Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 701 to 720 of 3,410

teo_o

@VoidofLight a bit of inconsistency in the iconography it's what makes the work they've done on the tapestry brilliant, because it works just like real history. It's open to debate and cross references.
Plus, being vague gives them the freedom to reinvent the wheel every now and then.
(to come in your help, you're probably right, i never got into the specifics, but i hear those guys who are craving for a more interesting story. as we've discussed previously, the plot formula is getting old too)

teo_o

VoidofLight

@teo_o I mean, there's ways to make the story more interesting without really breaking the lore that's pre-established. But yeah, the depiction of Link on the tapestry is probably just characterized like that for the tapestry.. or maybe Link was from a tribe of Zonai or something.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Banjo-

@teo_o Nintendo have become a cash grabber during the Switch era. I don't know if it's because of the new president or because Switch is more successful commercially than Wii U but I can't help thinking that it will hurt their reputation or will burn fans out as they grow up and/or mature. How many times will they pay for the same ports? Nintendo 3DS and Wii U have user accounts (NNID) and those were linked to the newer Nintendo accounts yet cross-buy was not available.

When Breath of the Wild was submitted to reviewers it didn't include presents but something worse, a letter that seemed to be some kind of emotional blackmail. Besides, most critics reviewed the Switch version, the Wii U version had (and still has) more performance issues. Just visit towns on the Wii U version to check it out.

Skyward Sword HD was presented at the E3 Direct of the present year as filling the gaps and explaining the origins in the series and compared to Breath of the Wild. As a long-time fan, I know that the meta-story of The Legend of Zelda is shoehorned but I also know that other fans talk much about it. This year, Breath of the Wild 2 and Skyward Sword were presented focusing on sky travelling to promote each other, as you noticed.

Banjo-

teo_o

@BlueOcean Not to go off topic, but i need to clarify. As i get older i absolutely understand the need for nintendo to have a heavy japanese corp oriented mentality, it's probably what got them this far in the industry without having to sacrifice hardware, like sega did after the dreamcast.
So yes, Skyward Sword it's somewhat an easy cash grab, it's also a filler for the lineup of this year, and of course it's a nice way to experience it for those that didn't.
What bugs me is BOTW2 making the eye to Skyward Sword a month prior to release.
Like, i know it comes out next month, i don't care, let me see what other things you worked on all these years. was it too soon the expect a 4 minutes real gemaplay trailer? with a 2022 timeframe?
Was the nod intentional? Is the sequel really all that centered around the sky? we'll find out.

teo_o

VoidofLight

@teo_o I always expected them to do a small teaser, and at least they actually showed something that wasn’t just a cinematic. Also, if the sequel is about the sky, is that bad? The areas they showed look genuinely interesting, and that’s all that really matters.

Henmii

@damien33ad

I'll keep openminded. I am just a bit worried because I found Twilight princess already pretty lineair. And Skyward sword was very lineair, to lineair. But yeah, maybe they all make it work in some way. Lets see what they do!

Henmii

VoidofLight

@Henmii wouldn’t really consider BotW 2 to be linear, since it wouldn’t make any sense. The Zelda team wanted to forego linearity in the series, and anyone who thinks you can mix linearity with an open air concept is.. kind of insane.

kkslider5552000

There might be more linear sections at points, but anyone who thinks BOTW2 would be a linear game as a whole, or even for large chunks of the game, is delusional. BOTW was made to not be linear, to go as non-linear as they could, and its the best selling Zelda game by a significant margin.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@kkslider5552000 Like, BotW itself has some linear level design in an non-linear open world. If you choose to go on the path, and not explore, then you'll get more of a traditional linear experience. Having to climb certain towers by the linear and challenging paths instead of cheesing them and trying to get by all the enemies.

However, anyone who thinks they're just going to make BotW 2 like Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess, where you have to do dungeons in a set order, and unlock the map in a set order.. are sorely mistaken.

kkslider5552000

I will say though, I did look up before starting the Divine Beasts part of the game to see the recommendations for what order to do them in. I like some non-linear gameplay, but I do like logical progression in games (difficulty related or otherwise) and felt I went in the best order because of that (ALBW was also better on a 2nd playthrough for similar enough reasons). But I could still enjoy the non-linear stuff because that's still most of the game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

All the guides needed to say is "do the Zora one last because it makes the rain stop, which ruins the atmosphere of the whole region"

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

@Dezzy I'd say do the Gerudo one last, since that's the one where once you do that, you'll have the Yiga appear out of no-where to assassinate you.

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

Is it? I thought they just did that anyway?

link3710

When it comes to linearity, I'd appreciate a few more linear sections. Zora's Domain is by far the most memorable of the four main story areas for a reason. And it's not like it was all linear, just that opening gauntlet to get to the Domain itself.

Of course, the other reason was that it by far had the strongest plotting and characterization due to the characters actually all knowing and having ties to Link, and Sidon being the most interesting new Champion (with Ruji as a close second).

Anyways, that does make me wonder... Clearly the new Champions will have to play some sort of major role in this game, right? We haven't seen sight of any character save Link and Zelda this far...

link3710

Dezzy

@Balta666

Witcher 3 wasn't complete open world though. It had that intro area, then Skellige was gated off, and Kaer Mohren was gated off. And obviously Toussaint was gated off.

VoidofLight

The leveling system also wouldn't work for a game that's not a JRPG, or RPG. Zelda is more of a puzzle adventure game than either of those.

Dezzy

@Balta666

Ha this is mostly just reminding me of how much I'm looking forward to replay Witcher 3 when they release the next-gen version. I still never got round to Blood and Wine!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic