Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 4,361 to 4,380 of 11,400

@Magician

So This War of Mine is the second game that's been linked to shop4megastore that has made me do a triple take. So I perused the sites Switch catalog and I have some questions.

Space Hulk, Warhammer 40k Deathwatch, Rollercoaster Tycoon Adventures, and This War of Mine.

Of those 4 that interest me personally, I only new of This War of Mine even coming to the system, let alone getting physical. Are these PAL exclusives? Are they in NA but retailer exclusive? Why haven't I heard of these releases? Space Hulk comes out in 9 days!

I feel like I hear about a decent number of Japan exclusive physical editions, but I don't get news of PAL exclusives.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

paihia

the kunio kun collection will include double dragon 1-3!

paihia

Miadaskate

Signature Edition apologizes about lack of customer service excellence, hires additional staff. New packaging and shipping options with tracking available.

I still have not received a single order from them yet. I placed one order for two Signature Editions on August 17th and another two Signature Editions on August 31st.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Are these PAL exclusives? Are they in NA but retailer exclusive? Why haven't I heard of these releases? Space Hulk comes out in 9 days! I feel like I hear about a decent number of Japan exclusive physical editions, but I don't get news of PAL exclusives.

Yes, there have been a number of PAL-only exclusives over the past year and a half. Without rattling off a list of games, I would assume around twenty games have been released in Europe only and not in North America. That number doesn't include the German-only exclusives either, of which there are around ten games or so. And even though shop4megastore is a good source for ordering PAL-only exclusives, even they don't open preorders for some games. I had to acquire the physical release of State of Mind elsewhere.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Dev for a game called Hazenut Bastille has confirmed that a backer level will include a Physical Switch release. I don’t know about you folks, but after Indivisible, I’m totally over Kickstarter exclusive physical releases.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

hirokun

Miadaskate wrote:

Dev for a game called Hazenut Bastille has confirmed that a backer level will include a Physical Switch release. I don’t know about you folks, but after Indivisible, I’m totally over Kickstarter exclusive physical releases.

Yeah I think its a cheap pot shot at collectors. Imagine how people who bought mighty number 9 feel.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

hirokun

honestly a good deal of the Europe exclusive stuff has been shovelware. The Germany ones are specifically horse and real life job related shovelware.

fatbaldman

Miadaskate wrote:

what happened with indivisible? i think i backed that.

fatbaldman

Miadaskate

fatbaldman wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

what happened with indivisible? i think i backed that.

Nothing besides that It got delayed and they annoyingly keep sending out updates every couple of months. I was just using that as an example for why I won’t do that again. I just don’t like the whole idea of it.

Currently Playing :

Magician

hirokun wrote:

honestly a good deal of the Europe exclusive stuff has been shovelware. The Germany ones are specifically horse and real life job related shovelware.

eightbit wrote:

Do we have a list of PAL only released exclusives? I have a few (like Little Nightmares) and I buy them from Shop4 when I am fairly certain no USA release is going to happen. Now I am not sure what to order

Katelynn might, I personally don't keep track of each and every physical release. As hirokun said, a fair number of games are straight up shovelware, but the same could be said of any region. However, there are some solid games as well. Taiko no Tatsujin, Super Chariot, The Count of Lucanor, etc.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Shakedown : Hawaii will be available Q1 2019.

Currently Playing :

hirokun

@Magician fair point. I must say I was glad I bought count lucanor(good game, crappy writing[literally broken english sometimes]) and little nightmares. The latter of which I scared the crap out of a friend with.

Katelyn1223

Magician wrote:

hirokun wrote:

eightbit wrote:

Do we have a list of PAL only released exclusives? I have a few (like Little Nightmares) and I buy them from Shop4 when I am fairly certain no USA release is going to happen. Now I am not sure what to order

Katelynn might, I personally don't keep track of each and every physical release. As hirokun said, a fair number of games are straight up shovelware, but the same could be said of any region. However, there are some solid games as well. Taiko no Tatsujin, Super Chariot, The Count of Lucanor, etc.

I do try to keep track of region exclusives, I don't have separate lists though. On my spreadsheet it says in one of the columns next to the game which region it's exclusive to if any

Edited on by Katelyn1223

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

Miadaskate

Owlboy LE arrived today. It’s larger than I anticipated! Comes in a long rectangular box.

Currently Playing :

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

Owlboy LE arrived today. It’s larger than I anticipated! Comes in a long rectangular box.

Mine should be showing up soon. I’m excited, I started to think it would never actually ship lol

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate

SpaceAce13 wrote:

I started to think it would never actually ship lol

SAME

Currently Playing :

Katelyn1223

Phew, I finally was able to update my spreadsheet. Took wayyyy longer than I thought it would lol

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

leerafuse

@katelyn1223 Agreed! Amazing work. I have it bookmarked and use it regularly. Because of it, this site and others I am at 196 now! I love the spreadsheet because I can check out other regions! Much love!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Miadaskate

No rechargeable battery, no sale. I’ve never had a rechargeable battery in a controller die on me yet and have been using them for over 10 years.

Might as well just get one of the 8BitDo controllers, or the NES Joycons.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic