Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 7,621 to 7,640 of 11,409

Magician

@Miadaskate

Hmm, I wonder if Shadow Warrior 1 & 2 are finally making their way to Switch then?

As a part of the marketing campaign for Shadow Warrior 3.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

Strictly Limited Games are doing a slightly different physical release this month.
Instead of taking two batches of orders, they're going to open a single batch of orders, during a live reveal of the game by Geoff Keighly at Gamescom starting Thursday 26th of August 6pm BST / 7pm CEST.

https://mailchi.mp/strictlylimitedgames/gamescom-onl-570459?e...

"Being an extremely successful video game series, the name of this upcoming announcement is sure to invoke some of the very best gaming memories ever had by video game enthusiasts worldwide."

With the recent announcement of Wonder Boy - Asha in Monster World, with more details coming during Gamescom, I have a hunch that this is going to be SLG's next release.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/08/switch_is_getting_a...

Alternatively, it might be that Westone arcade game that SLG is helping to restore.

RupeeClock

Magician

Get ready for SRG's next CE.

I didn't bother with either The Gardens Between or The Sexy Brutale CEs, just standard for me thanks.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

yeayeanaynay

more Wonder Boy will make me a happy boy..

yeayeanaynay

Miadaskate

RupeeClock wrote:

Strictly Limited Games are doing a slightly different physical release this month.
Instead of taking two batches of orders, they're going to open a single batch of orders, during a live reveal of the game by Geoff Keighly at Gamescom starting Thursday 26th of August 6pm BST / 7pm CEST.

https://mailchi.mp/strictlylimitedgames/gamescom-onl-570459?e...

"Being an extremely successful video game series, the name of this upcoming announcement is sure to invoke some of the very best gaming memories ever had by video game enthusiasts worldwide."

With the recent announcement of Wonder Boy - Asha in Monster World, with more details coming during Gamescom, I have a hunch that this is going to be SLG's next release.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/08/switch_is_getting_a...

Alternatively, it might be that Westone arcade game that SLG is helping to restore.

Look two posts above yours.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Just out of curiosity did anyone grab a copy of the Korean exclusive physical release for Buried Stars? I'm trying to source a copy and Play-Asia hasn't restocked the game. Seems it might become one of those uncommon prints like Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz.

P.S. - Unfortunately it appears that the Collection of Saga will be digital only worldwide.

Even the uber e-Store edition doesn't appear to have a game case.
https://store.jp.square-enix.com/sp/saga_collection/index.html

Edited on by Magician

Magician

Sounds as though the physical release for Warborn will be Europe-only on Switch.

A thank you goes to JP Switchmania for doing the legwork.

RupeeClock

Limited Run Games have done distributions of games that previously only got European releases, Superepic The Entertainment War comes to mind, so that might be something to look out for in the future.

RupeeClock

Magician

RupeeClock wrote:

Limited Run Games have done distributions of games that previously only got European releases, Superepic The Entertainment War comes to mind, so that might be something to look out for in the future.

Yeah, I know that's always possibility. However, with Warborn the PS4 NTSC release is still happening. So I assume the Switch NTSC version was pulled back due to low digital sales.

Miadaskate

Strictly Limited’s game will be something called Turrican. I thought this was supposed to be a successful video game series? Never heard of it.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

It looks like Strictly Limited Games' upcoming release is going to be the Turrican game.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Miadaskate wrote:

Strictly Limited’s game will be something called Turrican. I thought this was supposed to be a successful video game series? Never heard of it.

The Turrican series of games were renowned in the early 90s, fondly remembered by Amiga fans.
It also had games on the Super Nintendo, Game Boy, and SEGA Megadrive.
More recently, NG-DEV developed a Neo Geo game called Gunlord, which came to the Nintendo Switch digitally, then physically, as Gunlord X. Spiritually it is just like Turrican.

RupeeClock

Paraka

Magician wrote:

Just out of curiosity did anyone grab a copy of the Korean exclusive physical release for Buried Stars? I'm trying to source a copy and Play-Asia hasn't restocked the game. Seems it might become one of those uncommon prints like Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz.

P.S. - Unfortunately it appears that the Collection of Saga will be digital only worldwide.

Even the uber e-Store edition doesn't appear to have a game case.
https://store.jp.square-enix.com/sp/saga_collection/index.html

Sadly I missed out on both, but figure Buried Stars will see something beyond a Korean release seeing as LINE is involved and seen patterns of hitting other Asian countries with no eShop.

Paraka

RupeeClock

Strictly Limited Games is releasing two volumes of Turrican Anthology.
https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/turrican/

Turrican Anthology Vol. 1 features:
Turrican (Amiga)
Turrican 2 (Amiga)
Super Turrican (SNES)
Super Turrican Director’s Cut (SNES)
Mega Turrican Score Attack (Mega Drive)

Turrican Anthology Vol. 2 features:
Turrican 3 (Amiga)
Mega Turrican (Mega Drive)
Mega Turrican Director’s Cut (Mega Drive)
Super Turrican 2 (SNES)
Super Turrican 1 Score Attack (SNES)

This is a let down, I was expecting a new Turrican game.
They're also releasing a Collector's Edition, and an Ultra Collector's Edition that'll feature both anthologies and lots of other goodies.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Hmm, $100 + shipping for the Ultra Collector's Edition.

It isn't the most outrageous asking price for a CE I've seen but my goodness.

Edited on by Magician

Paraka

@RupeeClock- Likely to gauge interest, hard to sell an old concept to a new audience.

But I am down.

Paraka

RupeeClock

@Paraka Maybe, though Factor 5 are probably busy working on bigger things these days.

Still it bugs me that this anthology release is two separate volumes, for what could've very easily been a single cartridge release.

RupeeClock

Magician

Alright the price I first had seen for the UCE must have been a placeholder, yikes.

I settled for just the CE.

RupeeClock

The Ultimate collector's edition doesn't even include the SNES / SEGA Megadrive prints, so yeah.
The demand for their Turrican merch seems a bit low overall, considering they had Gamescom coverage.

Anyway, Mighty Gunvolt Burst aka Gal*Gunvolt Burst on LRG tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that.
I'll probably order the collector's edition for that together with the variant of Ruiner.

I also see that they're doing a PS4 print of Super Daryl Deluxe, but doesn't that game also have a Switch release?

RupeeClock

yeayeanaynay

Pretty annoying how it's in 2 volumes. Money hungry jerks. I heard great things about these games but I am reluctant..
Edit: I bit, I bought (I feel dirty) but being an 90's child I can't refuse retro 2d platformers.

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic