Forums

Topic: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door!!!!!!!

Posts 401 to 420 of 669

FishyS

@Eel I was mostly joking, mainly making the point how arbitrary that distinction is — e.g. people complaining about a noose but not a suicide pit. Keep in mind that everything in Peach Showtime is a Prop. It is, in the end, a play and they make it very clear none of the violence is real.

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Eel

Mario Run is having a Paper Mario event right now, you can get statues of Paper Mario, Gombella, and the Koopa companion.

In case anyone is interested in having a reason to play that game.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

PikminMarioKirby

It’s cool that TTYD is a huge part of Switch Successor speculation.

When the first trailer dropped, some people thought it looked too good to be a Switch game.

Now, supposedly according to datamine it internally can support 4K (which Switch cannot currently output). This could potentially hint at Switch Successor’s power and backwards compatibility (obviously take with a grain of salt)

This game already looks awesome on Switch. I won’t say no to even better though!

If the upcoming Nintendo Direct has a Luigi’s Mansion 1 shadow drop I will change my profile picture to a Dorito

skywake

@PikminMarioKirby
Presumably Switch 2 is something that would've been something that would've been part of the discussion around this game. And I'm certainly of the view that we'll see some kind of cross-gen period which TTYD is probably a part of. So it makes sense. But I'm not sure how much of the "Switch 2" stuffs around this game has merit and how much is just people jumping at shadows

Of course, if when we drop this game into Switch 2 we suddenly get even native 1080p/60fps? I wouldn't complain. That'd be nice. But at the same time, the presentation we have here now is perfectly fine. I can certainly tell that it's sub 1080p and only 30fps, especially in certain sections, but I also I have no real issue with it as it is

To put it another way, if Switch 2 was coming out next week and it had confirmation of improvements for this game? If I had the pre-order going, paid off and was just waiting for it to arrive? I wouldn't put down TTYD for a week waiting for it to arrive

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Uncle_Franklin

Did the original have the Banjo-Kazooie noises?

Uncle_Franklin

PikminMarioKirby

@skywake Yeah TTYD seems like a prime candidate for getting an upgrade next gen. It’ll be interesting if any more information gets data-mined that could also be a part of the Switch successor speculation. So far, the information is definitely intriguing.

If the upcoming Nintendo Direct has a Luigi’s Mansion 1 shadow drop I will change my profile picture to a Dorito

PikminMarioKirby

@Uncle_Franklin If you’re talking about when you talk to the characters, then no that was not in the original. In the original it was 1 sound for pretty much all characters, I believe. (Of course, a few characters like Bowser had a few sound files of their own)

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Jhena

The Shadow Sirens seem chaotic, but I like Vivian. I hope she is not the one to blame for their mishap. Boggly Woods has a nice atmosphere.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Mana_Knight

Why are the Paper Mario games so well written? Like, seriously? Mario RPG was as well really, but Paper Mario stepped it up further. Just so many good lines! The writers are really talented.

Mana_Knight

Jhena

Of course it was Beldam's mishap, poor Vivian. It is propably no coincidence, that her name resembles bedlam. The battles feel and look good. I like to use the second special attack, earth tremor, no chance for normal encounters.

Jhena

Eel

About the banjo kazzoie noises, if I remember correctly, the original had a few different beeps in various pitches to denote personality and size. So larger characters like bowser would have deeper beeps, and most women would have higher pitched beeps.

—————

@Jhena “Beldam” is already a term, it basically means mean old witch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Jhena

@Eel
Thanks, I did not know that. The name is quite fitting.

Wow, Mario is getting so many kisses.

Jhena

Joeynator3000

Chapter 3 done...boss almost took me down, which is weird...I mean yeah he's a pain, but still...never had much trouble with him in the original. I swear the timed guards and timed attacks are somewhat harder in the version sometimes, it's...weird. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jhena

On the Nintendo of America Youtube channel is a video tutorial on how to make a Paper Mario paper plane. This is good advertisement and it is entertaining.

Jhena

PikminMarioKirby

@Jhena That’s cool! If what I saw is right, than that was a former world-record holder for Paper Airplanes doing it.

PikminMarioKirby

Chapter 3 is awesome!! It just feels so grand and mysterious. Definitely one of my favorites in the game. I still haven’t beat the chapter on Switch yet but it’s awesome!

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

RygelXVIII

@Eel Having no problem with parries in games like Sekiro, I find the timing here on the perfect parry or whatever they're calling it in this game to be very iffy, and the 30fps certainly doesn't help in this very specific case.

RygelXVIII

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic