Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 661 to 680 of 3,410

VoidofLight

@Slowdive Zeltik honestly has some great content.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

kkslider5552000

i've not paid any attention to literally any discussion of this game at this point, so I dunno what people have or have not said about anything. That being said, it sure does seem like its trying to one-up the previous game's own ambition. I don't think it will literally be the entirety of BOTW (or something like it) and also the sky somehow and islands in it as well, but I certainly don't blame anyone who thinks it might be.

They really didn't wanna show TOO much though. It's almost like it was as much a teaser to the game itself as much as future Nintendo's Directs.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

teo_o

Eel wrote:

The right Joycon does.

I know I know, I was pretending. The games that take advantage of it are so few I almost forgot about it

teo_o

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't think it will literally be the entirety of BOTW (or something like it) and also the sky somehow and islands in it as well, but I certainly don't blame anyone who thinks it might be.

Why not, when they can do that at such little effort?

I don't know if it would necessarily be a good idea to reuse the whole map. Unless they're going to make 120 new shrines, the map is just too big for its own good.

It'd probably be better if they just used maybe 1/4 of the original map and then combined it with the new floating islands, and presumably some new underground areas that have been created by these floating islands being unearthed from the ground?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

@Slowdive I noticed that the colors popped more in the trailer for the sequel.

Rambler

Cheers for posting those two videos, @Slowdive. They were really interesting.
I think I like the idea of a magical arm instead of the slate. It's a bit icky though!
Underground baddies could be indicative of dungeons.
The graphics look like they've stepped up a bit in quality as well

Rambler

Dezzy

Hmmm I forgot that in the original trailer, that magical looking Shiekah arm was the thing that seemed to be containing Ganondorf (what we can assume is Ganondorf).

I'm guessing they accidentally free Ganondorf and then the Shiekah arm merges with Link in order to give him the power to recapture Ganondorf, or something like that?

VoidofLight

@Dezzy A lot of people think the arm is more Zonai than Shiekah, given that there’s nothing Shiekah about it, or the text coming off it in the initial trailer.

It’s more likely the arm saves Link’s life, since Malice completely corrupts his hand, as well as probably damages the master sword itself.

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

What's known about the text? I haven't watched those youtube videos, which I assume exist.

VoidofLight

@Dezzy The text isn't something we have an alphabet of. We have the Hylian alphabet and the Shiekah Alphabet, but no way to translate the glowing green text stemming from the hand, or the symbols laying next to Link in a later shot. The society that's in the sky also doesn't really seem Shiekah in origin either, and it seems like the hand comes from those islands, given the robot sharing the same green energy.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Dezzy

@VoidofLight

Cool, might be then. Zonai have only been mentioned in BotW, right? They're not in any of the older games that I can remember.

I just assumed it would be Sheikah because they're so much better established within Zelda in general.

Eel

The Zonai are only mentioned in a few item descriptions I think, but have many ruins themed after them in BotW, so they are a rather constant presence even there.

If I were to make a prediction, I think this game will have the sky islands work as the dungeons.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Rambler

@Eel
I like that idea. The dungeons in SS has some outside bits, so cloud-based mazes?

Rambler

Eel

Pretty much. With the secluded and “gated off but open” nature of the islands, they can build a more traditional dungeon experience, and still leave it open for user creativity.

With the combination of different biomes, external areas, and islands with large interiors, it could have a good amount of variety.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VoidofLight

@Dezzy Yeah, the Zonai are fairly new, and we know little about them other than their architecture.

Banjo-

Because the engine, visual style, ground world, gameplay and animation all look similar I feel that this could have been DLC for the first game. Yes, I see some improvements in the graphics but they are minimum.

Banjo-

jedgamesguy

@BlueOcean It was actually planned to be DLC, before it was turned into a full game. There were too many ideas, is why.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Banjo-

@TheJGG I watched the last video posted on this thread and I am re-reading the first pages of it and the first comments are still valid. They could have added the new content as a big expansion. Just my opinion as a gamer, I'm sure that it makes sense commercially to release Breath of the Wild 2 but this isn't A Link Between Worlds or Majora's Mask, as noted by the first posters. Although I don't believe that the invested time is proportional to the new content that we'll play, too-late DLC might be a reason. The original DLC took time and it was disappointing. This is, basically, decent DLC released as a sequel five years later.

Banjo-

VoidofLight

@BlueOcean The thing is, we have barely seen anything of the game itself. It’s too early to tell if the game truly is mire than just a 60 dollar DLC or not. Wait and see.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic