Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,747

KirbyTheVampire

@Buizel @Silly_G Okay, thanks! I was just curious, since if it does turn out to be a 2019 game, it could mean that the chances of something like Animal Crossing or Pikmin being announced at E3 are higher.

KirbyTheVampire

MarcelRguez

More time in the oven won't help this game, presentation-wise.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

It could very well go either way, but I'm more inclined to think that Nintendo will want to rush Pokémon out to market to ensure an install base of 30-40 million by the end of the next financial year.

@MarcelRguez : We have no idea what the game even looks like yet. :/

It would be extremely disappointing though if it looked like a HD version of the 3DS games.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

MarcelRguez

@Silly_G If the leaks are true, I mean. Even if they aren't, I'm not expecting GF to take full advantage of the hardware.

MarcelRguez

Sisilly_G

@MarcelRguez : Definitely not. I absolutely don't believe that Game Freak will take full advantage of the Switch's hardware (would love to be proven wrong though). Look at just how sluggish Diamond/Pearl were on the original DS, and they were just barely a notch above the GBA games from a technical point of view (I would also attribute the torturous sluggishness of the battles to Game Freak wanting to artificially extent the duration of the game). Black/White improved things quite substantially, but it's disappointing that the Gen IV games performed as badly as they did when the humble DS was capable of so much better.

Gen VII on 3DS was also a substantial improvement over Gen VI, however, there were some things that didn't make the cut, such as (the occasional) stereoscopic 3D effect, 3 on 3 battles and hoard encounters, which feel like a step backward for the series as they were obviously cut because Game Freak couldn't accommodate 6 Pokémon on-screen PLUS having the trainers onscreen (they should have just waded them out for the purposes of 3 on 3 and hoard battles, but that's spilt milk now).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Octane

@Silly_G @KirbyTheVampire @MarcelRguez Keep in mind that, assuming it's a Yellow remake, they don't have to deal with designing new Pokemon, new moves, new areas, etc. Sun and Moon were revealed in May IIRC (teased a few months before) and released later in the year. So a remake, or reboot, or whatever it is, could still be revealed and released in 2018.

Octane

MarcelRguez

@Octane I don't believe it will be a 1:1 remake (come on, FR/LG already exist). Remaking what's essentially the same games yet again is pushing it. At the very least, the region has to be significantly different.

That said, I can't see any reason why it'd slip to 2019.

MarcelRguez

Octane

@MarcelRguez That's what I was getting at. Either way, whether it's a remake or reboot, it's a lot less work then a completely new region. A 2018 release is still very possible.

Octane

Sisilly_G

The Go! Pikachu/Eevee games sound more like child-oriented mobile games than AAA console débuts for the Pokémon franchise. Unless they shake things up or make Kanto look jaw-dropping, I really don't want to revisit Kanto. By all accounts, it's a pretty bland region. I know it's overkill, but I would love a more fleshed out and open world Johto.

Tyranexx

KaiserGX wrote:

I found some leaked sprites.

Untitled
Untitled

So did I!
Untitled

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

KaiserGX

Make fun of me but wait until you see the actual 3D models. Porychu is one of the new Pikachu types. People mocked me when I said Donkey Kong was in Punch-Out. Though then they got mad when they found out I was right...

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Sisilly_G

@Tyranexx : Your joke would have worked better if the Sprites were actually leaking.

You could have drawn some crude puddles with MS Paint.

Tyranexx

@Silly_G: So I realized. But unfortunately, the internet didn't yield the best results at the time, and I was in a hurry.

@KaiserGX: Much better!

(Yes, the wink emoji is probably overused, but it's a fun one!)

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sisilly_G

@KaiserGX @Tyranexx : The joke is hereby complete. All is good in the world.

cowboynation22

I couldn't agree more we need Pokemon RPG instead !!!

cowboynation22

GrailUK

Well, I don't think I'm getting my dream of a huge open world mmo with 2 versions - Team good guys and Team bad guys where the bad guy's quests disrupt the world and the good guy's quests put it right with plenty of player driven pvp and tournaments. Heck, the persistent world could mimic community events like Pokémon Go! Pokémon could be a World of Warcraft beater and there aren't many games that I would make that call with.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic