Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 11,361 to 11,380 of 11,401

Paraka

@Aurumonado - Might have to double dip on that Wargroove, may have the built in audio patch.

Paraka

Magician

Physical copies for Grounded coming via LRG.

Bit of a surprise that. Having never played it, I assumed it was a live servicey game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

@Magician - Yes and no. It is constantly updated, but if it goes the way of Rocket League, you can host local parties too.

Something MS actually knows to do with Minecraft.

Paraka

Paraka

So we know any news on Special Reserve's move to a more broader publishing since their shift early last year?

Apparently my Inscryption is out in the ether, and it may end up being a lost cause, but heard a little that we may see a reprint of the few latter games with less fluff.

Paraka

RupeeClock

Premium Edition Games had another direct presentation recently.

Their presentations are agonizing to watch though with poor production value and a lack of charisma, as they show full length trailers and talk at length about the games they've announced, and their email newsletters fail to adequately summarise their own announcements, so here's some summary:

• Series 8 pre-orders opening with three titles (also available as a mega-pack):
    • Gordian Quest - Pre-orders available now
    • Tadpole Treble Encore - Pre-orders open April 8th
    • Scarlet Tower - Pre-orders open April 22nd
  • C.A.R.L. content update with expectation of being content-complete for a summer 2024 physical pre-order window
  • Showing of a previous trailer for Poglings (which has since announced on their Kickstarter that Yojoyco have to change development studios as their partner studio is struggling)
  • A Kickstarter update about Kristala
  • Kickstarter trailer promo for Godshard Chronicles
  • Kickstarter trailer promo for Atomic Owl
  • Curse Crackers: For Whom the Belle Toils revealed as a future physical release

The ones I'm most interested in are Tadpole Treble Encore and Curse Crackers. The latter is a pretty overlooked gem that few review sites have covered.
I'm hopeful that Nefarious might also get a Switch physical, being another game that Matthew Taranto of Brawl in the Family fame worked on.

@Paraka
Do you mean your order for Inscryption is lost in the mail or something?

They haven't announced anything further about their new Devolver Deluxe line yet, other than send out an email promoting some discounted fashion.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Oh and this might interest some UK collectors.
Bazaar-Bazaar have half-price on some previous Premium Edition releases. Sale ends on Tuesday 2nd April.
£15.00 - https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/mighty-fight-federatio...
£18.00 - https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/rack-n-ruin-standard-e...
£25.00 - https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/rack-n-ruin-retro-edit...
£19.50 - https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/rain-on-your-parade-st...
£29.99 - https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/rain-on-your-parade-re...
£19.50 - https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/wunderling-dx-standard...
£29.99 - https://www.bazaar-bazaar.com/products/wunderling-dx-retro-ed...

Bazaar-Bazaar is good, they ship stock domestically from UK so it's free.
I think they also offer a one-time discount code for new customers: AMZ001, worth trying if it still works.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Hamstrman

@RupeeClock wow I haven't even heard of a single one of these games. I'm just surprised. You guys know what's best though. I've got some homework to do (re: these games, not actual homework)!

Apropos of nothing, I finally caved after 4 years and asked for a refund from first press! I'm on email 2 of chasing them down. They tried to get me to change my mind by pointing out a Q2 2024 release date of... All of my games?? But I'm sticking to my decision. Wish me luck!

Hamstrman

RupeeClock

@Hamstrman
Curse Crackers is a pretty recent release, it caught my eye with it's level of polish and proper GBC aesthetic. It's in my backlog but haven't got to it yet.

C.A.R.L. is a game made by Nintendrew, which runs a pretty good YouTube channel on retro Nintendo collectables and trivia and whom I once (jokingly) described as "Chadtronic's evil twin" in a Nintendo Life article comment, which I think might've even led to a little exchange they had.

As for First Press, yeah I've got far too many titles on backlog with them, including the GBA physical for Goodboy Galaxy. The only thing they've been able to ship me at all in the past couple years were a couple of Bub and Bob plushies, and they couldn't even supply the version that was supposed to include a speaking voice.
I really want that physical for Chained Echoes, too. I'm holding out still, because I'm of the assumption that they're tight on funding to even follow through on any of their current promises.
This unfortunately seems to be the trend of any boutiques that like to put too much stock into the little trinkets and collectibles and not just the most important part: the physical game package.
First Press does this thing where every single game has collectible coins available in bronze, silver, or gold depending on what you're buying. That's probably hurt them a lot when they didn't hit sales targets.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - Yeah, lost due to the order happening before I moved, so the changes didn't get communucated to mailing or something.

Long story short; The game is out there somewhere and no one is able to track it.

Paraka

Magician

Old news, but I enjoyed Void Bastards enough to at least have an interest in this studio's next game.

Wild B@stards.

I like the art style but the enemy AI seems...unengaged.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

My most anticipated delivery of 2024 is finally enroute, King of Fighters XIII CE from Pix'N Love. Their shockbox release for Samurai Shodown is one of the cherished items in my collection, so I'm eager to have KoF XIII alongside it.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

In an unexpected turn, Super Rare Games has announced they're doing a 4000 print run of Wargroove 1+2, with an earlier than usual reveal of their first and second titles in their 33rd Switch triple-bundle.

https://superraregames.com/products/pb-33-nightmare-reaper-ga...
Their newsletter email acknowledged the Asia region release of WG1+2, which is a little annoying as I'd ordered a copy from Videogamesplus already, but won't turn down a good SRG release.

The other title announced is Nightmare Reaper, which is an interesting looking retro styled boomer shooter (Doom-like) with looter-shooter and roguelite elements. This looks like a solid addition to the SRG catalogue too.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Teksetter

I was surprised to see an email from VGP (VideoGamesPlus in Canada) this morning saying they have standard editions of Unicorn Overlord on sale for only CAD$49.99 for NSW/XB/PS.
That is a bargain, if you ask me!

Edit:
Aaaand the Switch standard edition is sold out already.
Honestly, I think they could have sold out of this restock at the list price (CAD $79.99) since the game is in demand…

Edited on by Teksetter

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

GrailUK

@Magician Is Void Bastards complete on the cart?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

@RupeeClock Which reminds me that I need to check on my preorders from SRG. I'm fairly sure I'm in on PB#31 and PB#32, but their shipping cadence has been elongated ever since they've branched to platforms other than the Switch, so my orders from them are taking longer than expected to arrive. But bundling Nightmare Reaper and Wargrove 1+2 in one PB already makes it an offering I'm quite eager for.

Magician

@GrailUK

I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll check my copy after work in a few hours and let you know.

GrailUK

@Magician You, are doing the lord's work sir!

Paraka

@GrailUK - I can recall it. Outside the latter updates, small bugs and all, all content is complete on cart and pretty playable.

Paraka

GrailUK

@Paraka Thanks guys

RupeeClock

@Magician
It used to be that SRG would have the stock ready in-house to ship when they opened their pre-orders, but that seems to have changed now as there's usually a couple weeks waiting time for fulfilment.
It's never unusual for their collector's edition or multi-packs to take longer though.
It's entirely bearable when you compare it to whatever's going on with Strictly Limited or First Press.

RupeeClock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic