Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.0

Posts 361 to 380 of 444

Rambler

@chipia
For me, the end of Skyward Sword was like that. Final battle was over in a few mins, if not seconds

Rambler

teo_o

Wondering: what if the fact that Aonuma mentions Skyward Sword in the lateste direct as the game that sets the story for all the others, could be an indication of him taking a more storytelled approach for the next one, and possibly link it with skyward sword?
You know what Aonuma? Want to make a sick move? Put a new trailer for BOTW2 at the end of Skyward Sword HD.
SOLD OUT.

teo_o

jump

@teo_o I'd rather not have to buy a new game just for a trailer.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JustMe

@jump Square Enix actually did that altho I doubt Type-Next is ever going to be more than that random teaser they slapped onto the ending credits of a half-baked HD re-release.

JustMe

WoomyNNYes

@teo_o I think Nintendo is focusing on one Zelda game at a time to bolster sales for one game at a time, rather than muddy the waters with multiple games. They prefer to reveal their games piece by piece throughout the year to make more hype throughout the year. So, I think maybe a month or two after Skyward Sword HD releases they'll move onto to Wind Waker HD or eventually get to BOTW 2 news. Obviously waiting for BOTW 2 news is a pain, though.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
Playing: Rocket League, Mario Galaxy, Sunshine.

rallydefault

I think they're just trying a simple marketing tactic to transfer some of the BotW craze to Skyward Sword HD to move more copies. Though if Amazon is already sold out, I think it's working lol

rallydefault

BruceCM

It's also possible they're not too sure about BotW 2 right now, @WoomyNNYes .... Then, they might want to keep some stuff for around E3 time, so they definitely still have some games to announce? If they do have Twilight Princess & Wind Waker HDs to announce, as well, that might well suggest BotW 2 is early/mid next year I'll be delighted if they all come this year, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

rallydefault

I think BotW2 will be March 2022. I guess that would be exactly four years from the original?

rallydefault

jump

@rallydefault nah, that’s 5 years. It was released in 2017.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

NintendoByNature

jump wrote:

Crazy it's been 4 years already! Feels like yesterday I was waiting for my launch switch and botw to be delivered to the house.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

Just pasting release years from wikipedia.
bold = home consoles

The Legend of Zelda 1986
The Adventure of Link 1987
A Link to the Past 1991
Link's Awakening 1993
Ocarina of Time 1998
Majora's Mask 2000
Oracle of Seasons and Ages 2001
Four Swords 2002
The Wind Waker 2002
Four Swords Adventures 2004
The Minish Cap 2004
Twilight Princess 2006
Phantom Hourglass 2007
Spirit Tracks 2009
Skyward Sword 2011
A Link Between Worlds 2013
Tri Force Heroes 2015
Breath of the Wild 2017
Link's Awakening 2019

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider

jump

@WoomyNNYes you’re missing the first four of them.

Nicolai wrote:

WoomyNNYes

You're such a nerd, @jump! I was focused on the modern 3d games time frame, but I put the others in.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider

teo_o

I must admit, I'm eager to play it, but I'm glad it is taking a traditional development cycle.
I can't imagine the refinements, the new mechanics, an indepth story, maybe with the scrapped material from the first one, like the return of the Minish tribe.
I think I reached the point where I'd rather see nothing, even trailers, until it comes out.
And may I spend a few words to thank Aonuma for always showing up in person to apologize.

teo_o

WoomyNNYes

@jump @teo_o They really banged out zelda games in 1998-2002.

Ocarina of Time 1998*
Majora's Mask 2000*
Wind Waker 2002*

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider

damien33ad

I am really curious as to why development is taking so long. Is it possible they are reincluding the elemental mechanics again that is taking them forever? I'm really dying to see an update if dungeons will be back. Will there be more shrines? How dark is this game really going to be? Are we approaching Majora's Mask level quality with story? Or an update on when to expect an update

damien33ad

WoomyNNYes

@damien33ad In a 2018 or 2019 Direct, Eiji Aonuma said when they were making DLC for BOTW, they had so many good ideas that they decided it would be better to make another game. ...and Nintendo releases their games when they're happy with it. I imagine the pandemic and new ideas have delayed it. I take that as a good sign that they're pretty inspired.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider

rallydefault

jump wrote:

Oh yep lol was thinking 2021 for some reason. In our dreams haha

rallydefault

teo_o

@WoomyNNYes wow i just realized this! Mind blowing! Come to think of it, Wind Waker is my favourite out of the three, but if you think about it, it's a chessboard of shrines with 7 dungeons. Wow, it was a golden age.

teo_o

VoidofLight

I'm just wondering how much they'll change the game world. I played the game effectively two times, and I really hope that BOTW 2's world isn't the same with just some minimal changes. I want it to be drastically different, even though they confirmed it was the same Hyrule.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic