Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 8,241 to 8,260 of 11,404

Magician

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2, baby.

P.S. - Terra Trilogy is open to preorder on AmazonNA.

Eeeeeeeeeh but I think your $40 would be better spent elsewhere, so I won't even link it.

Most games published by GS2 go on deep discount a month after release anyhow.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Belexes

I want the Contra Collection too, but I know they have only announced Castlevania as an upcoming release.

Belexes

Magician

Anyone else in Murica order Fallen Legion Revenant? Regardless of where you ordered it from (NIS Store, Amazon, Best Buy, etc). It's set to release today but I have yet to receive a shipping notice.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Red Art Games just announced Double Kick Heroes, 900 standard editions and 1900 steelbook editions for the Switch.

https://www.redartgames.com/presentation?rp=double-kick-heroes

It looks significantly better than many of their past releases, in fact it looks like something that Super Rare Games could've picked up. It has pretty favorable reviews too.
Not something that I'll grab since it's a rhythm game, looks to be Taiko style.

RupeeClock

Magician

Speaking of Red Art, I just got my order for Dex from them.

Might be my favorite cover art to date?

Pretty cool, well done.

Paraka

@Magician - Mine has been shipped a few days ago. So I will judge it myself eventually.

Speaking of cover art. I am noticing a lot (and I mean A LOT) of games I previously unaware it was even in line for a physical release, let alone actually have one. All because I went to some second hand store and noticed a curious surplus of games I didn't recognize.

Paraka

yeayeanaynay

Hades is getting a physical release on March 19

yeayeanaynay

RupeeClock

The Hades physical release is great news, but no mention of who is publishing it.
I was expecting Limited Run Games because of their past work with Super Giant Games.
I'm all over it though, gotta get it.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Looking at the boxart in the trailer it appears Supergiant will be self-publishing the game.

Not sure how they'll distribute it though. LRG or full on retail perhaps?

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Famicom Detective Club getting a nice CE in Japan.

No English support unfortunately.
Untitled

RupeeClock

It looks as though the US is getting a physical release of Famicom Detective Club anyway.
https://www.play-asia.com/famicom-detective-club-the-missing-...
Miitopia also looks to be getting a physical release.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/miitopia-nintendo-switch/6414118...

With announced games, you can sometimes look at their entries on Nintendo.com or Nintendo.co.uk to see if they're getting a physical release or not, but this time it's not so clear.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Meh, always take P-A listings with a grain of salt.

Several times they've listed games as having an upcoming physical release but then never materialize.

Paraka

Well, finally got to watch the Direct this morning with no spoilers (save from Pyra). All I gotta say is, "F&^$ my wallet." But hey, Miitopia suggests Tomodachi Life may be considered!

In lighter news, I broke over 800 games over the weekend with Dex, my LRG shipment and Play-Asia.

Paraka

Magician

@Paraka

Congrats reaching 800 in the collection. I probably would've gotten there myself a while ago if I hadn't begun whittling the collection down. Makes me wonder where JP Switchmania's collection stands at this point? That madman enjoys grabbing Switch releases from any region, oftentimes multiples if there are boxart variants. Probably over 2k if I were to guess.

I'd wouldn't want to look at his spreadsheet for insurance purposes, yikes.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@Magician - Yeah, due to a wedding and Covid I curtailed my collecting to just boutiques and a few imports. So I slowed to a crawl myself.

Also doesn't help I only collect English translations. It feels hubris of me to buy things I cannot understand. Katanakami was almost a regret til I found the language setting.

Paraka

RupeeClock

With that many games, how do you store them all when also considering special or collector's editions?
Do you have enough shelf space for it all, or do some of them end up in other storage containers?

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Unless I have a close connection to the game, AND it has some decent goodies, I buy a CE. Ori is one such example, but they're rare for me.

For me I have them on shelves. A big wall unit that has reached capacity til I can reinvent my living space. However, they are separated by region (NA, EU and SEA). And often update the imports to imitate a NA release (when I have time).

Paraka

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic