Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 862

AlexKarlMac

Sorry if this has already been asked, but for those who have pre-ordered Breath of the Wild on Switch from Nintendo UK, will they be delivering for 3/3 or just dispatching it then? Thanks for the help!

AlexKarlMac

_ijin

u know what really gets me, is that I can't even get a preorder anywhere, and ebay scalpers are having their pre-orders for sale in the 400-600 range. like wth..why did u even purchase the system..damn scalpers..for those who actually enjoy video games and nintendo consoles are out of luck.

_ijin

ChrispyNoodle

Anyone ordered from Nintendo UK store? Do you know what courier company they use?

ChrispyNoodle

Grumblevolcano

@ChrispyNoodle Sometimes Royal Mail which are good and sometimes Yodel which are absolutely useless.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

enoch72

@Grumblevolcano Totally agree about Yodel......I'm praying GAME don't use Yodel for their deliveries.

enoch72

burger_king

AlexKarlMac wrote:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but for those who have pre-ordered Breath of the Wild on Switch from Nintendo UK, will they be delivering for 3/3 or just dispatching it then? Thanks for the help!

I asked them on online chat as i also have zelda pre-ordered from there, and they said it would be dispatched to arrive on the launch day, i hope they are right ! has anyone ordered from the nintendo store before ??

Edited on by burger_king

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Ryu_Niiyama

@jump Nice case. I got the tunic edition because I can pass it as a purse.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@burger_king My experience was generally good outside of some issues with delivery when Yodel was the courier. However I did receive Color Splash a day late despite preordering as it got dispatched late, not delivery issues (courier that time was Royal Mail and delivered fast after dispatch). Color Splash was my last purchase with them by the way.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Monkey_Balls

Switch pre-orders are still available in several stores in the UK (Nintendo, Tesco, Base, Smyths, Argos, etc). Why stress yourself checking stock with GAME (known for mucking up orders) when the official Nintendo Store has available stock and will likely deliver early?

Also, Tesco Direct are offering £10 off Switch and controller bundles:
Switch and Pro Controller: £334.98.
Switch and Joy-Con (grey): £344.98.

It's not much of a saving - £5 less than the official Nintendo Store - but a saving nonetheless. Note: Tesco take payment at checkout. Offers end March 5th.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

ChrispyNoodle

I've stuck with GAME in the end. Pre paid so just gonna pick up at midnight without having to wait in the paying customer queue.

ChrispyNoodle

ADistantFuture45

Pre-ordered my Switch from my local GameStop and just in time too. The first batch for both neon and grey are sold out, leaving the second batch to be restocked a week or two. No midnight launch from my local GameStop even with the first batches of Switch being sold out. It is their decision in the end.

"The future depends on what you do today" - Mahatma Gandhi

60-hz

Just out of interest. What are those who have pre-ordered planning to get on Day 1 ?

I have currently pre-ordered,

Switch Console Neon £280 (pre ordered)
Zelda BOTW & £48 (pre ordered)
1-2 Switch £24 (pre ordered, used Amazon £10 discount code)
Switch Case (planning to order that today)

We are a family of 4 and usually like to play some 4 player games together. I was thinking what extra's are needed to allow 4 players, so much options though with Joy-Cons, Pro Controllers etc.. which I think is a good thing. Things can add up really quickly as I am finding out ha ha. It would be great to hear if anyone is in a similar situation and what your planning to purchase etc..

60-hz

BMox81

60-hz wrote:

Just out of interest. What are those who have pre-ordered planning to get on Day 1 ?

We are a family of 4 and usually like to play some 4 player games together. I was thinking what extra's are needed to allow 4 players, so much options though with Joy-Cons, Pro Controllers etc.. which I think is a good thing. Things can add up really quickly as I am finding out ha ha. It would be great to hear if anyone is in a similar situation and what your planning to purchase etc..

Neon Switch
Zelda BOTW
Super Bomberman R
Pro Controller

All the above have been pre purchased today so no fraffing about on Friday morning.

Official Case is coming via post so should have it on Friday as well.

Might get Snipperclips on Friday via the eShop.

Edited on by BMox81

BMox81

OorWullie

@60-hz I'd recommend hanging off on buying any new Joy-cons until March 10th.Then there will be a 2 Joy-con/Snipperclips bundle.I think the bundle is only a fiver extra than the standard Joy-con set so you'll save some money on Snipperclips and you'll be good to go for some 4 player fun.The Pro-controller you're going to want for yourself eventually but I don't see it as a necessity until games like Puyo Puyo arrive at the end of April.Saying that,some Neo Geo games will be arriving in March,so if they're your thing a Pro-controller is a must.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Olliemar

60-hz wrote:

Switch Grey Console
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (standard)
Charging Grip
Official Carry Case

I will get a Pro Controller at some point, but it doesn't feel quite so essential at launch. As long as I'm able to keep the system frequently charged, I'm good to go (I'm running on the assumption that the USB-C cable packed with the Grip can also charge the system itself whilst in Handheld Mode via a Power Bank).

Switch Friend Code: 0584 - 5554 - 6701
PSN + XBL: Olliemar28
@Olliemar28

rk3388

I already have Breath of the Wild and I am considering pre-ordering Super Bomberman R. I also do not have a Switch pre-ordered, so am hoping I can get one on Launch morning (I live in a small city with two EB Games and the launch is Friday, hopefully people are at work/school).

If 1,2 Switch has features we haven't seen and actually ends up highly recommended (I doubt it), I will consider this. Also considering buying Shovel Knight and Fast RMX Day one if I happen to get one.

rk3388

60-hz

Thanks for the reply folks.

Looking like a Pro Controller is a must have, especially for SF2, arcade archives etc. I am thinking the Joycon Grip would be suitable for now though for Zelda ?

It's almost worth just buying another Switch Console by the time you buy an extra pair oh Joycons and a Pro Controller plus all the other bits and bobs lol..

So.. hoping we get neogeo arcade archives in March ? Then a Pro Controller will be a must for the D-Pad.

Is there any chance we will see arcade archives on the indie event, is that Tuesday via a Nintendo direct ?

60-hz

FGPackers

Yeah it's tuesday, but it should be a streaming, not a proper direct i think

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.