Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 361 to 380 of 3,357

jump

@WoomyNNYes you’re missing the first four of them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

You're such a nerd, @jump! I was focused on the modern 3d games time frame, but I put the others in.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

teo_o

I must admit, I'm eager to play it, but I'm glad it is taking a traditional development cycle.
I can't imagine the refinements, the new mechanics, an indepth story, maybe with the scrapped material from the first one, like the return of the Minish tribe.
I think I reached the point where I'd rather see nothing, even trailers, until it comes out.
And may I spend a few words to thank Aonuma for always showing up in person to apologize.

teo_o

WoomyNNYes

@damien33ad In a 2018 or 2019 Direct, Eiji Aonuma said when they were making DLC for BOTW, they had so many good ideas that they decided it would be better to make another game. ...and Nintendo releases their games when they're happy with it. I imagine the pandemic and new ideas have delayed it. I take that as a good sign that they're pretty inspired.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

rallydefault

jump wrote:

@rallydefault nah, that’s 5 years. It was released in 2017.

Oh yep lol was thinking 2021 for some reason. In our dreams haha

rallydefault

teo_o

@WoomyNNYes wow i just realized this! Mind blowing! Come to think of it, Wind Waker is my favourite out of the three, but if you think about it, it's a chessboard of shrines with 7 dungeons. Wow, it was a golden age.

teo_o

VoidofLight

I'm just wondering how much they'll change the game world. I played the game effectively two times, and I really hope that BOTW 2's world isn't the same with just some minimal changes. I want it to be drastically different, even though they confirmed it was the same Hyrule.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@damien33ad I just hope for a story that's told currently in the game, instead of experiencing the aftermath of the story itself. I also hope for dungeons that're more natural, with bosses that aren't just the same boss but a different element. As long as they do that, then I'd really enjoy the game.

Henmii

I still think we'll see it this year, and that it gets released this year. Maybe we see it at a 35th anniversary Direct. Or a E3-ish Direct (I don't expect a proper E3 this year). Or a few months before release. I think we'll get the game late 2021, it might be a dual release (I still believe in a Switch 2). I know its a lot of "maybe's", but we'll see.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

teo_o

@damien33ad i admit i wouldn't mind a sprinkle of classic too. i would love to see hyrule come alive with it's recovering economy and some quests linked to it. also yesterday i was looking at old gameplay videos of skyward sword, and i thought "wow imagin if in BOTW2 aonuma gives us proper flight!", but then i realized if i could fly in botw2 i would probably never use the horse again, so maybe that's the reason aonuma decided for a glider in botw. keeps you grounded. eheh.

teo_o

FroZtedFlake

Yeah Aonuma always has his reasons, haha but loftwings that could only be used in like a certain section of the map would be epic

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

VoidofLight

@Henmii It's too early for a switch 2, and plus I don't see BOTW 2 coming this year along with Skyward Sword. It's probably a late 2022 game honestly, since we know next to nothing about it besides the teaser. It's confirmed we'll get news, so I feel like either at e3 or a summer direct we'll get a trailer, but I highly doubt they'll reveal a specific release date. It'll probably just be a release year or something.

teo_o

As long as they surprise me! i defenitely don't want the level design of BOTW with the structure of "oh no, someone kidnapped zelda, quick, now that you've got all the elemental orbs you must collect the triforce pieces to power up the master sword to obtain the true power to kill ganon once and for all! yay!"

teo_o

FroZtedFlake

Yeah it didn't really seem like it'd do that also I agree that it kinda has to make dungeons and story because people begged for those but I also think they'll add a couple more cool items

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Henmii

@VoidofLight,

If it would be late 2022 (and Switch2 wouldn't be the reason), then I wonder why that would be. A really new overworld after all? Nintendo re-learning itself to make proper dungeons? Or just the Covid delay? If it would be late 2022, then I really hope we won't get the same overworld (unless they have done some serious tweaking to make it feel fresh). Nah, I still believe in a 2021 release.

Henmii

VoidofLight

@Henmii Probably because of Covid. Either that, or it's probably because they're heavily changing the map, and might not be using a lot of assets that were already made. Not to mention they'd also hold it back a year anyways, even if it went gold this year, since it'd cannibalize Skyward Sword HD.

Edited on by VoidofLight

toiletduck

@teo_o you're also one of the Marios who's fed up with rescuing Princess from Bowser, aren't you?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

teo_o

@toiletduck Peach:"mariooooo, help!"
Mario: yahooos out of bounds

Edited on by teo_o

teo_o

Dezzy

toiletduck wrote:

@teo_o you're also one of the Marios who's fed up with rescuing Princess from Bowser, aren't you?

Those are very different cases. Mario works just fine without a story. In fact I usually get annoyed when a Mario game doesn't open straight into the gameplay.

Zelda on the other hand works really well with a more in-depth story. The reason I still prefer Ocarina ahead of Breath of the Wild, is largely due to the fact that it has a much better story.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic