Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Rumor and Speculation Thread

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 4,146

TSR3

I'd think if there ever was a time to find out if there was an audience for F-Zero, it would be now with 120 mil Switches sold and interest still high

TSR3

BananaCookie

So um, what if Microsoft agreed to a Killer Instinct remaster for Switch?

BananaCookie

FragRed

@BananaCookie Microsoft hasn’t even bothered with the one they launched during the Xbox One generation.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

gcunit

The anti-grav futuristic racer is not particularly my cup of tea, but I prefer F-Zero to Fast RMX considerably.

Fast RMX, from what little I've played on it, leans too heavily on its speed and flip-flopping gimmicks. I didn't like it when they started putting multiple obstacles on the track. Feels less like racing and too much about remembering all the upcoming obstacles.

What I used to like about F-Zero was all the contact with the other ships and managing the risk /reward of boosting against the damage sustained from the contact.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GrailUK

I would say F-Zero had a stronger sense of rivalry. Working you way through 40 other racers was pretty epic. Especially at such blistering speed which the tracks were designed around.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

Don’t worry, when it comes out everything these people say is wrong, we can rest in the comfort that absolutely both will happen to their credibility and they can continue to sprout utter crap for months and years to come.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@Colonel_Mustache @TheBigBlue @FragRed The most I could see happen with TotK next week is the following but TotK:

If TotK is getting a limited edition OLED, time is running out to announce it. The previous limited edition OLED timings were:

• Scarlet/Violet OLED - Announce September 7th, release November 4th
  • Splatoon 3 OLED - Announce July 6th, release August 26th

The fact they didn't use PAX East for TotK (other than photo opportunities with a Link statue) makes it seem like they don't want to reveal more info about TotK until after the Mario Movie at the earliest.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

Nintendo: Hmm so everyone is saying we should and will do x. Soooo let’s do y.

That’s how it goes with Nintendo.

SwitchForce

As this point nothing more is talked from Nintendo about the TOTK console images. They can announce but not release but since it's been quiet on even the TOTK game trailer or about the release date not much hope that even that might get a TBD date.

SwitchForce

Anti-Matter

I would like to see Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival DELUXE from the next Direct.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Slowdive Ooh, cheers for posting that.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bunkerneath

@TheBigBlue Completely agree, but with the rumour of the OLED being announced during it, I might have to watch the last few minutes, HOPEFULLY it will be shown then.

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

FawfulsFury

According to an article I read a new Luigi’s mansion is in development

FawfulsFury

Bolt_Strike

@FawfulsFury I can buy that. LM3 was super successful so they have to be thinking about LM4, and I don't think they waited too long to start on it. At this point I think LM4 is probably going to be a next gen title releasing in a year or two.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FragRed

@Bolt_Strike I definitely think Next Level got to work on ideas for the next Luigi’s Mansion game. I’m sure as specs for the next system was made available it would have also given them a lot more of an idea as to what they can do to make the game bigger and better than the third.

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I don't see that timing happening given Mario Strikers released less than a year ago. 2026/2027 feels more likely.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

@Grumblevolcano NLG has probably expanded in the time Nintendo bought them, and I don't think they would release Battle League in that time if that was all they could release in the next 4 or 5 years. I think a B team was working on Battle League while the A team was coming up with ideas for LM4.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

skywake

The TotK detail trailer is good in that it hopefully gives the people who were starting to talk crap about it some pause. I forget which thread it was where there was that "discussion" where certain people were trying to argue the lack of detail was "proof" that the game wasn't in a good state....

It's also a good thing in that putting it all out there now, while it'll generate coverage now, will stop any "leaks" about it gaining traction. Can't push your BS theories when Nintendo has put it all out there. Well, you can.... but people won't watch it

With that said, no way I'm watching that trailer. I've pre-ordered the game already. Something I rarely do. I don't need to be sold on it. Extra info now is basically just degrading the experience. No thanks

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

FishyS

@TheBigBlue To be fair the new game did originate (as stated) as a collection of DLC ideas which were eventually expanded on. Being fairly similar to BotW graphically and mechanically makes it neither good or bad but for people who want a fundamentally different variation of Zelda game (as happens with most new Zelda games), this probably isn't it. I think that is a question some people have been having and the trailer partially answered that question. For example some people were hoping Zelda herself would be the main character and that doesn't seem to be the case unless Nintendo is being impressively sneaky (if they are, I'm impressed).

Sonic Frontiers is maybe a bad comparison since it had very mixed reviews even after it came out. I'm hoping /mostly expecting TotK will be great for the people who don't mind it being similar to BotW and the ones who do mind will acknowledge it is a good game but not necessarily play it themselves (I will likely be in that second category based on what I've seen so far, although I'm opened to being pleasantly surprised).

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic