Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 121 to 140 of 742

OorWullie

What I was wondering is if you can play against friends who are on Xbox? I'm not sure if that's possible, from what I saw of it last night I'm thinking the cross play might just be for random matches?I was looking forward to playing him too but that's probably expecting a bit much from it the more I think about it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JoyBoy

So I just bought this game and it’s very fun! I played it with my brother splitscreen. Sometimes with the dynamic resolution you really notice the low resolution. But it doesn’t really bother me.

Anyway, glad to have another gem on this great system.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Alber-san

@Nintendoforlife
Nice! Thanks!

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

gcunit

So far I've played exclusively handheld, and the only time I notice the resolution is before a game begins and you're sat in the arena waiting. Once the game starts and the ball's moving, the action is too hot for any resolution nitpicking.

It's an essential Switch must-have in my eyes. Not seen any matchmaking issues, just boot up the game and within about 30 seconds you're playing in an online match for glory.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JoyBoy

Just played the tutorial and the game already seems to have a lot depth. Kind of like Smash, it’s a very Nintendo like game where the actions are deliberately simplified but well designd and gives you a lot of freedom and creativity on how you play the game.

@gcunit The games looks great, it’s only in splitscreen where it’s more noticeable.

Definitely a high recommendation from me.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

Joeynator3000

So when are we doing NL events with this game? lol
I tried tweeting the devs asking if they'll add a banner for our site....no response. (go figure)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nintendoforlife

OorWullie wrote:

What I was wondering is if you can play against friends who are on Xbox? I'm not sure if that's possible, from what I saw of it last night I'm thinking the cross play might just be for random matches?I was looking forward to playing him too but that's probably expecting a bit much from it the more I think about it.

Crossplay is either through random matches or private matches.

Nintendoforlife

OorWullie

Yep, an NL Rocket League tournament would be great. My times limited just now though until I'm back in Thailand so I probably can't commit to a date. I'll be up for some random matches sometimes though.
@Nintendoforlife Cheers, that's not too bad then.I can just play 1v1 with him.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Joeynator3000

So I somehow scored an awesome point at the very start of a countdown. No idea how, lol.
I saved the replay, so I may just record it later. (that was the only time I scored, though...lol)
EDIT: Screw it, uploading another replay instead, where I get two points and we actually win. (mainly because of an AFK player, lol)

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JoyBoy

Is nl:Alex our famous Alex?

SW-7849-9887-2074

RagManX

Bought this about 10 minutes after release last night. It took so long to download that once I could run it I only had the energy for the tutorial before I was ready for bed. Worked today, but played it on a break. While I'm really stunningly bad at the game, I do enjoy it, and will continue to play online. Apologies in advance to all my teammates I let down with my poor play skills. I'll try to get better.

RagManX

blockfight

Plays great. Been awhile since I played this on the Xbox so I'm a bit rusty but it's just as fun and addictive to play as i remember.
Love it.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Ownagedood

Only complaint i have so far is the matchmaking putting me and 2 other rookies against 2 legends lol. Problem with cross network play. Love it though. Hard to see ball when its at the other end of field on handheld but overall it's great.

Ownagedood

Jaredfrogman

Anyone want to team up? US East Platinum 2 on ps4 , but I’m struggling to get used to switch controls. Frog SW-5589-5197-9195

Jaredfrogman

gcunit

Played this avo and I seemed half decent. Played tonight and I was woefully out of my depth. Lost one game 11-0.

But even when you're the worst player on the pitch, you can still be the hero. My team was losing 4-1, and we managed to take it to overtime at 5-5 with me getting the final equaliser and making an 'epic save' (best not mention how I nearly reversed the ball in my own net in the last second). Then who should pop up to smash home the golden goal in overtime....? A standout moment in an otherwise embarrassing session.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

OorWullie

@gcunit If you were wondering who this random Mr Mustard chap sending you a request was, that would be me. I was SGT Pepper until yesterday. Cheers for accepting

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

metal134

I was looking at the leaderboard under the “Switch Only” tab. How in the monkey balls do some of the people have nearly 250 goals when the game has been out for less than 20 hours?

metal134

Spoony_Tech

@metal134 You'd be surprised how the youth play games these days. They will sleep up till it launches then play non stop till they go to bed again that night. Plus they could've picked up the Japanese version like GameXplain did and have been playing it for well over 24 hours.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nintendoforlife

@Spoony_Tech There's that and also the fact people are switching over from other versions to feast on us noobs.

Nintendoforlife

JaxonH

Oh my gosh, what a great game. I can't believe I'm playing Rocket League on a friggin handheld!

It looks sooo good!

(And btw, L.A. Noire too... talk about the best port I've seen on Switch to date)

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic