Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 3,521 to 3,540 of 5,014

Zyrac

I'm Team Cold as well. Not sure if we'll be able to get four people together at a time that works, but it'd be nice.

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Well with Odyssey done soon, I‘ll be available at any point tomorrow. Can‘t wait to play some matches again, haven‘t played in like a week, not even Salmon Run.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

shani

@Tsurii Probably not as I prefer to wake up later.
I'll reach Cold King today anyway, so I probably won't play more Splatfest battles tomorrow.
That said, if you should be one member short tomorrow afternoon, I might fill in.

On a sidenote: I kinda get now why they chose this Splatfest theme. It's a real preference, not something that comes down to logic or reason (like the toilet paper). It ensures that the popularity vote will be a close call, so far I've only battled Team Warm and I'm sure they didn't have to fight their own team either.
For a good Splatfest experience, it's definitely better to have two teams with similar numbers.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Splatfest's are always a great excuse to dip back in to Splatoon 2! ..kinda surprised how much the Aerospray RG seems to have been nerfed - I get why the Baller may have been considered a bit OP, but the Aerospray itself surely didn't need touching (it was pretty weak anyway, now it's next to useless!)

Ah well, it's pushed me to try out something different (quite enjoying the N'ZAP '85 at the moment, might give some Dualies another go soon too!) ..desperate for some Sea Snails, so should be playing quite a lot this weekend! #GoTeamWarm!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Zyrac

To be honest I'm not very likely to be up in the morning on weekends...

This one does seem pretty even. I've had a few cold vs. cold matches, but this is no "please let me fight the other team" Splatfest.

@NaviAndMii The Aerospray does seem to have been hit pretty hard in terms of coverage. I don't think it was really necessary for balance, but I can understand why they did it - the weapon was really common in Turf War, and variety is the spice of life, after all.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

Nalverus

oh thats right, EU has a splatfest doesn't it? explains why i'm seeing more JP.

that feels odd to say that considering S1's japanese centric matchmaking

HUZZAH!

Jhena

Played until cold queen. My teams were great and we won more than we lost. Only one round against my own team. All in all a very enjoyable splatfest. The skatepark stage felt strangely new though ive played it countless times in splatoon. The new twillight level is cool.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Yeah, it must be hard to perfectly balance all of the weapons - all they can do is continue to monitor the data & adjust accordingly...never nice when it's your main weapon that takes the hit though!

Still, like you say, variety is the spice of life - and I've quite enjoyed the switch to the N-ZAP so far It's quite similar to the Aerospray (with a bit more range at power I believe) - and I quite like the special too...I often appreciate someone blessing me with Ink Armor, so it's nice to be the one giving the blessings for a change!

Grumblevolcano

I've been seeing a lot of cases of 1 player disconnecting during the Splatfest so far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

Haven't played in a like a week -> losing streak... Yeah!...

Edit: Complains about it online, losing streak is broken lol!

Also, I'd be available for some matches whenever, just give me the word and I'll be there.

NaviAndMii

@GoldenGamer88 I've been on some pretty epic losing streaks myself this weekend! I did eventually manage to grind my way to Warm King - but took a bit of a pounding along the way! ..all these warm breakfasts must be making me and my fellow squids pretty sluggish on this evidence!

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii Lol, from my experiences not every member of your team is sluggish. I'd say it was pretty much 50:50 win-wise on my part.

Also, not much of a fan of those rotating doors. If they were see through maybe but not like this, too unpredictable and frustrating.

shani

@GoldenGamer88 That's kinda the point with those revolving doors. It's about anticipating who/what might be waiting on the other side (which you often can know beforehand by listening to the sounds, looking at the map or watching the transparent walls) and surprising your opponents. With the right timing, you can even jump around the door without falling off the map (damn, why didn't I catch that on video?!).
That's why I love them so much, they add a layer of unpredictability/creativity (which otherwise can only be found in Rainmaker at best) that's usually missing from other stages in Turf War.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I've been seeing a lot of cases of 1 player disconnecting during the Splatfest so far.

Actually, in terms of disconnects this was the best experience I had so far with Splatoon 2.
There were only two disconnects: Once one of my teammates disconnected 50 seconds before the end but we managed to maintain our lead.
The other one was in my last match, which I played right after becoming Cold King to level up the second subslot of my Splatfest shirt (otherwise I would've stopped). One teammate disconnected and shortly afterwards a second one left the game (I assume). But I didn't really care since I was only playing that match for the missing 200 subslot points.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Zyrac

What's also cool about this Shifty Station layout is that the concept of holding the centre is completely nonexistant. You have to make pushes and take hold of enemy territory.

I think if you're good enough, you can actually expect to see fewer disconnects in a Splatfest than in normal Turf Wars, because higher power means being matched up with better players, and better players tend to have better connections (otherwise they likely wouldn't have played enough to get good). Connecting to the server between matches is occasionally problematic due to the traffic, though.

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

Zyrac wrote:

I think if you're good enough, you can actually expect to see fewer disconnects in a Splatfest than in normal Turf Wars, because higher power means being matched up with better players, and better players tend to have better connections (otherwise they likely wouldn't have played enough to get good).

Huh, that makes sense!
Yeah the lack of a 'centre' was also quite refreshing, I'd really like to see that concept more often (maybe in a new stage?). Anyway, the walls and revolving doors were something new and unique, so it would be great to have a regular map that features these elements.

Edited on by shani

GoldenGamer88

Well, there goes my Splatfest winning streak of 2 wins. But I don‘t care, the difference in Snails is only 3 anyway so we‘re all winners (that‘s what all losers say, I guess lol). Also, the winning streak of Pearl continues. Remind me to take Pearl‘s side no matter the theme next month. Coming directly from Odyssey, what‘s bothering me is that my Inkling won‘t dance to the music in the plaza alongside all the other Inklings. I mean, even Mario can dance somewhat in Odyssey so it‘d be a neat detail to be included in a future update for Splatoon 2.

@shani That‘s fair. It just didn‘t come up enough in my playtime to get used, let alone comfortable, with the mechanic. Well, that and I‘m not really a careful Inkling who listens to sound clues. Didn‘t notice the middle wall was actually see through either until a few matches before Cold Queen either. But what can I say, I was more focused on pushing and inking turf than looking out for those 'little' details lol.

Skid

Looks like we are getting an inkbrush variant. It has ink mines and baller I believe.

Edited on by Skid

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic