Forums

Topic: Tetris 99

Posts 101 to 120 of 149

1UP_MARIO

I manage to get sixth place. I don’t think I’ll ever get in to the top 3. Keep rotating the blocks at the end gives you some time

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

komodo182

Alright, I caved and joined. Worth it!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Daloblast

Man this game gets hard, the closest I've gotten is 3rd.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

LzWinky

EvilLucario wrote:

@JayJ There were datamines that speculated to additional modes.

If multiple people are targeting you, that's actually a good thing. Flick the right stick down and target all of your attackers. You get a bonus the more attackers you have on your tail. You might be able to even KO unwittingly players.

I KOed 10 people because of this

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

komodo182

I would love a puyo puyo 99 or something

komodo182

subpopz wrote:

EvilLucario wrote:

The stat screen gives it away as well. It has a "Tetris 99" category as well as an "All" category, which in itself implies there's more modes to come.

That's what I was thinking

JayJ

komodo182 wrote:

subpopz wrote:

EvilLucario wrote:

The stat screen gives it away as well. It has a "Tetris 99" category as well as an "All" category, which in itself implies there's more modes to come.

I hope they make an article for that update so I know when to install it again.
That's what I was thinking

JayJ

bixente

I've taken a break to play some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. These two are my personal favourite games to play online onnthe Switch.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Late

Untitled
Untitled

Literally second game after the event started and I got my first place. Best game I've had too. Had 10 kills which is more than I've ever had in one match and I survived some really tricky situations. It felt really good to win that game.

Since the European competition only requires one win, I'll let others try to get the first place and I'll have a break from Tetris for this weekend. Or if I do play, I'll make sure I don't win.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

chiefeagle02

One win down, many more to go... Hoping to get at least ten wins for the event.

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

Good luck, everyone participating! I may have a short go in a bit, though I’ve never broken higher than the 30s. It’s still enjoyable for me, so that’s all I care about. 😁

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

msm2000

Just can't quite get the victory. I've had countless top ten finishes, a 2nd, 3rd and 4th but can't get that elusive 1st.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

komodo182

msm2000 wrote:

Just can't quite get the victory. I've had countless top ten finishes, a 2nd, 3rd and 4th but can't get that elusive 1st.

Me neither

RupeeClock

I got my first Tetris 99 just now, and I only picked it up a couple hours ago.
I seem to do best when I start in KO mode, then just stay in attackers the rest of the time to focus on surviving. I get consistent high placement that way.

Some stats:
Total Play Time: 001:38:23
Total Games Played: 16
Event Wins: 1
Singles: 734
Doubles: 253
Triples: 109
Tetris Line Clears: 261
Max Combo: 6
Back-to-backs: 106
Most K.O.s: 17
Total K.O.s: 80
K.O. Badges Earned: 35
Most simultaneous targets from other players: 6

As long as I'm not making mistakes from rushing, I'm doing fine.
On occasion, I've had bad inputs because it didn't buffer my rotation, but then go straight for a hard drop.
I also keep mistaking what my next piece is on occasion, it's weird. I don't get to get that in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

RupeeClock

chiefeagle02

I have to wonder if Nintendo is just stress testing their servers in the guise of a contest.

"The only Zen you find on tops of mountains is the Zen you bring there." -Robert Pirsig

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551 | My Nintendo: chiefeagle02 | Nintendo Network ID: chiefeagle02 | Twitter:

RupeeClock

I can't imagine Tetris is a particularly server intensive game, it doesn't require a great deal of precision of synchronisity between players.
Although it is displaying the playing field of 99 players simultaneously, the information is limited to a 10x20 grid (200 spaces) where each block has 8 possible states, which can be stored in a 3-bit value (.e.g 000 empty, 001 red, 010 green, 011 yellow, 100 blue, 101 orange, 110 purple, 111 cyan)
With 98 other playing fields to display, this amounts to 19600 blocks to track, I guess amounting to 58,800 bits of data per tick, or 7350 bytes, or less than 8kb.
And that's without accounting for the frequency of updates or ticks, there will be ticks with no update so the package size would be smaller than 8kb per tick, and it will only decrease over time as players get knocked out.

This isn't accounting for other variables like their target behaviour or the piece they are moving.

RupeeClock

SKTTR

First try, 1st place.

That's cool, because I don't have more time to participate in the event this weekend.

Sorry, Sandra (2nd place)

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Late

I was browsing eShop couple of hours ago and noticed that my gold points had arrived. Got an email about it just now too. I hope they have more events like this. It was fun to compete, especially since there was a good chance of winning, at least in Europe.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

RupeeClock

Yup, it seems like they're distributing their rewards to My Nintendo entrants now, as well as a kudos for those who did not win the 999 Gold Points.
Untitled
You can see it in the alerts on the My Nintendo page.

Congrats on winning some Gold Points, @Late.

RupeeClock

MysticGengar

I can see this game getting a sequal in a few years. Lets call it tetris 99999999, where so many players go up against each other, it moves at 1 frame per 10 seconds!

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.