Forums

Topic: Splatoon 3

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 5,067

GreenTea

@KAIRU I think it depends a lot on the weapon you use, I'm sure stick only can work pretty well with some, but I highly recommend you try it out, I think I prefer using them in handled because you can make subtler movements this way, but I'm not sure🤔

If you try them, definitely turn down the sensitivity, I put it at minimum on every configuration, it's way more stable this way (and don't forget to use Y every so often!)

I can't believe comphet killed Bayo

Switch Friend Code: SW-1492-1491-3432

GreenTea

@KAIRU You're welcome! Yeah, I think motion controls are a great addition to pretty much every game but it needs to be optional if people don't like them or if they're poorly implemented.
And the aerospray has a wide range, so I'm sure you're doing pretty well with it.
Hope it goes well!

Snatcher

@KAIRU Well I have a lite, but I have a stand to out the light on, and I use a controller. However I’d have played splatoon without a controller, and yeah, you can learn it but your gonna have to move so much more of your wrist, and you might have a trouble not seeing the screen, definitely doable, as I did it for a little bit, but I think docked is better, using a controller is easier to move your wrist with.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@KAIRU No problem! Good luck.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Fizza

More returning weapons have been revealed in the Aerospray RG and Slosher Deco!

My personal thoughts? These kits are so f****** weird yet they could be sneakily amazing if all goes according to plan.

Aerospray RG is either going to be very good or very bad and it's existence will most likely be carried on how good Booyah Bomb is at the current time (seriously: WHY THE F*** DID YOU GIVE THIS A SPRINKLER). Seeing as BB is currently one of the best Specials though? I could see it carving out a niche, if a very small one.

Slosher Deco then is perhaps the most bizarre alternate kit we've seen so far: Angle Shooter seems like it'll be purely about support/information rather than benefitting the main weapon due to how much slower a Slosher is compared to a weapon like Splattershot Pro and, while it remains to be seen how good Zipcaster is on it specifically, having it on a Slosher for the very first time is an immensely intriguing proposition.

Overall, I'll probably still keep playing the regular kits of these two over their new variants but I'm convinced someone's gonna find a way to make them busted.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@BenAV @Budda With new weapons & kits coming, do you think we'll need to buy them with the silver tickets at the weapon store? Do you still keep earning silver tickets for weapons after level 30? I'm at level 30 or 31.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

@WoomyNNYes You do continue to get tickets after level 30 of which 30 tickets wouldn't have been enough to unlock all the launch weapons. Likely a case that you get tickets until you reach the max level given you can also get weapons early using 3 tickets if your level is too low to obtain normally.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Deltarogue

@WoomyNNYes Yes, you continue to earn one per every level up after reaching level 30. Keep in mind that you can also get more tickets by getting weapons that you own to one star.

Deltarogue

Maxz

Made it to S+10! I thought it wouldn’t be any different to getting into S+9/8/7/etc. but it seems it’s classified as it’s own special ‘tier’ and thus requires you to rank up in the same way you do when graduating from A, B and C ranks (win three games before you lose three games).

Still not sure exactly how the whole reset thing is going to work, but I assume this way it’ll be possible to try out X battles from December 1st. Bring on the Cool Season!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Snatcher

Dang man I lost 10 matches in ranked today, and then Proceeded to have 15 disconnects afterward, playing late at night is not recommended lol.

WoomyNNYes

I got the Splatoon 3 amiibo cards (from ebay). They look great.

For Splatoon 3's new amiibo, can I get all three pieces of gear in one day,? So far, they only gave me the shoe part of the gear for each of the three new Splatoon 3 amiibo.

EDIT: I saw a reddit page where they said you have to play 10 matches or win 10 matches before you can get the next pieces of gear.

EDIT: EDIT: Well, it's not playing 10 matches. I did that. It was a proper losing streak, too. I only won 1 match, I think. It was painful.

Hazmy's youtube confirms it's 10 match wins to unlock the next piece of gear. So, I'll need 20 wins to unlock the other two pieces of gear. I really don't feel like grinding for it.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Deltarogue

@WoomyNNYes If they were older amiibo from a previous game, say, splatoon 2, then you could scan them in that game and then scan them in 3 and get the set instantly. However, since they aren't, you're going to have to grind 30-40ish matches (maybe more) to get everything.

Deltarogue

yokokazuo

@Maxz congrats!
In S+, you have a rank up battle every 10 ranks, with the final one being S+50.
For the rank decay, you go down by 2 ranks (S to A, A- to B, etc.), but S+ goes down to S while S+10 and higher all go to S+0.

See you in the next season!
Also hit me up if you want to play some Open sometime!

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

The new season is adding more Tableturf cards.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

Burst Bomb Carbon is back.

Torpedo + Wave Breaker on Jr though? THAT'S MY JAM BABY!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

This is an awesome change! Hopefully, it means that we may be able to select battle music ourselves in the future as well.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

KAIRU wrote:

Tried out the motion controls for a few games yesterday evening and can honestly say they're not for me. Maybe they need more getting used to but I'm happy enough not using them.
Also spent ages putting stuff in my locker and covering it in stickers.

It's common if they annoy you at first. They really annoyed me. If you didn't like them because the camera jostles around a lot, you do have to learn to hold your controller steady when walking around. Most people rest their hands/writsts on their thighs to steady it. After that hump, I was ok with them. But if you don't like them, you don't like them. You having fun, is the most important part. (If you play the game a lot, advance to higher skill level, you may feel compelled to give them another try.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Budda

@KAIRU
If you practice enough and get used to it you won't think about it anymore. It gets second nature. It will get the best control you ever use for 1st and 3rd person shooters.(Though it tepends on how well they are implemented. Splatoon's are the best I've played).

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

GreenTea

@KAIRU Hey, I'm glad you tried at least, most people probably wouldn't. Now back to sticks you go, shoo!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic