Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 4,146

Haruki_NLI

Saying a game looks too good to run on Switch is something we have done before.

Remember Monster Hunter Rise? Turns out if a game targets just the Switch, you get a good resolution.

Heck Mario + Rabbids the first time was a 900p game. With improvements to Snowdrop over the past 4 years and more understanding of the hardware than a game that released 5 months after the hardware would have, I can see them pushing what can be done.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Anti-Matter

@GrailUK
Maybe from the chip inside, the backward compatibility, the machine design, materials used, functionality, important features, etc.
I would like to see the Switch successor have better game box cover design and color scheme as Switch has the worst game cover design compared with Wii / Wii U / 3DS great have better cover design (That red spine, generic fonts, Switch logo on top left, box size ratio were killing me). It should have at least like PS VITA game cover design.

Anti-Matter

JoyBoy

Wasn't that Rabbids footage pre-alpha? I don't think we can speculate too much based on that.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GrailUK

@Anti-Matter A shelf full of red spines is the single worst thing about the Switch. Why can't we have different cases (like the PAL SNES games). Shelves used to look awesome!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Zeldafan79

Oh come on if the witcher 3 can look as good as it does on switch why are we debating if the new mario rabbids looks like it's running on newer hardware? It certainly looks nice but so did the original or did everybody forget because they want switch pro or whatever to be real so bad.

Sequels can still look better than the original even on the same hardware. DKC 2 for example.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

GrailUK

@skywake Marketing and an abstract restriction imposed by SONY about games having to work on the Pro and the 4. (I guess some folk struggle with abstract concepts lol)

skywake

@GrailUK
Well yeah, that also. At least Microsoft appears to be somewhat better at opening up/maintaining the platform across "generations". At least it appears that way to me as an outside observer to both platforms. I think people are just so used to the console revision model that it's hard to shake it out of their minds.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

GrailUK

@Slowdive Taken as read in the queen's English, that indeed is a Switch Pro (whatever that may be.) But, it's just a retail store, so whoever wrote it probably just means brand new consoles lol.

Anti-Matter

@Slowdive
PS5 machine for $350 ??
Here in Indonesia, the price of PS5 machine is around Rp 11,000,000 or US$ 733.34 !

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

@Haruki_NLI @GrailUK
Ah, thank you, gentlemen. Good to know.

I myself am now on a quest for a PS5 after the rave reviews of Ratchet and Clank. Looks pretty sweet.

rallydefault

GrailUK

@rallydefault Happy hunting

Grumblevolcano

@UndoControl @Slowdive I don't know how things are with preorders in the US but in the UK for preorders in physical stores you only pay a small proportion of the final cost and the rest is paid on launch date so like £20 to preorder a Switch back in 2017 and then you pay the rest on launch day so trading in a Switch to preorder a New Switch wouldn't make sense if the way preorders work in the US is the same as you could get the extra trade in credit, cancel the preorder and spend the extra credit on something else.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Slowdive But if the system isn't released yet, you would essentially be trading in towards a preorder.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@Slowdive
XBOX Series X/S also same expensive as PS5 in Indonesia. 😕

Anti-Matter

skywake

I swear if Nintendo calls it the New Nintendo Switch....

Actually, I guess it's just very slightly better than Switch Pro

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Mr-Fuggles777

@Slowdive the offer is only valid until the 19th June, you are reading way too much into this.

I read it that if you trade in one of the listed consoles you get an extra $50 credit towards a "new" console (not pre-owned)

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Mr-Fuggles777

@Slowdive you would Trade your Switch for an Xbox or one of the other consoles for a Switch. Game have been offering a similar deal when you trade in towards a Series S for example.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

rallydefault

@Slowdive
It is weird, but in this world of preordering and reserving everything months before it's ever real, Gamestop doing something like this really wouldn't surprise me.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic