Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 4,508

Snatcher

@ianl579 That's what I said! Thats why I thought he would get in it just would make soo much sense.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Rexenoboy

Seems like Alex will be an Echo of Steve, with Zombie being an alternate costume for Steve and Enderman will be the alternate costume for Alex.

Treasure Acquired

jump

@Rexenoboy Wait, are you saying they are taking up two spots from the DLC pass and they aren't just different skins of the same fighter?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rexenoboy

Rexenoboy wrote:

Seems like Alex will be an Echo of Steve, with Zombie being an alternate costume for Steve and Enderman will be the alternate costume for Alex.

@jump
Nope, scratch that thought. Only Steve got added to the big banner with all the characters.

Treasure Acquired

PikaPhantom

It's a bit disheartening to see the hate towards this, but they could put anyone in and get flack now. As for me, Minecraft was a major part of my childhood, and I'm so pleasantly surprised that they're adding it and doing it now. I never thought they'd give Minecraft just a Mii costume, but I wasn't sure if they'd actually do it. I'm so, so happy this reveal didn't get leaked at all.

PikaPhantom

Grumblevolcano

Steve's situation is like Hero. With Hero you have the heroes from Dragon Quest 3, 4, 8 and 11 with 1 alternate skin for each meanwhile for Steve you have Steve, Alex, Zombie and Enderman with 1 alternate skin for each.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly even if Steve had no ties to Nintendo whatsoever I still always thought he was pretty likely given how Ultimate positioned itself as a celebration of gaming. I always used to get into arguments with people on Discord about how Steve has enough to pull from for a well thought out moveset in conjunction with Minecraft selling on brand recognition alone kinda like Joker being in Smash

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

RR529

I can understand the inclusion of Minecraft, it's just not personally a series I'm interested in (I know that the art style is probably iconic to the newest generation of gamers, but I just find it to be endlessly dull & lifeless).

At least it's out of the way and we have 4 more characters coming (hoping for Ryu Hayabusa, Sora, Rex with Pyra/Mythra, and maybe Crash? Not a big Crash fan, but either him or Spyro would be welcome to complete the 90's Nintendo, SEGA, Sony rivalry).

I have a feeling Sora was the rumoured character who fell through though. I'd be happy with most other asked for characters like Dante, Geno, Paper Mario, & the like.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

PikaPhantom

I hope the rest of the pass satisfies others, but I'm content with this pick alone (there are a lot of characters I wouldn't mind seeing in, too). I can understand if it doesn't personally appeal to someone, but this is a big reveal and a big deal given Minecraft's status as...only the best selling game of all time. I felt it would happen considering on Switch alone, it's passed a million in Japan

PikaPhantom

Eel

I really wanted a Minecraft themed stage so this is awesome.

Now I actually feel like buying the second pass.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheFrenchiestFry

I need a Steve amiibo

I require it

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry OMG I forgot about the amiibo I NEEEEEEED IIT.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Rexenoboy

Anyone else noticed Nintendo took down Steve's reveal trailer on their YouTube channel?
I wonder why? 🤔

Treasure Acquired

Snatcher

@Rexenoboy I bet youtube thought it was from mojang and it was copyright.

TheFrenchiestFry

Man there's like this one dude in the comments whining about Steve's lack of character

Does he not realize that Marth, Link, Pokemon Trainer, Joker and Hero are all characters in this roster that are purposely flat because they're meant to be self-inserts for the player like Steve? I'm pretty sure Cloud, Lucina and Chrom are like the only JRPG protagonists in this roster with an actually defined personality. Hell, Mario doesn't even have one. It's super barebones and simplistic on purpose given how light on plot those games are
The double standards for these people lmao

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Snatcher

@TheFrenchiestFry Your right in every way, but who is this guy?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic