Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,261 to 10,280 of 11,398

RupeeClock

@Hamstrman
Oceanhorn 1 & 2 is a distribution release on behalf of FDG Entertainment, it's not a numbered release like the two River City Girls games.

But yeah, at least Asia English releases of some games are sometimes still available, for cases when LRG releases aren't the only release.

RupeeClock

Magician

For those who are grabbing an SEA copy of River City Girls 1 + 2, I would be interested in knowing if RC1 has all the updates on cartridge. I despise dipping more than once, but I'll do it if I think the game is good and the cartridge is more complete for preservation's sake.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Iโ€™ll definitely be grabbing Oceanhorn 2. Been waiting a long time for that one.

I hope Shovel Knight Dig gets a physical release.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

RupeeClock

@Miadaskate
Shovel Knight Dig, and Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon are both deserving of a physical. I'll be surprised if they don't.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - I suspect because both likely have incoming content is the main reason they've decided not to make a physical release yet.

Paraka

Magician

EastAsiaSoft's next numbered release is Sea Horizon. I'm still keen on keeping my EAS limited edition collection complete. But I can't say the same for their self-published games. Magical Snack Shop...? I just don't have any interest.

P.S. - Also, Red Art Games are having a warehouse sale for the next week, 30%-50% off select games.
https://www.redartgames.com/16-warehouse-clearance-sale?page=1

P.P.S. - Operation Wolf Returns will be getting a physical release.
https://www.gamefly.com/game/operation-wolf-returns-first-mis...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

@Paraka
This makes sense, the Switch version of Shovel Knight Treasure Trove didn't launch until they finalised all of the planned content.
That said, 3DS and Wii U physicals launched earlier before the completition of the added content for Plague Knight, Spectre Knight, King Knight, and Showdown.

RupeeClock

Paraka

@RupeeClock - That was also before they planned to overhaul having playable characters have their own campaigns too. Wasn't til they saw the timing was right to hold off on future releases for physical content to be distributed.

Paraka

Magician

Strictly Limited's next physical release is Snow Battle Princess Sayuki.

I...don't hate this...?

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
It wouldn't surprise me if this was a 2000s Japanese PC homebrew game, it has that vibe.

RupeeClock

catsnpizzas

@RupeeClock

It's just a re-release of the PS2/Wii game Heavenly Guardian (Legend of Sayuki in Europe):

I don't remember if it released as a budget title but it was one you would often find in bargain bins. Critical reception of it wasn't too kind either.

catsnpizzas

Magician

Limited Run will be distributing Mighty Goose.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I checked and this one is NOT an open pre-order, limited to 2000 copies. At least, the one sold directly on their website, they're selling copies through Amazon too.
I've wanted Mighty Goose so I'll be sure to grab a copy.

2000 copies is a pretty low print run for something that's never been released physically before, I'm really surprised it's not an open pre-order.

RupeeClock

Magician

Was browsing the web and stumbled across a mockup of Neon White box art.

Damn it wishful thinkers, don't tease me!

Magician

Premium Edition are working with Screenwave Media to bring Love 3 and Eagle Island Twist physical releases. PE are also working with Fossil Games on a Sunshine Anthology release.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
They're also doing physical releases of Raji - An Ancient Epic Enhanced Edition, and They Bleed Pixels.
Altogether a pretty solid line up for their next series, I'm most interested in Eagle Land Twist; that looks like one that flew under the radar.

Incidentally, Raji will be available as a "Premium Edition Retro Edition of the Enhanced Edition".

RupeeClock

theepictorkoal

@Magician I remember you mentioning that Yggdra Union + Gloria Union Remastered Collection was getting a physical release on the Switch based on the PlayAsia listing. Did you ever order that game? I'm curious about what your impressions on it are since I'm thinking about purchasing it at some point.

theepictorkoal

Magician

@theepictorkoal To my knowledge, that Yggdra Union + Gloria Union Collection doesn't support English, so I skipped it.

MarioBrickLayer

Super Rare Games have posted their standard tweet hinting at the next release...

A lot of people have put The Touryst in the comments, but who knows!

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock Raji is an interesting release! Did they ever go back and work on the frame rate and camera issues?

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic