Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,072

Eel

I'd assume online functions would be patched in/enabled after release, requiring online subscriptions and stuff.

Wouldn't expect them to just let people use the online functions before release, after all.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gravitron

@jump nice work. Still waiting on that Gravitron game

I'm gonna take the same approach I always take with games. Wait and see...Something about carts and horses or the something about Zero-ones and Ponytas in this case

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Seacliff

I'm just waiting for a data minder to finally take out the models and finally confirmed if they are actually new or not.

I mean, I fully doubt they are actually new, but it's nice to finally have a source.

Seacliff

link3710

Okay fair, so we might get online features beyond just randomly running into people in the Wild Area... which is apparently already implemented. I'm probably going to cancel my preorder at this point, wait and see what happens post-launch.

EDIT: Yup, just talked to my friends, and we were planning on playing through together but with the current state of the games we're going to all be canceling our orders.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Lucarianzx

I've seen so many complaints about Sword and Shield from people who have early copies about the game and honestly I hope a lot of it is fixed in a day one patch. Like the bugs. The rest of the game though I really hope is good because I already got it off of the eshop because I'm a diehard fan.

Edited on by Lucarianzx

I don't like Monster Hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w? (My safe place)
I'm probably listening to green day right now.

Aurumonado

I don't want to be part of the problem so I'm cancelling my preorder. Vote with your wallets people.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

Gravitron

@jump Its hard to put an hour mark on Pokemon games because for older pokemon fans the real game is the postgame. And for younger fans they will take longer to progress through the game. I got months of playtime in pretty much every Pokemon game I've played.(I was dormant thru gen 4 and 5 and someone stole my copy of Ruby before I finished it) can't imagine just finishing the story and being done.

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Eel

My first playthrough in every new Pokémon generation is usually like four times the length of a regular playthrough.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gravitron

@Eel same. I try to talk to every NPC and I never use guides.

Gravitron

jump

That Wailord battle and box Legendary awkward movement vid/pics that are making the rounds is really damming Game Freaks' case of them having better animations. People reckon the embargo is still up as there's lots of bugs and poor animations like these so they are trying to keep it on the downlow for as long as possible.

When will we be able to post things without the spoiler tags? I'm assuming on Friday is ok as long as it's not story/end game stuff.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sisilly_G

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Talk to every NPC, open every door, catch any new mon on a new route, check for items in side areas... yeah, I try to leave as few stones unturned as I can.

I'm the same. I also sometimes spam A around areas where hidden items are likely to be located.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

Octane wrote:

@jump Could you link the Wailord one? I don't want to google it, cause of spoilers.

The pop-up looks terrible...

https://i.imgur.com/uPpPzBt.mp4

I could buy the Poke popping up as a surprise attack or something but the trees are horrible.

I couldn't find the one I saw which actually made it look worse but here's another. Keep in mind it's meant to be a MASSIVE Pokémon.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@jump Oh god, why is it that small? I hope it's just a bug...

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

jump Oh god, why is it that small? I hope it's just a bug...

Erm… maybe it's a normal sized Wailord but the trainers and other pokemon are all dynamaxed…

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Octane

Why is this even a thing?

Untitled

Octane

Justifier

Maybe they should have cut wailord xD

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Octane

I also just read GTS is cut, just like it was in LGPE. I really hope that isn't true.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

So, someone I know slid into the old DMs, sent me a message along the lines of "Literally beating you to death" if I bought Sword or Shield.

Never once mentioned the game to them, never once said I was going to buy it. They just popped up and said, hey, this thing coming out, buy it and you die.

Honestly, I'm done with Pokemon not because of the games, but the people around it. This reminds me too much of school where Pokemon was a reason to be beaten up in the playground.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

jump

The review embargo is up at 2pm UK time. This should be interesting...

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic