Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Sports

Posts 101 to 120 of 142

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint Resort kind of disappeared, Wii U got Wii Sports Club which was essentially a HD remaster of the original Wii Sports but Resort didn't get the digital Wii release treatment either.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano It's really strange why they've almost completely decided to ignore Resort, apart from the Chambara game. Is it as iconic as the first? No. But it's much better.

Perhaps Nintendo realized that Resort was too much of a good thing and is trying to erase it from our minds

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

WoomyNNYes

So, can soccer be played without the leg strap? Although, I'm aware of the consensus that the soccer(EU football) is lame.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

LiNeR

@WoomyNNYes the only mode where the leg strap is compatible is in the mini-game shootout mode within Soccer, but not the normal Soccer mode.

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

JaxonH

The game is out!

I brought my Switch OLED to work and played some bowling in tabletop this morning, even got my reports in the lab in on it.

I love this game so much. It was desperately needed. Switch just doesn't feel complete without Switch Sports.

I do agree it's a bit thin on content without the old training mode, but it is only $40 and has 6 sports rather than just 5 that Wii Sports had (7 once Golf releases, and maybe more after that).

I just wanted my Bowling and Golf. Wish I could play Golf now, bur, it gives me something to look forward to, and I'm swamped with Zombie Army 4, Splatoon 2, Triangle Strategy, 13 Sentinels, and now squeezing in some Switch Sports here and there.

So happy this game exists. I love the HD rumble when the ball hits the pins.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

My copy should hopefully arrive today and I'd possibly be down to play online with people once I put some hours in.

Edit: scratch that. Gotta love walmart and FedEx. Not sure which to blame, because both are usually bad about getting stuff on launch day, but it looks like it might not come until tomorrow. Well see if it gets updated. In my experience with working with FedEx ( shipping my customer's orders through them), they never hit their expected delivery date.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Budda

Why isn't Ranked Mode unlocked from the start?
Or am I missing something?

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

jedgamesguy

I read somewhere that there’s artwork and proof that other modes apart from Golf exist, but there’s nothing code wise that fits the bill. Is that… familiar to y’all?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

LiNeR

Ive heard that the words basketball and some other sport im forgetting are present in the code, but theres no code for the sports the themselves.

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

skywake

@StarPoint
I'd take good content over more content. If I'm being honest with myself on the original Wii Sports I only ever really played Golf and Bowling. Wii Sports Resort it was Golf, Bowling, Basketball and Archery. This one? It's hard to judge this early on but I'd say Bowling is definitely better than it was elsewhere, which is almost all that matters, and Badminton is good in a way that Tennis never was. And with Golf on the way and Basketball a possibility? It could end up being better than previous entries for me

Honestly, the fact that you can now play Bowling simultaneously in local multiplayer? That's all this game needed to do to be a must have for me. And having an online mode pushes it above Resort and the original, easily. Having an online mode that's not a wasteland pushes it above Wii Sports Club

Really, in my mind the only real let down is Tennis. Seems like it falls well short of what I was expecting. It's still as shallow as it always was in terms of motion controls but now with only options for a maximum of two players. Why?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

gcunit

I've just come off from playing it about 3 hours straight on global multiplayer. My opinion of it from my preconception has improved dramatically, not because there's some hidden depth not previously known about, but just because it all seems to work so well, and the gradual unlocking of customisation options is just enough to make me stay on for another game, then another, and another....

I haven't tried the volleyball yet, which is the mode I was most worried about cos it looked so slow in the trailers, but I've enjoyed everything I have tried - tennis, football, badminton & bowling.

Once you've played for a bit you unlock the option to select 3 of the sports for the game to 'randomly' throw you into next, so I've just been rolling from game after game of football, tennis and badders.

The football plays very much like Rocket League, but obviously a simplified version. You can get stuck in games where players are just constantly booting the ball to and fro with the ball just sailing over your head half the time, but just like Rocket League, goals can come out of nowhere and you always feel the chance to concede or score is just a second away. The feeling of scoring a goal is just like that in Rocket League.

And it all just works so nicely. Sure, I've had a few occasions where some sort of hiccup has thrown me out of a matchmaking, but generally it's all pretty snappy and close enough to seamless to be very enjoyable.

Just based on my global online games tonight it feels an easy 8/10 to me, potentially more based on how much it's got that 'Just one more game' trick going on. The sports may not be very much different from what we got in Wii Sports more than 15 years ago, but the simple fact is that they're fun to play online, in the casually competitive way that Mario Kart, Smash and Splatoon are.

If you liked Wii Sports then this seems like an essential Switch title.

My biggest 'but' about it so far is that when you play a global multiplayer game, there doesn't seem to be the option for a rematch with the same opponent when your game ends.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@Budda Ranked modes unlock on a sport by sport basis. I've already unlocked ranked football and tennis. Probably just happens after a certain number of games played online, or wins, or similar.

Budda

@gcunit
Turns out that you can't unlock it when playing with a second player online. By bad. 😂
There are so many things that the game doesn't tell you. The first match of Bowling is with bots only apparently, for example.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

gcunit

@Budda I did wonder with the bowling. I finished in first place on about 170, the second placed person scored about 47.

JaxonH

So, after trying all the sports, I'll say volleyball was the biggest surprise. It's way more involved and fun than I expected.

Tennis was ok, badminton was better, chambara was fun and soccer was really good- more fun than expected. But bowling is still the best. I love the crazy lanes.

Golf will be a crucial addition.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

Boxing should be included in Switch Sports. 😟
Because Boxing was also included in Wii Sports, Kinect Sports 1 XBOX 360, Sports Champions 2 PS3, Deca Sports Freedom XBOX 360, Dual Pen Sports 3DS.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter Definitely inclined to agree with you there. It's not even my favourite sport of the original Wii Sports yet it's exclusion is baffling due to how iconic it is to the series. Who knows, maybe if they bring it back in an update, I'll be converted to it? Here's hoping.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Sisilly_G

Can anybody confirm that customisation options are paywalled behind NSO or can they be unlocked through the offline modes that supposedly emulate online competition, because I have heard conflicting reports from people/reviews.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Kermit1doesmath

Is the gyro good? that is my one worry about the game...

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic