Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,912

Octane

Another thing I hope they improve over SWSH is the draw distance. I don't have to be able to spot a Caterpie from miles away, but it would be greatly appreciated if Pokemon, especially large Pokemon like Steelix, don't just suddenly pop into existence at a stone's throw away.

Octane

Late

@Octane I agree, controlling both at the same time would be too complex. I guess what I had in mind is to control the trainer with the stick while giving commands to the Pokémon. Follow my lead, dodge, approach the enemy, etc. Basically expand from just attacks to other commands trainers give their Pokémon in other media. It's definitely something they're not doing here but it would be cool.

I think they showed the move selection during the presentation at some point. I want to say the moves had PP too.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Octane

@Late I guess I've missed it then!

That approach works for the anime, but dodge/move would effectively render moves like Protect kinda useless, so they'd have to rebalance everything to take that into account. I mean, it would be neat in theory, but I can't picture it working in a Pokémon game.

Octane

VoidofLight

One thing I can think of is.. maybe the trailer is an old build? I know gamefreak and other studios often use old builds for trailers when they want to hide features. They did for sword and shield when they didn’t want to reveal pokemon popping up in the overworld, or new pokemon.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

Once there's two pokemon out, it probably works more or less like a regular battle (for the pokemon, in terms of them locking in into each other and taking/giving hits). You can probably move around yourself to avoid getting hit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Jackpaza0508

This announcement was so cool because me and my friend got on a call before the show and were talking about what an open world pokemon game would be like! The game looks great but the pokemon in the background run at like 4fps lol

He/Him

VoidofLight

@Jackpaza0508 I feel like the framerate issues will probably be fixed before launch.

Jackpaza0508

@VoidofLight I mean, obviously. The game's still a year away! It just felt really noticeable.

He/Him

VoidofLight

@DarthNocturnal Not to mention again, that they could really just be showing us old builds of the game, as to not reveal things that they aren't ready to reveal yet. All we can really do is wait and see honestly. I really hope for the best, since I desperately want this game to be good.

Bolt_Strike

I still can't believe this game is real. I would've never, ever expected Game Freak to make a game like this, something this ambitious. Yes, there's some frame rate issues, and I definitely hope they're ironed out by release. But can we take a moment to just be impressed that they're making an open world Sinnoh prequel? Did anyone see that one coming? My hype is at 11 right now just for that.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket The thing with Sword and Shield, is that the trailer showed it the year of release, not a year before.

link3710

@DarthNocturnal The issue in that case was that the stage from the demo had the worst framerate in the game save maaaaybe Hateno. So it was just a bad pick of locations to show off as a first impression.

link3710

-Green-

I think this is just a natural evolution of what was done in SwSh and especially in the DLCs. I'm gonna keep a bit reserved in expectations for now as Open World games are notoriously difficult to get done right and while GF are respectable developers, they are also known to work under strict schedules that commonly limits them greatly. We'll see how it goes.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

VoidofLight

@-Green- Agreed. There's a 50/50 chance on them getting this right honestly..

Tyranexx

I loved what we saw of this game in the Pokemon Presents yesterday. Sure, it looks a bit rough around the edges, but it won't be releasing until at least early next year. Plenty of time to clean up the framerate and visuals.

I'm definitely on board with the premise and what we've seen so far of the gameplay. And it has two of the best (IMO) starter Pokemon available! Rowlet and Cyndaquil.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

@Tyranexx My only problem is that we rarely see games change drastically in a year's time. And generally they only get downgraded. If you take in account the time when the game has to go gold, bug fixing, QA testing, there's isn't a whole lot of time left. I guess around six months, by then they should have the final version pretty much done as it is, if they want to make the early 2022 deadline at least.

I have no problem if they delay this for a good while if it means a better game. But knowing the tight schedule Pokemon is on, I don't really think there's a chance. Maybe they'll release it as their big 2022 holiday game, but I can't see them delaying it much further than that.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Well a load of Switch games nowadays have rather rough performance. Fire Emblem Three Houses, Link's Awakening, Sword/Shield, Age of Calamity, Bowser's Fury (3D World runs well as you'd expect from a Wii U port but Bowser's Fury is rough), Bravely Default II, etc.

I'd imagine even MH Rise when you start getting to harder quests will have significant frame drops at points.

I'd guess Pokemon Legends Arceus is rough on the base Switch but runs a lot better on the new Switch revision.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano It would be a shame if they can't get it running well on the base Switch though.

Octane

-Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

Links Awakening has noticeable and consistent frame drops every time the game loads a new area, and whenever you decide to visit Goponga Swamp.

It's far easier to notice in the swamp, if you're curious. There, the performance stays downs until you leave.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic