Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,141 to 10,160 of 15,210

TuVictus

The game is as big as I had hoped. However, for as little as I played, I can already tell it's not gonna dethrone Majora's mask or skyward sword in my list of top Zelda games. If the story and music pick up later on, I may have to reconsider.

But of course it's the most variable when it comes to gameplay, which is a wonderful thing all on its own

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

More on the second village.. I can buy a house!? That's The Witcher 3 all over again! 3,000 rupees though..

Octane

Dezzy

Where the hell is the Korok Forest? I need to get rid of my 50 seeds

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoyBoy

@Dezzy 50!? Good on you lol.

I got a vague hint telling me to go north from Kakariko and follow the hylian river and continue north... or something like that haha.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

Spanjard wrote:

I got a vague hint telling me to go north from Kakariko and follow the hylian river and continue north... or something like that haha.

Indeed, follow Hylia River, that's what I've been told. I think that's what I'm going to do tomorrow, because I don't really have any other objectives at the moment.

Octane

Eel

Spanjard wrote:

dezzy 50!? Good on you lol.

Is that before or after Mordor?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nicolai

@Dezzy Yeah, what's his name exchanges seeds for you, and he's on the road between Kakariko Village and the Twin Peaks.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Dezzy

Eugh, so there's major frame rate issues in EVERY town I've been to so far on the WiiU version. This is really annoying me.

Can someone confirm that this doesn't happen on the Switch? I think I really might just stop playing and wait til I get a Switch later in the year before finishing it. Sounds pedantic and silly but exploring the towns thoroughly is essential for me in open world games. Can't enjoy it on the Wii U version at all.
I guess there's a chance they'll patch it, but I'm dubious they'll pay any attention to the Wii U version.

AlexSays

@Dezzy Sounds like it is better on the Switch.

There are definitely framerate drops, but they aren't as bad as you're saying. The worst for me were in the very beginning area with all the grass. The towns have been mostly fine.

AlexSays

Dezzy

@AlexSays

It's purely about the towns for me. I don't mind problems out in the world. Most of those situations you only tend to run into once or twice. But the towns you're gonna keep returning to, so they need to be running well imo.
It's the sort of thing that you'd think a developer should prioritise. I'm guessing Nintendo just used their resources optimising the Switch version.

skywake

It's interesting reading how some people are playing this game. I've heard some people say they've spent a good 10 hours or so just in the first area. Others are going through the story quickly. I actually spent a fair amount of time doing some mountain climbing.

@Dezzy
The only major performance hit I've seen on the Switch version is when there are huge amounts of particle effects already and you get into a fight. It has really slowed down for half a second or so in those moments. Also the grass in the great plateau although it's not quite as bad. Haven't noticed any issues in villages.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

SecretaryNS

@Dezzy That's weird. I just discovered Kakariko Village a couple hours ago, spent about 45 minutes there, had no framerate drops. In fact, I've only had one in eight hours of playing so far--fighting a Moblin out on the plains near the Great Plateau. Minor, didn't affect gameplay, but I expected it to happen more often. I'm using a disc though...you?

SecretaryNS

Dezzy

@SecretaryNS

You're on Wii U? Yes I'm using the disc version.

Maxz

I think I'm probably playing this the complete opposite of every reviewer trying to frantically complete the story to get a review out in time for launch. And it's been heavenly. Even if I'm not saving Hyrule very quickly.

Before launch I was wondering how this game could be so highly praised where others weren't. Having played it, it seems pretty clear that to make a world both this huge and perfectly sculpted, every year of that absurd development time would be necessary. It was frustrating seeing it being chased over the horizon year after year of Wii U, but now I'm very glad it's here on the Switch. It's a huge adventure, and being able little chunks as well as mammoth sessions makes it significantly easier to make progress with it.

And the most exciting thing is that everyone here has probably been playing it completely differently.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

shaneoh

Managed to take out one of the huge one-eyed moblins that rip up trees. Turns out Link isnt the only thing that gets struck by lightning while wielding metal. That it targets both Link and the enemy is an awesome touch.

I also named a horse "Glue" due to its tendency to stop and get hit by terminal laser fire.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Aozz101x

went to a shrine that had a guardian in it.
it was pretty hard. with only 4 hearts currently, the thing starts taking it's sword out and shield spinning around, you can always hide behind the wall and once it attacks the wall, it well break it, thus getting dizzy, i always start attacking it every time it did that, once you get to point of bring it health down in the middle it well take off it's weapons and starting spinning around with it's laser, i used the ice arrows to stop it from doing that, than attack it. the last one is where it well begin shooting at lasers none stop, i've died a couple times in it. but finally was able to beat it, now i need one more shrine to get 5 hearts!

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Nicolai

Maxz wrote:

I think I'm probably playing this the complete opposite of every reviewer trying to frantically complete the story to get a review out in time for launch. And it's been heavenly. Even if I'm not saving Hyrule very quickly.

Before launch I was wondering how this game could be so highly praised where others weren't. Having played it, it seems pretty clear that to make a world both this huge and perfectly sculpted, every year of that absurd development time would be necessary. It was frustrating seeing it being chased over the horizon year after year of Wii U, but now I'm very glad it's here on the Switch. It's a huge adventure, and being able little chunks as well as mammoth sessions makes it significantly easier to make progress with it.

And the most exciting thing is that everyone here has probably been playing it completely differently.

This.

I can't find an activity log, but I'm willing to bet I've been playing this game for over 20 hours now. And I've still basically only explored Central Hyrule and Necluda, and haven't visited any dungeons or giant mechanical beasts, or Zoras, Gorons, Gerudo, or Rito. I've spent all this time finding Shrines, taming horses, doing the memories quest, getting a whole bunch of gear, and trying to get to ganon. It's all so beautiful and engaging, and so big!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

@Dezzy Playing on Wii U here. I have noticed big drops in Kakariko Village, not enough to discourage me from exploring, but they're definitely there. The second village is a lot better. Haven't been to other places though. It's a shame, Nintendo games are always very polished, and they usually hit a perfect 30 or 60fps..

Octane

Dreamliner

I was watching some YouTube videos and noticed the HUD and that stupid green circle look way out of place with the rest of the screen, I'm surprise Nintendo didn't make it 50% transparent.

Also, why is there not a BotW thread in the Switch forum?

I've got my Switch version here that I will play when I get a Switch next year (waiting for a price drop and system bundle, huge backlog, no hurry) but keep hearing about the frame rate issues on the Switch when docked making me think I maybe should have gotten it on the Wii U instead?

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic