Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 11,405

Magician

SpaceAce13 wrote:

How many people signed up for the super rare club? I have no interest and thinks it’s kind of bs, but I’m worried about missing a title

It won't be required until non-club members are unable to preorder a new release within an hour the preorder goes live. Knights of Pen & Paper I&II didn't sell out until the following day. Maybe that has to do with the game itself? However, if SRG was opening a preorder for Lumines Remastered or something more popular and the preorder sold out in less than ten minutes, then I'd be concerned.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - I will say this about DoAX. If visual novels can be "games," so can this.

Seriously, VNs dominated the Kickstarter fad the last time I was there it became no joke.

Paraka

Magician

Paraka wrote:

@Magician - I will say this about DoAX. If visual novels can be "games," so can this.

Seriously, VNs dominated the Kickstarter fad the last time I was there it became no joke.

It depends on the sub-genre of the visual novel. If the VN has adventure aspects like the Danganronpa series (arguably the best series of VNs ever made, imo) or puzzle aspects like the Zero Time series, then we're talking about high-quality gaming experiences. But it's true, most VNs are little more than spam-button-to-progress types.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

yeayeanaynay

really happy bout vasara collection. another title for my flip grip!

yeayeanaynay

Magician

Cytus Alpha is open to preorders at Amazon NA.

https://www.amazon.com/Cytus-Alpha-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07N83XVX7

rumandgore

Anybody have any tips for picking up standard LRG release on eBay?

Better to get them as soon as they’re up or will the initial listings be high to grab the desperate folks? I’m looking at Layers of Desr now and wondering f if I should make a move. I’ll be in the same boat with Outlast and maybe Dust.

Any opinions or anybody notice any trends?

rumandgore

Paraka

@Magician - I still cannot understand what is going on in that game. All it does is remind me to pick up Musynx. And with my car payment out of the way that's an extra 500 a month I can delegate.

Painay wrote:

"Don’t care, want girls in bikinis on Switch"
@Miadaskate so you enjoy pulling yourself over video game girls like some gross pervert?

With all due respect, it's actually none of our business what he does with his game preferences.

Paraka

hirokun

rumandgore wrote:

Anybody have any tips for picking up standard LRG release on eBay?

Better to get them as soon as they’re up or will the initial listings be high to grab the desperate folks? I’m looking at Layers of Desr now and wondering f if I should make a move. I’ll be in the same boat with Outlast and maybe Dust.

Any opinions or anybody notice any trends?

I'll tell you my general experience with ebay scalpers. The people who list product they don't even have yet charge a much higher price to get the people who are afraid, and get the early sales. Then once everyone has the item in hand, there is a flood of listings on the market. The prices drops at that point. Then it just really depends on the item how to price goes from there. But I can safely say, if they haven't yet delivered the games to people, then don't buy, the prices are always higher, no matter what the game is. Trust me, I was a rabid amiibo collector, and thankfully I didn't have to resort to scalpers except one time, but I saw how the ebay market went with new releases and preorders. The same for Every zelda thing too.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

@Miadaskate You do you, mate. No judgement from me.

As far as the "Are VNs games" conversation goes, I concede that 90%+ are adult oriented, and 90%+ of them are pretty much just very long picture books, but I for one am ECSTATIC for Steins;Gate Elite. I never played the game, but it's one of my favorite anime. So to have the whole anime with new scenes by the studio in the original VN format... Feb 19th can't get here fast enough!

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

hirokun

As far as the "Are VNs games" conversation goes, I concede that 90%+ are adult oriented, and 90%+ of them are pretty much just very long picture books, but I for one am ECSTATIC for Steins;Gate Elite. I never played the game, but it's one of my favorite anime. So to have the whole anime with new scenes by the studio in the original VN format... Feb 19th can't get here fast enough!

same here. I kind of kept quiet but was thinking it. I've not really played a VN before. However I know Stein's gate started as a VN, and the show is amazing. Plus the exclusive little 8 bit title coming to switch is going to be a fun diversion. I for sure got the special edition from Bestbuy. My time is running out though. On the Anniversary of The launch of the Switch mine will be gone forever

So I have to be sure to buy everything I can.

EDIT: Also as of this post Knights of Pen and Paper from SRG is at 1% stock, which is ~30 total left in stock. So get it NOW or regret it later if you are on the fence.

Edited on by hirokun

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

Painay wrote:

@Miadaskate so you enjoy pulling yourself over video game girls like some gross pervert?

With all due respect, it's actually none of our business what he does with his game preferences.

I didn’t even see this until now. Real nice waking up to this. Totally rude and uncalled for. This is exactly why he has been on the Ignore list, and continues to be on the Ignore list with every new account he creates, which has been 4 so far since the inception of this thread. His last account was under the name paihia. Always starts with a P, always from Australia, always poor typing skills and has weird arguments about the Earth and plastic waste. Look at his comment history and you’ll see a pattern. He has a knack for starting trouble and then tries to hide under a new account. Everyone should Ignore him. Thank you for having my back, Paraka and others.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

Thank you. I appreciate your RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

hirokun wrote:

My time is running out though. On the Anniversary of The launch of the Switch mine will be gone forever

So I have to be sure to buy everything I can.

What do you mean by this?

Currently Playing :

rumandgore

@hirokun thanks for the reply and feedback!

I’m not gonna jump on anything just yet as I’m not willing to spend what people are asking. Hopefully as more listings go up prices will drop a bit.

rumandgore

JasmineDragon

Painay wrote:

Getting a little personal there, dontcha think? It's none of your business if s/he does.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

leerafuse

Another World is out on LRG. 26 in, can't miss one now!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Miadaskate

JasmineDragon wrote:

Painay wrote:

Getting a little personal there, dontcha think? It's none of your business if s/he does.

Thank you.

Currently Playing :

leerafuse

The CE was gone within the first min. I am not a CE person, so I always just grab the regular ed. But for whoever wants the CE, you gotta be quick on the last batch.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

SpaceAce13

leerafuse wrote:

The CE was gone within the first min. I am not a CE person, so I always just grab the regular ed. But for whoever wants the CE, you gotta be quick on the last batch.

I saw that, and I’m not really sure why. This looks, to me, to be one of their worst CEs yet. I guess the fact that it’s limited to 1,000 is the main reason, but still

SpaceAce13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic