Forums

Topic: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Posts 161 to 165 of 165

VoidofLight

@GameOtaku maybe it’s because I never read the original Holme’s stories, but I really like his interpretation here. Especially at the point I’m at in the game, where more is being revealed about his character.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

kkslider5552000

I've started the 4th case of GAA1. My main thoughts beyond the usual "Ace Attorney good" thus far:

-This is easily my favorite AA from an aesthetic perspective (or at least my favorite of the 3DS games). The way they use 3D space has been great at points. Also, all new characters so its not like AA 5 and 6 where they try to bring back the original characters but refuse to actually change them to make them work in the new style.
-It is also my favorite gimmick/s of the 3DS era. Between the Herlock segments in case 2 and the jury in case 3, the new ideas they add to the formula are all pretty cool.
-If they're gonna take AA outside of its usual setting, I much prefer the historical, real setting over the ones they made up for AA6 and the Layton crossover.
-Only issue I have is that it feels like way too much of the first 3 cases were partially tutorials, and none have felt complete quite like cases in previous games. Also, I'm sick of case 1 being too long, it needs to be shorter than the others imo. I swear case 1 feels longer every game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Meteoroid

I'm on the 4th case of GAA2 now, I actually thought the first GAA was not great, but GAA2 makes up for it, and also retroactively makes GAA better. I am really glad it turned out like this, otherwise it would be a rather disappointing sub-series for me. However, even if GAA2 did save GAA overall, neither of them is as good as regular AA games for me, they are on the bottom of my list I'd say, GAA being dead last.

Edited on by Meteoroid

Meteoroid

VoidofLight

To me, GAA 1 and 2 are just two parts of one big game. The final trial in the first game feels more like a mid-game trial, especially with the other trials being longer in 2, and the story ramping up increasingly. I’m on the fourth chapter of 2, and the story itself is really great. I wasn’t expecting Gregson to be murdered, and having to defend Van Zieks.

VoidofLight

Honestly, now that I'm at the final chapter, I can say now that I really wish this game never had to end. The characters are great, and it makes me sad that they'll probably never return outside of these two entries in the series. The story itself is also amazing as well, especially how it's building up. I really like this game's version of Sherlock Holmes in particular, given how it takes his normal character and just flips him on his head. I really feel like this is probably my favorite switch release of all time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic