Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch: USB-C and Portable Battery Recommendations

Posts 121 to 140 of 225

JaxonH

@ValhallaOutcast
10,000mAh is roughly twice the size of Switch battery, but you won't squeeze 100% efficiency from it. Say a full charge is 3 hrs with Zelda, a 10,000mAh should give roughly 5 hrs extra playtime with Zelda.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ValhallaOutcast

@JaxonH oh wow thats pretty good for long 5-6 hour flights, does USB A vs USB C output on the powerbank make a difference for playtime or does that just effect how fast it would charge a Switch in sleep mode

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

JamestheLol

I need a good portable charger that is under 30 dollars. Anyone know one

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

Anker AK-A1206012 10000mAh External Battery Power Bank or Lumsing 15000mAh Portable Charger or Aukey 12000mAh Portable Power Bank Charger External Battery Pack or Lumsing QC 3.0 13400 mAh or Anker PowerCore 10000. Those where the ones I researched.

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

I need a good one under under 30

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

I want to know if there is a better one for the same price

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

I dont know which one to get. Cuz if I get one, there might be a better one for the same price

JamestheLol

JaxonH

@ValhallaOutcast
Just affects how fast it'll charge.

@JamestheLol
As I mentioned in the other thread, those can not be recommended in good conscience since they are not USB-C. They may work well enough for you, they may not. Many reports of batteries draining while playing Zelda... Lots of solid recommendations for USB-C batteries in this thread, including the one I linked earlier

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JamestheLol

How do you know how fast it charges>

JamestheLol

JaxonH

@JamestheLol
That's how USB-C works.

All that "Qualcomm Fast Charge" doesn't work with Switch. That's proprietary charge methods for specific brands that use it. The only thing Switch does is use Power Delivery spec for USB-C, which allows higher voltage profiles with PD compliant chargers. So instead of getting 5V, you get 15V. There is evidence Switch still will not take more than 15W 18W undocked (my friend just tested) even with PD chargers, but it's still better than the 10W you'd get with a non-PD charger.

But that brings up a point. USB-C should provide 5V 3A, yet Switch only takes 2A. Which means, in theory, USB-A could provide the same level of charging as standard non-PD USB-C, provided its rated at 2A or higher (not all USB-A are though). I'd still say go with USB-C though, or at least only go with USB-A if you can confirm with someone that it's verified to be charging while playing Zelda. Most complaints of batteries not providing enough juice to keep charging while playing, I suspect stem from using USB-A to C instead of C to C

JaxonH

I've been doing alot of research to verify correct info and sit seems others have too. Found this- it it matches the 18W PD cap and 10W USB C cap me and my friend discovered with testing. I'll post on 1st page with an edit as well.

Thanks to whoever designed this. It's perfect.

Untitledfree image hostcertificity.com

JamestheLol

Can anyone link me a good nintendo switch portable charger under 30. It has to be under 30. Thank You

JamestheLol

JaxonH

@ValhallaOutcast
I linked him to my own personal USB-C portable battery that I can attest works great, and is $29.99...

Didn't seem interested in the slightest.

JamestheLol

It does. I just dont want to buy a portable charger and then later find out there is a better one. I watch alot of videos and they all tell me to buy this and this one. I really dont know which one to get. I really appreciate you taking time to do this, but I have like 5 portable chargers and dont know which one is the best to get.

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

There is the Imuto Portable Charger X5TC 16750mAh that has a usb c port and is made for the Switch. Is that a good investment?

JamestheLol

JamestheLol

Or is the Anker PowerCore 13000 Portable Charger better. Or is the IOGEAR GearPower 10,000mAh better

JamestheLol

Mechageo

Use the handy infographic to decide if something's a good fit for you and then buy it. Don't worry about futureproofing so much. USB-C devices will get cheaper over time.

Mechageo

JamestheLol

Is the iMuto Portable Charger X5TC 16750mAh a good choice?

JamestheLol

Sorry, this topic has been locked.