Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 681 to 700 of 3,410

Octane

It's fair to assume they're hiding some stuff. That's why they don't even want to reveal the name yet.

Octane

Banjo-

I understand that. My words are motivated by the last trailer and the comparison posted last page and it's funny how the first page of the thread still is valid. I wasn't a big fan of the original as everybody knows but as a long-time fan I must see, criticise everything that I don't like about the last entry and then just play the DLC sequel 😂.

Banjo-

WoomyNNYes

Have any Zelda titles spoiled the game or gave away the plot? (note, I never played skyward, but I did see trailers).

This title would have spoiled a bit of botw. "Swords will break, but you can farm arrows & throw infinite bombs, badass weapons are in the castle.... my god, the castle is awesome!..of the Wild, ganon is bad."

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

VoidofLight

@WoomyNNYes Usually they spoil mechanics or important characters, but do so vaguely. Ocarina of Time features an Ocarina as it's central mechanic, A Link Between Worlds reveals that there's 2 worlds you travel between, The Windwaker alludes to, well.. the Wind Waker. Twilight Princess is referring to Midna.

Then you have the games that reveal nothing about the game in it's title: Breath of the Wild, A Link to the Past, The Adventure of Link, etc.

It's safe to assume if they're hiding the name, it'll probably be akin to Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time's title scheme, for a mechanic or character they've yet to officially reveal.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Banjo-

It might be called Wrath of the Wild because of the more obscure atmosphere and because now animals fight back instead of disappearing into thin air. Or Wrath of Zeus because there are even more storms so you can't climb anymore. Or The Lord of the Kings because the names of the places are now more directly inspired by The Lord of the Rings. Assassin's Link, Monster Hunter Hyrule... The possibilities are endless.

Banjo-

VoidofLight

If I had to guess, it'll probably be in relation to the hand Link gets, or the character that hand belonged to.

Octane

It's good that Link is left-handed, cause his right hand is all messed up, and then you'd have to wonder when he's beating the meat, if it's really him or Ganon doing it.

Name ideas: The Legend of Zelda: Whack the Sack

Octane

WoomyNNYes

VoidofLight wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Usually they spoil mechanics or important characters, but do so vaguely. Ocarina of Time features an Ocarina as it's central mechanic, A Link Between Worlds reveals that there's 2 worlds you travel between, The Windwaker alludes to, well.. the Wind Waker. Twilight Princess is referring to Midna.

Then you have the games that reveal nothing about the game in it's title: Breath of the Wild, A Link to the Past, The Adventure of Link, etc.

It's safe to assume if they're hiding the name, it'll probably be akin to Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time's title scheme, for a mechanic or character they've yet to officially reveal.

Oh, sure. If you look at the (makes sarcastic air quotes gesture) "words". Who even does that? Crazy people, mostly.😁😉
Touché @VoidofLight. You win this round. (you're very right )

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

@Octane Indeed. Bill Trinen:

As for why we’re holding back on the name, you’ll just have to stay tuned because, obviously, Zelda names are kind of important. Those subtitles… they start to give little bits of hints about maybe what’s going to happen.

https://www.ign.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2-offic...

.......except most Zelda titles don't really give away anything ahead of time. Most titles you can only understand in retrospect.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

@Dezzy Except, they do hint towards specific things in the games, or mechanics. For a lot of them, you do need context behind to understand, but BotW 2's title could be something that reveals a new mechanic or character who we've yet to see.

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

Link to the Past- maybe something about the past?
Ocarina of Time- maybe something about time, no-one yet knows what an ocarina is.
Majoras Mask - maybe something to do with a mask.
Links Awakening- 'awakening' is usually meant metaphorically so could be about anything.
Wind Waker- no idea what that means. dunno what a "waker" is.
Minish Cap- dunno what minish is, there are about 4 different meanings of the word 'cap'
Twilight Princess- could refer to anything, might be about Zelda. Which the 'Zelda' in the title already implies.
Skyward Sword- it might have something to do with the sky, which you could already see from trailers.
A Link Between Worlds- probably implies there's multiple worlds?
Breath of the Wild- it might be set in the wild, also already clear from the first trailer.

I think "A Link Between Worlds" is the only one that tells you something about the game that makes sense ahead of time! (they hadn't told us it would include the Dark World in the original trailer)

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

Maybe BotW 2's title doesn't spoil BotW 2 but rather Skyward Sword or Age of Calamity story DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

VoidofLight

@Dezzy You really underestimate how fast fans could figure something out from the title alone.

Eel

The subtitle will be...

"The Legend of Zelda: Yeah Zelda Dies In The First Few Minutes Of Gameplay And Now Link Needs To Revive Her"

As you can see, it's for the better they've decided to keep it hidden for now.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@Octane

Yes, I had figured that out in the years since! But I'm pretty sure no-one had a clue what it was in 1998.

And I still have no idea what a "Waker" is exactly. Does that just mean anything that wakes something up, or is 'waker' literally the name of the conducting baton or something?

Edited on by Dezzy

Eel

Well I was 8 so I didn’t know what an ocarina was. Specially not the ones shaped like that.

The waker in the wind waker name, I’m fairly certain it relates to the purpose of the item. It wakes the wind. Sounds nicer than wind baton, or wind control stick. It also leaves it open for the interpretation that the wind waker is Link himself, not only the item.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

I feel like once they reveal the gimmick of BotW 2, that's when we'll get the title drop.

teo_o

@BlueOcean i see your whole point, and despite having loved the first breath of the wild, i've had the impression that Aonuma and the team agreed with nintendo on showing a sky prevalent trailer to do easy marketing for skyward sword.
I'm sorry, i love nintendo, but at this point, with the quality of life improvements linked to amiibo and all the easy cash grab they do, i just tend expect this kind of things.
They are working on this sequel since the end of the dlcs from the first one, so of course the trailer isn't rapresentative of the scope of the game, as it wasn't with Galaxy2 and Majora's mask.
I trust them, but this trailer was clearly easy marketing for skyward sword, which i'm sorry, i'm not going to buy out of hype.
IMO as usual.

teo_o

VoidofLight

I keep getting into debates with people who believe Ganondorf was the ancient hero who sealed the Calamity 10,000 years prior to BotW. It's a common theory, but makes no sense what so ever from the stuff we know about Calamity Ganon, along with the stuff shown in the trailer. But they're stubborn and keep insisting that I'm wrong, despite the fact that I'm using actual evidence from Creating a Champion and the game itself.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic