_Balls You mean the 'ability controls' screen? Have you enabled amiibo or tapped one into the game? It's nothing special.

@Haru17 My apologies; I've only just noticed your reply (not sure how I missed it). Yes, that's what I meant, and thanks for explaining. I've yet to use an amiibo, but guess I'll have to now in order to fill out that "???" slot (it was driving me mad). Thanks.

Talking of amiibo, apparently Wolf Link is an excellent sniffer hound. If you select something to find with your Shiekah Sensor, as soon as it starts beeping Wolfie will go running off and lead you right to it. I haven't tried it for myself yet (Wolf Link is still sealed away).

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Nin10dad

After finding Eventide Island on the evening of March 3rd, and dying very quickly, I decided to leave it as my penultimate shrine! Last night, the time came, and my god, it was easy with Urbosas Fury!! Just gotta go and somehow pry that orb out from under Impas steely gaze now and I will be, aside from 650 Korok seeds, done with what had been a glorious adventure!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Haru17

Has the absolute absence of a Rito main questline bothered anyone else? I initially got to Rito Village before any other settlement so I didn't notice it, however it's literally just 'talk to NPC A, talk to NPC B, do the most minor of minor skill checks, time for Vah Medoh."

There is just no substance to it, which weirded me out with how much of a thing the Zora and Gerudo quest lines made getting the shock arrows and Thunder Helm. I guess the Zora one isn't that much more substantial given that those enemies are just copy paste from everywhere else, but they were only featured in the main quest one time outside of Hyrule Castle.

The conversations surrounding the Zora quest were also much more emotionally charged than 'where is this guy?' and there was also the whole Zora River thing, like there was Kara Kara Bazar and the Southern Mine. It's just weird to bring the Rito back and have them be part of the main quest for absolutely nothing to happen with them. It feels like they cut a mission about crafting bomb arrows or something.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

KirbyTheVampire

@Haru17 The Rito "questline", if you can even call it that, was definitely the most disappointing one. Rito Village itself wasn't memorable at all IMO. Basically just (spoilers for those who don't know what it looks like yet) a big rock with a staircase around it and little huts sticking out from the sides. It definitely felt like they didn't have enough time or something and just shoehorned in that whole part of the game. I'm just glad I didn't do it last. Better to just get it out of the way and enjoy the other questlines, particularly the Zora and Gerudo ones, although the Goron one wasn't terrible.

KirbyTheVampire

Spoony_Tech

I actually like the Rito storyline. Also liked how they did the 2 shrine quest linked to that area.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eric258

@SLIGEACH_EIRE If this ain't GOTY material I don't know what is! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

CosmicLight

@NEStalgia I've actually enjoyed hunting Lynels because of the challenge they bring. You can just stock up on ancient arrows and its a one hit kill.

CosmicLight

Spoony_Tech

@CosmicLight Wait, I assumed those only one hit guardians?

MERG said:

CosmicLight

@Spoony_Tech Nope, it kills everything in one hit that isn't a boss. Lynel's don't count as bosses, even silver ones. Try it out.

Edited on by CosmicLight

CosmicLight

Spoony_Tech

@CosmicLight Thanks, I was saving those for guardians but they're easy now so now I know what I'll use them for.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic