Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,232

HobbitGamer

I’ve spent half the day playing Super Metroid. Send help.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Oi, maybe tomorrow. I just stopped playin Metroid. Probably play some Kirby or Tetris. Or just Picross at this point. I’ve been in Meridia with all those jumps and grapples; got the claw hands now 😂

@DarthNocturnal Nah, just robot fingers.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer eh it's cool. Actually working on a resume right now anyway. It's been 2 days since I've played some chain so i should probably hop on that when im done with this.

NintendoByNature

Magician

Couple of hours into BoF. I've got mixed feelings about the oldschool game design. Firstly, items are important. In most modern rpg games you can skate past most gear checks by power leveling, not here. Action points are limited, so you'll be using herbs often to outlast bosses.

Secondly, dat encounter rate doh, son. My lord is the encounter rate high, like Lufia II or Skies of Arcadia, annoyingly high. Every five tiles on average. And your overall movement is slow as molasses, whether you're in town or in the field.

Thirdly, those pen'n'paper trappings. So I get my third party member. I'm told to fetch some cleansing water to rid ze town of zombies. Only I can't reach the cave southwest of Romero. (Romero...zombie infestation? Nice nod, Capcom.)

Turns out that I need to make my newest party member the party leader. That way I can traverse ze woods unabated. Which I would have known if I had an instruction manual, Nintendo. I would've quit if there weren't guides online.

Didn't all the Wii U and 3DS VC games have digital manuals at the very least?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JoeDiddley

It’s a bitter irony that SNES games finally come when the schedule is so packed there is no time for me to play them!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

DannyBoi

So Nintendo plans to no longer release nes and snes games monthly? So we won't get many games from now on then...

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Magician

DannyBoi wrote:

So Nintendo plans to no longer release nes and snes games monthly? So we won't get many games from now on then...

Yup, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo added fewer than ten SNES games to NSO over the next year. Publishers would rather bundle their classic games into collections or sell them piecemeal on the eShop rather than serve them up to NSO.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

In all fairness....While it does stink they may not release them every month, they came out with a bang with the titles they launched with. There's easily a 100 hours of content on the low end. While everyone may not like every game at launch, there's a big enough variety for people to find at least a few great ones they'll enjoy. But yea i get it, it does blow if they don't release any new ones til December or something

NintendoByNature

DannyBoi

I want to ask this. I think games on a pc or laptop feel lifeless compared to a console(due to the fact that pc and laptop feel characterless) Who here has any similar feelings? I did post this somewhere else but didn't get many opinions.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

I'd guess the SNES games that get added will be:

• Breath of Fire II
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Earthbound
  • Pop'n Twinbee
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Star Fox 2
  • Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem (Japan exclusive)
  • Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War (Japan exclusive)
  • Fire Emblem Thracia 776 (Japan exclusive)

3rd parties have collections on the Switch for Mega Man X series, Castlevania series, fighting games, Contra, etc. so no reason for the 3rd parties to put those games on NSO.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sunsy

@DannyBoi Sorry I don't share similar feelings as I love playing games on both my PC and Nintendo consoles. I don't know what this has to do with the Switch Online service, unless it's online multiplayer. Online multiplayer is just better on PC.

No monthly or annual fees to play online multiplayer on PC outside of a few MMOs, and there's more to play online. You could even play older games online, whereas consoles end their services.

Honestly, to stick to the topic, paying to play games I already paid for online is really the only thing I don't like about the service. That's probably it, keep in mind I like both Nintendo and PC gaming.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Magician

Oooof, that Gremlin boss in BoF is the toughest boss encounter I've ever seen in video games.

Murderously, brutally difficult.

rallydefault

@Magician
I'm pretty jaded when it comes to hearing announcements like that, but I actually I think they'll still add a hefty amount of games this year. I'm gonna say at least a dozen, which I know is not two dozen, but realistically I can't keep up with 24 new SNES games in a year lol. Check this space in September 2020 lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

ScottNintendo

SNES games great but I'm going to say what everyone else has probably already said and still wants GIVE US PARTY CHAT, GAME INVITES AND INSTANT MESSAGING NINTENDO!!!

SN

skywake

NintendoByNature wrote:

In all fairness....While it does stink they may not release them every month, they came out with a bang with the titles they launched with. There's easily a 100 hours of content on the low end.

Yeah, I don't get what's to complain about here. It's $30AU/yr for this, I'm paying $60AU/yr for a family sub shared across three people but lets just say it's $30AU/yr. Even if I don't care about the NES titles and even if they stopped here? Assuming the Switch goes for 6 years that's ~$9AU each for these 20 titles. About the same as what they used to charge for SNES titles on the VC.

And you might say maybe I'm not that into all of these games. But even so I consider this fact, across the Wii U/3DS/Wii I've brought over 20 VC titles in total, most of them SNES, N64 and GBC titles. Easily $200AU spent here. That's equivalent to about 7 years of NSO spent on VC between 2007 and 2017. So just taking that into account NSO is more expensive.

Except for the fact that:

• Tetris Online I would have happily paid for if it wasn't included
  • I've already saved ~$10AU from vouchers compared to discounted physical prices
  • There are games on here I wouldn't have brought/tried
  • Ontop of the VC I also I paid $130AU for the SNES Mini before NSO

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

Oh yeah, Super Punch Out is probably also likely because of SNES Mini. DKC trilogy I don't think will appear, either in a good way (e.g. Rare Replay Nintendo Edition) or a bad way (DKC trilogy was delisted on Wii VC between 2012 and 2015 so putting them on NSO could be considered a risk).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ScottNintendo

Earthbound / Mother I have never played and seriously really should, at some point. (Been on my to do list for centuries lol)

Edited on by ScottNintendo

SN

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic