Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 341 to 360 of 361

BlueOcean

@StableInvadeel If the Switch t-shirt is on Wii U then I didn't open that chest! I read somewhere that it was on Switch but then again perhaps they forgot that the Wii U ever existed. The DLC was meh but that unexpected boss fight was genius.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Dezzy

BlueOcean wrote:

@Dezzy When the Korok mask was available I was already tired of looking for Koroks.

Yeah pretty much. There's no real incentive beyond a certain point. That was one of my main issues with the game. (and Zelda as a series in general). They're always quite bad at end-game content. There's no real benefit to doing all of the shrines, and no real benefit for getting more than a few hundred Korok seeds.
They should've had like an extra cutscene or dungeon if you 100%d the game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy I liked the way they handled 100%, I mean gaming nowadays is so focused on achievements (Xbox) and trophies (Playstation) that having a bad reward for 100% was rather refreshing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

BOTW at least goes so far that it feels easier to justify not 100% it. You feel satisfied if you just do all the things that feel like they result in something. Yet somehow I was more enthusiastic to try to get relatively close to 100% compared to a good chunk of games in the series. Which I think is like half the reason I feel BOTW deserves all the praise it got, because any game that can get me to want to play for the sake of it for that long has to be doing something right. Like I gave up on 100% nearly every Zelda I've played as well, and the time spent in one playthrough of say, OOT, is a drop in a bucket for BOTW. The entire gold skulltula quest is like 2 or 3 BOTW regions of searching for Korok seeds.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Dezzy

All they should've done differently is had a secret ending tied to completing every single shrine.
That would be simple and make it feel worth it.

BlueOcean

Anything better than a little dance by the big Korok or whatever he is.

BlueOcean

damien33ad

@Joeynator3000 interesting perspective. I feel same way. I am actually going to hold off on buying sequel until I read reviews and make sure it doesn't have shrines and there are dungeons. Open world I can prolly look past for most part if they incorporate story this time around. Just weird cause I always buy Zelda without thinking. Never look at reviews first

damien33ad

Henmii

People assume that it takes place a few months after botw, but they forget one important thing: Time flows very differently in this iteration of Hyrule. Take Zelda for example: 100 years later she still looks the same. And then there is the very childlike female Zora who is already 500 years old. My point is, for all we know this could take place 100 years or more after botw.

And one thing about Ganondorf and his supposedly dark fate in botw2: Remember that the mural of the first calamity showed a red-haired hero, not at all looking like Link. What if Ganondorf was the first "Champion"? But then he is fighting himself?! Maybe we find out in botw2.

Henmii

Eel

The game stablishes really well that 100 years is a really long time even in Hyrule time, and that Zoras have very very long lifespans. The normal Hylians like Link and Zelda might get to live a bit longer than humans, but they do appear to age very similarly to them... Considering the calamity was 100 before BotW1, and not many of the present day hylians were there to watch it happen.

As another example, Spirit Tracks takes place about a 100 years after the Wind Waker, and the only person surviving from the Wind Waker is Niko, who is now really old. This is consistent with the reprentation of time in BotW.

Zelda didn't age, probably because story reasons/magic. It's implied she more or less stopped existing in physical form to use all her magic to contain Ganon, much like how Zelda in TP gave up her physical form in order to to give her light to Midna, and yet she came back perfectly fine by the end; clothes, jewelry and all.

Seems to be one of those things Princesses can do.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EOTW

So the reveal for the new Hyrule Warriors has some interesting implications for this game if it's considered cannon. Specifically it would mean that BotW2 will most likely not be a prequel, since Hyrule Warriors will more or less be covering that chunk of the story.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

Eel

They never really gave us anything that would suggest this one was a prequel.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

jump

They said in the Hyrule Warriors announcement it will be the only game to cover the events of the prior 100 years. Which doesn't rule a prequel about how Ganon got into his gooey state, the origins of the Zords etc.

I can't wait to see the arguments this is gonna cause when Linkle is playable Hyrule Warriors and therefore apart of the official timeline.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump I doubt they're going to do that. Maybe Adventure Mode DLC that is non canon but I can see them going the Persona 5 Scramble route where they focus explicitly on BotW characters and not pulling from the broader series as a result of it being a canon game to the timeline. FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors were clearly non-canon which allowed them to freely use more characters from multiple other entries.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

jump

@TheFrenchiestFry I've already seen Ninty getting silly ideas from spin offs series and making it cannon like the bike from Mario Kart. Linkle will be apart of the timeline

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

I fully expect at least one adveture map, to pad the content.

Anyhow, maybe we could move this conversation to the Hyrule Warriors thread.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

kkslider5552000

So I feel confident in saying now, BOTW 2 was never gonna come out this year. Even if there were zero delays at Nintendo, the game would've come out later. I feel pretty confident about this, especially since releasing it during the Mario anniversary instead of next year's Zelda one wouldn't make much sense anyway. I thought MAYBE it would for a while, but in hindsight, the normal process of making this game would've taken too long unless it overly relied on old assets (including the BOTW 1 map).

Ironically, this is a rare time where I loved BOTW's world so much that literally just bringing it back with some changes might've been enough for me, but a more ambitious game is certainly fine by me too.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

WoomyNNYes

@kkslider5552000 Yeah, nintendo's hyrule warriors announcement video from yestersay, Aonuma said botw 2 wasn't releasing this year.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League (platinum1 3v3, gold3 1v1), Splatoon 2
Would pay handsomely for Geoguessr on Switch

Dezzy

EOTW wrote:

So the reveal for the new Hyrule Warriors has some interesting implications for this game if it's considered cannon. Specifically it would mean that BotW2 will most likely not be a prequel, since Hyrule Warriors will more or less be covering that chunk of the story.

I already disproved my own theory that it was a prequel earlier in this very thread, Lol. I compared the height of Hyrule castle in the trailer for this game (recall it raises higher into the air in the trailer) to the height of Hyrule castle in the original BotW.

That shows that it happened after the original, not before. (unless the castle raises itself and then falls back down by the end of the story, in which case the point is void)

Rambler

My idea for the sequel:
Breath of the Wild 2: Beedle's About.
Play as Beedle pranking the inhabitants of Hyrule. Putting washing powder in the Zora realm, giving rubber handles to all the Goron tools. That sort of thing.

(As for the actual game, I wouldn't mind a return of the hookshot in the form of a modified magnesis.
And a greater variety of monsters.)

Rambler

chipia

I really hope they make BOTW2 more difficult, like the first Zelda games.

BOTW could have been a great game, but the fact that you are practically invincible with the endless supply of healing items and overpowered armor really spoiled it for me. It baffles me that Master Mode didn't take care of these issues.

chipia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic