Forums

Topic: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Posts 161 to 164 of 164

Quarth

The first game is good, but I'm on the fourth case in the second game now, and WOW! It feels like the first game was just a build-up for the second one. This collection is up there with the original trilogy, IMO. Maybe even better...

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

BrazillianCara

I feel that the first game ending with so many unresolved plot threads might have been as significant a reason for it not being localized on the 3DS than any concerns with Japanese culture or legal problems with Sherlock Holmes. In fact, this may have contributed to the low sales of the sequel, which combined with the rise of the Switch at the time, made localization even more unlikely.
It took a while, but I'm glad they decided to release and localize the complete duology - now people can enjoy those games as close as possible to the intended way. Hopefully it sells well, too.

BrazillianCara

Ralizah

Just started The Great Ace Attorney 2. I think I like the first trial in the original game more, but it's cool seeing Susato get her chance to shine, even if she has to pretend to be a man to do so.

@kkslider5552000 Yeah, that was my one real issue with the first game. "Oh, this part was very obviously included because it was on a stereoscopic 3D handheld. Might have been a cool feature in the 3DS version." Since there's no workaround that doesn't feel lazy, it kinda makes me wish they'd brought over the 3DS version as well, since the game was obviously designed to be experienced on that system.

Although I'm just glad it came over at all.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

VoidofLight

It’s kind of sad though that they had to condense the three games into the first and second given the failure, as there were so many plot threads that just came up out of no-where, and so many things that they should’ve explored more of.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic