Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 501 to 520 of 11,403

Rusted_Gold

Thank you for continuing to update this thread I have been collecting for the Switch almost since day one and this has been a huge help.

Also since you have Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on the list twice due to it having separate box art releases, Retro city Rampage also has two versions out, and the Collectors edition of XenoBlade Chronicles 2 has a steel book version as well , not sure if other users have pointed that out yet.

Rusted_Gold

McGruber

@Rusted_Gold I've given up on having a picture of the different boxart lol, but I'm going to try to note them all. I'll update everything later today, including that beautiful Street Fighter collection 😍

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Paraka

@Rusted_Gold - I have been doing my part to make a collected omnibus each month of general editions (ones most will be collecting). I will probably get to making limited versions as well as the EU exclusives omnibuses in addition when more time is given to me.

Paraka

link3710

Wow... we already have 63 physical titles confirmed for 2018, and I suspect they'll just keep coming. Capcom, Squeenix, Ubisoft, Nintendo, and probably the entire second half of the year worth of indies all have announcements to make still after all most likely.

link3710

McGruber

And with this update we are finished with our first year of Switch games! I don't know about you, but looking back, there were a lot more games released physically than I expected initially, given the tiny launch lineup. I'd say it's been an amazing first year for the Switch, and really about as good as a first year can be for a system. In the past 9 months over 70 retail games have been released for Switch.

What are everyone's votes for best Switch box art for year one?

My vote:
Untitled

Edited on by McGruber

McGruber

revolutionika

Yes, when Switch launched Inwas shocked how little games were released.

I’m also surprised how many indie games came to retail. I hope they sell well and keep coming.

Also, there is not a ton of shovelware (yet). All systems have them but Wii has an abundance. Haha

Some of they UIG Entertainment games coming up look interesting, and I’ll pick a few up.

My vote for Switch GOTY is actually Bomberman.

revolutionika

link3710

For statistics (according to my personal tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EeVvzfM-HIqtyaMQYypsn...

NA: 69 Titles released, 2 of which were exclusive to NA
UK/EU/AU: 74 Titles released (Counting all four versions of Let's Sing as one game), 8 of which were exclusive to PAL territories
JP: 58 Titles released, 16 of which were exclusive to Japan
Total: 93 unique titles released across all territories

Now then, for my favorite box art... I'm torn between these two:
Untitled Untitled

link3710

McGruber

@revolutionika I was waffling between Rime and Bomberman R. I love the art on that box as well. Definitely something for a company that doesn't seem to give AF anymore. @link3710 let me help you decide

Untitled

McGruber

link3710

@McGruber Good choice. There's something about the hollywood poster styling of that game that really resonates with me. It's LEAGUES ahead of the original awful box art.

link3710

McGruber

@link3710 I was actually trying to point out the warning at the top. Kinda ruins it for me, otherwise I'd agree it looks great.

McGruber

link3710

@McGruber Oh lol, yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to print up a nice quality warningless version for that game, just for display purposes.

link3710

McGruber

Rocket League Collector's Edition just announced for release in 1 month. Finally I can play this game! 😜

Untitled

McGruber

link3710

YES! I absolutely adore Rocket League! Jeez, between that and Lost Sphere and Bayonetta 1&2 in early February, I'm never going to get to actually playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ;.;

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic