Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 10,241 to 10,260 of 11,400

Magician

@RupeeClock Dicey Dungeons is one of those games I've routinely seen on 50% discount digitally. I've been tempted to pull the trigger many times. I'm glad I held off. So that concludes the most recent bundle: A Short Hike, Necrobarista, and now Dicey Dungeons. Pretty good.

I'm eager to see what they serve up next. There are still a few standouts lingering in need of a physical release. Freshly Frosted? Everhood? Aztez?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Hamstrman

RupeeClock wrote:

Nobody's mentioned this yet, not even an article from Nintendo Life, but Super Rare Games' next release is Dicey Dungeons.
https://superraregames.com/products/srg-76-dicey-dungeons-switch

I've heard good things about this game, Nintendo Life's own review was very positive.
https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/dicey_dungeons
This makes for a really solid triple pack.

OMG why do I even buy anything digitally anymore? As soon as I do, it comes out physical.

Broforce, Fury unleashed (amazing game BTW), baba is you, Gato roboto, Underhero and Psychotic Origins (although with first press games, I'm not sure I'll ever get those), and now Dicey dungeons.

Who else here has caved and bought games digitally only to hear about the physical release out of nowhere shortly thereafter?

Hamstrman

Magician

Hamstrman wrote:

Who else here has caved and bought games digitally only to hear about the physical release out of nowhere shortly thereafter?

More times than I can count.

Thankfully most of my digital purchases have been made with gold coins rather than cold hard cash.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RupeeClock

It looks like Special Reserve Games's next Switch physical is Serious Sam Collection, pre-orders opening in October.
Untitled

In other news 365games website has been down for a few days, and their sister site Shop4Megastore is getting flagged by my browser as a security risk due to an invalid certificate.
What is going on with Xbite Games? I still have a couple of pre-orders outstanding with them.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock I believe I read a report about Xbite being in administration a month or so ago.

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/eastmidlands/news/2061361-all...

RupeeClock

@Magician
That's pretty bad news, I need to check if my pre-orders are lost as they were paid up-front months or years ago.
Stuff like Advance Wars Reboot Camp, or Clive n Wrench.

RupeeClock

Magician

Enclave HD via Limited Run Games on Friday.

And it appears as though China is getting MK8 + DLC on cartridge.
Untitled

RupeeClock

@Magician
As the Booster Course Pass DLC isn't yet complete, I douibt this is going to be a data complete physical release.
At best, it's going to have some of the DLC, and the game card will act as a license to access new content delivered through updates.

RupeeClock

Magician

@RupeeClock

Perhaps.

But I was thinking more along the lines of this pointing towards an entire complete release in Japan late next year or in early 2024.

RupeeClock

@Magician
One can only hope, naturally.

It still bothers me that Nintendo seemingly aren't considering DLC complete physical releases for their flagship games outside of Japan. No word about such a thing for Smash Bros Ultimate, either.
I fear that may not happen due to licensing issues, like Disney only permitted Sora and the Kingdom Hearts content to exist as a digital DLC release, not as a part of a physical bundle.

RupeeClock

Magician

Persona 5 Royal is finally up on AmazonNA.

https://www.amazon.com/Persona-Royal-Steelbook-Launch-Nintend...

Still no Fire Emblem Engage though.

Magician

And our newest Southeast Asia release is Samurai Maiden.

The Japanese version doesn't support English but the SEA version does.

Preorder is up over P-A.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

Plenty more physicals coming from Red Art Games again.
Their newest release is Sophstar, a vertical bullet hell type game, it looks solid.
https://www.redartgames.com/accueil/358-sophstar-nintendo-swi...
@JaxonH I believe you were looking out for these types of games?

It's available to pre-order from Red Art Games, and from Video Games Plus right now.
I just checked, and the discount code SWATCH10 for 10% off still appears to work for Red Art Games. Not sure what its conditions are.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Magician

It has been a while since I've ordered anything from RAG, Nongunz is my most recent order. Now I'm torn between Demon Gaze and Eiyuden Chronicle to pair with an order for Sophstar. Everything else can wait for their 33%-66% sale they do a couple times a year.

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I also have my eye on Metaloid Origin, that one looks fun.
Inked A Tale of Love is also apparently quite good, though a short one and done sort of game.
I'm probably going to order those form Videogamesplus.ca instead, as I'm planning a bundle order from there.

Also, an update on the 365games / Shop4Megastore / Xbite Games / XB Realisations situation.
I was able to talk to support via Shop4Megastore yesterday, and it looks like they haven't closed shop so much as they were relaunching the site during company administration.
I still have a few outstanding pre-orders with 365games, including a long overdue fulfilment of Digimon Survive.
365games if you try to visit it now, shows a "coming soon" message.
I'm keeping an eye on things, but I might avoid placing new orders in the foreseeable future, and possibly pursue a refund on certain orders with uncertain release dates like Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp, and Clive 'n' Wrench.

RupeeClock

JaxonH

@RupeeClock
Oh nice. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on reviews for this one.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

In case anyone missed the original release a couple or few years ago, LRG are offering copies of Oceanhorn again, alongside the new announcement of Oceanhorn 2 physical copies.

Probably a skip for me as NL's review gave it a...."meh".
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

RupeeClock

@Magician
I missed that the fan bundle includes both the first and second game, I just thought it was a collector's edition for the second game at a glance.

I've heard that both games are a bit meh anyway, so I'll be skipping these too. They're not LRG numbered releases either.

RupeeClock

Hamstrman

@Magician they did this rerelease thing with Axiom Verge and now this, but when river city girls 2 came around, nuthin... I wasn't collecting when the first one came out so I went for the beautiful Asia double pack. I still prefer north American releases, but oh well.

Now if someone could rerelease "Liar Princess and the blind prince", I'll be ecstatic. I'm shocked it has no other English language release.

Glad I have you guys to keep me informed of which games exist and which to not get. Thanks.

Hamstrman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic