Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,281 to 10,300 of 11,397

RupeeClock

@MarioBrickLayer
The Touryst is a likely bet for the next Super Rare release, given it's a Team 17 title and they've published a number of those.

No clue if the Definitive Edition for Raji fixes all the problems of the original release. They argued that it should be treated as a separate game due to the added content and polish.
It's something worth looking into, sadly a lot of games don't get a second change after initial release due to first impressions.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@RupeeClock If it is The Touryst, I wonder if we could see a release of Fast RMX as it's the same developer.

I'll see what I can find about Raji.

MarioBrickLayer

GrailUK

I like the idea of a FAst RMX / The Tourist double pack. That would be one of the best limited runs ever!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

I don't believe Team17 and Shin'en Multimedia have ever worked together.

I...doubt it's The Touryst, but I certainly won't object if it is.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

@Magician with the 2, a racing flag and a desert island in the tweet, a Shin'en double pack is a very good guess I reckon.

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician @GrailUK i'd love it to be true!

They have done something similar before, they released The Toki Tori Collection and Rive individually and then packaged them into a double pack called The Two Tribes Collection...that's the only way I could see it happening as each game individually would sell out.

Would you buy the individual releases or the double pack if they were released that way?

The problem is, there are so many eshop games now it's impossible to know them all!

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@GrailUK It is a fair guess, no question. And if it is, my heart goes out to anybody who isn't a club member. Folks have been asking for a physical copy of Fast RMX since the Switch launched. That said, my guess would be a combination of Cozy Grove and Almost There.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

@Magician Well, to be fair, I would be happy if it is Cozy Grove and Almost There. This month already has far too many games for me to buy so it would be a relief hahahaha!

theepictorkoal

@Magician Ah okay. Apparently at some point the PlayAsia listing had included English in it's language description but that was an error so it was corrected eventually. A shame that this release doesn't support English.

theepictorkoal

Magician

Microids will be serving up physical copies for Arkanoid: Eternal Battle.

https://store.maximumgames.com/products/arkanoid-eternal-batt...

Edited on by Magician

catsnpizzas

@theepictorkoal I ordered the Yggdra Union / Gloria Union combo. It's been shipped out and I'm waiting for it to arrive. But as noted, it does not support English (Gloria Union has never been officially translated). I also feel like Blaze Union is an odd omission considering it's a prequel to Yggdra Union.

catsnpizzas

Magician

Undead Darlings opening for preorder via LRG this time next week.

MarioBrickLayer

Super Rare Games have pretty much confirmed their next release is a double pack in an email yesterday:-

PHYSICAL SWITCH! 🎁📦

Did you spot our recent teaser for Friday's reveal? 👀 Is it one game, or is it maybe two? We've been working to sign this/these for a very long time, and whether you had your Switch from launch day or are a more recent collector, you're going to love what we've got in store next...

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

@MarioBrickLayer

Sounds like a lock for a Fast RMX / The Touryst double pack. As I mentioned previously, Fast RMX has been desired by the collection scene since day one of the Switch's existence. And if The Touryst is included? You could make a case for this being Super Rare's most important release.

If that's what this will be, I'll be amazed at how SRG continue to push the quality bar forward, even though some folks already consider them to be better than Limited Run as the best in the physical boutique business.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
Fast RMX / The Touryst would absolutely be a must-have release, I'll be getting it for sure.

LRG has progressed to being a bigger publisher where they'll pad out with less interesting releases from time to time, if there's a business agreement going. They'll definitely act as a publishing arm for Embrace Group now.
SRG on the other hand, they've definitely picked out some much better physicals lately, and their indie publishing label has already given us a gem like Grapple Dog; I'm eagerly awaiting that physical.

RupeeClock

MarioBrickLayer

@Magician @RupeeClock I've said it before, the thing I like about how SRG operate is that they only announce a game once production is complete so it feels like you get the game much quicker, the obvious downside is if they misjudge demand, but I don't see anything wrong with what they did with A Short Hike where they essentially had their limited print run and tagged on a open pre-order before it sold out.

I wonder if Fast RMX and/or The Touryst would get steelbook releases? It would be great if they did but I'm assuming not.

In terms of maintaining quality, there are still some gems to go after such as; Fez, Firewatch, Spelunky, Inside, Limbo, Bastion etc. I wonder if they could get a big release such as GRID Autosport or Alien Isolation?

I'd love to see them do a complete on cart (all DLC) release of Horizon Chase Turbo too.

MarioBrickLayer

Magician

It's a shame Shin'en still haven't ported Nano Assault Neo to the Switch yet.

MarioBrickLayer

Fast RMX and The Touryst are confirmed!!

There are 6 options:-
1. Fast RMX single
2. The Touryst single
3. Double pack
4. Fast RMX Steelbook
5. The Touryst Steelbook
6. Steelbook double pack

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic