Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 4,147

SwitchForce

Looks like something is happening as GS is giving out a poster for Zelda Skyward and that most likely means something for a New Switch release is going to show up.

SwitchForce

SwitchForce

rallydefault wrote:

@Slowdive
It is weird, but in this world of preordering and reserving everything months before it's ever real, Gamestop doing something like this really wouldn't surprise me.

If PreOrder Switch Super I put money down for PreOrdering a one.

SwitchForce

Mr-Fuggles777

Will that fit into the Xbox Fridge?

Edit: Is this the Xbox/Switch partnership that's been hinted at?

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

HotGoomba

@Mr-Fuggles777 Yeah, just remove the Coke Cons from the console.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

CANOEberry

Mr-Fuggles777 wrote:

Will that fit into the Xbox Fridge? ... Is this the Xbox/Switch partnership that's been hinted at?

I'm beginning to see the benefits of trolling, you scoundrel.

CANOEberry

GrailUK

Y'know...Nintendo could still reveal the Pro before E3...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

BruceCM

Yeah, they never said which year, did they, @GrailUK ....? Much better chance if we change it to before E3 next time!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GrailUK

@BruceCM O.< (This thread will never die...just take 5 days off in the year because that would be 'at' hee hee.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

HotGoomba

@Eel I honestly think it's time for this thread to die honestly.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

BruceCM

Eel wrote:

Well, one half of the thread's title came true.

Yeah, so it's likely there will be something for the Switch 'Pro' sooner or later, too ..... When people can move on to speculate about the next upgrade & Switch successor, so it's not really like it'll make any difference, lols

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

SwitchForce

Eel wrote:

Well, it will once people stop posting here.

I see no reason to forcibly close it.

When that comes then it comes. It only stops when the Super Nintendo Switch or it's name comes out then we can see where this goes. But rumors are rumors that's how it goes.

SwitchForce

sixrings

So part of the reason the switch pro became a rumour was that because third parties wanted to show their games at e3 which would have pro enhancements. Can someone please point me to the games which would have used pro enhancements? Strange brigade? Creed? Monkey ball?

And if there wasn’t any games does that give sufficient proof that there likely was never going to be a switch pro showing nor will there be any time soon?

And if you dedicate $100 to the Nate the Hate podcast is it possible to ask for a refund?

Edited on by sixrings

sixrings

ThanosReXXX

Wow, there's some REALLY smart commenters underneath that NintendoEverything article. At least they know and understand the what's what of Nintendo's statements, instead of trying to mangle them into something that they aren't.

Nintendo/Doug Bowser:

“We are always looking at technology and how technology can enhance gameplay experiences. It’s not technology for technology’s sake. It’s how specifically can technology enhance a gameplay experience. And then where do you apply that technology? Do you want to apply it on current existing hardware or platforms, or do you want to wait for the next platform? And then what’s the right gameplay experience with that? There’s a host of factors that goes into it, and it’s something we’re always looking at.”

And

“when it comes to Switch, the console is redefining what a console life cycle can look like, and the vibrancy of that overall life cycle with a strong cadence of content.”

The tinfoil brigade:

See? DO YOU SEE? I friggin' told you so! Nintendo said it themselves, new hardware is coming, so that MUST be the Switch Pro, and they also said it's coming soon... somewhere between the lines... I'm so happy!

Meanwhile, back in real life, people that simply accept these statements for what they are, understand that this is basic Nintendo rhetoric, and something they usually say, almost every generation, when game journalists ask them what their plans for the future are. Miyamoto has said similar things, Iwata has said similar things and Reggie Fils-Aime has also said more or less the same when he was president, so nothing new under the sun, basically.

But yeah, as one of the smart commenters underneath that article said:

"A shame that statements like this won't stop the daily torrential floods of awful rumor articles."

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NinChocolate

Holding to my prediction of June 25 for Switch upgrade announcement.

NinChocolate

Zeldafan79

Switch pro? I'd buy that for a dollar! Nothing but frustrated fanboys who can't stand that Nintendo has been at the bottom of gamings food chain since N64. They think doing what sony does is the only way they'll succeed so obviously lets make up stories about a switch pro and get everybody frothing at the mouth for Nintendos big uber console comeback!

Sad how many people fell for it. Now we wait for the switch true successor and no it wont be called switch pro. Probably still wont even be up to PS4 standards. I bet they don't even use the switch name. We all know what happened the last time they used the same name. Everyone thought it was an add on for wii.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

ThanosReXXX

@Zeldafan79 Ever since the N64? No, my friend, that's not quite right. The GameCube was actually considerably more powerful than the PS2, and almost as powerful as the original Xbox, and it was even superior to that in some ways. To be specific, in terms of certain kinds of graphics processing, such as transparencies and so on.

The only, and might I add, typically Nintendo thing they subsequently did, is to instantly gimp it, out of their almost insane fear for piracy, by coming up with these weird mini DVDs, which were also more expensive to produce. Companies/developers/publishers didn't like that, and so slowly but surely, third party support began to crumble and fade into something awfully close to nothingness.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic