Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX Arrives March 2017!

Posts 101 to 120 of 175

FragRed

With all the news of Zelda being delayed by anything up to a year and NX launching in March, I'm very much considering buying Bloodborne cheap on the PS4. I'm so bad at these games that by the time I've completed it, Nintendo may have released the console...

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

@FragRed: Unless they announce more games, Paper Mario is probably the only Wii U game I'm planning on getting this year. I already picked up Bloodborne on Black Friday, so plenty of time to play that game!

Octane

Akane

They probably thought that the lines for the Zelda demo units would get so long that they better make sure there's enough demo units to shorten the queue remarkably. And that's why they are only having Zelda as the playable demo.

But that does not mean they are not going to show off other games in some form, or take their announcements straight-to-internet with a new Nintendo Direct.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

UGXwolf

I personally think that they're downsizing at E3 in order to save money and resources for more widespread demos like the Nindies@Home thing they did last year or the Best Buy events they had before that. But that's just speculation. Think what you will.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

GrailUK

They need to dedicate E3 to Zelda because you will have the devs of Witcher, Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Elder Scrolls hogging the demo pods lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

I personally think that they're downsizing at E3 in order to save money and resources for more widespread demos like the Nindies@Home thing they did last year or the Best Buy events they had before that. But that's just speculation. Think what you will.

Is Zelda the only playable game at E3 for Nintendo or the only Nintendo game at E3? maybe they will showcase some Indie and 3rd party games too?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rallydefault

skywake wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

So, yes, I and some others were wrong about the 2016 thing, and I'm comfortable enough with myself and my humanity to admit that. But I also never belittled and insulted people the way I was back in the Zelda thread. Including by you, @TheLastLuigia. So let's see if you can step up to your own words and make an apology.

It was a long thread. Though it started with talk about Zelda U skipping the Wii U entirely which was clearly wrong. Then it evolved into a back-and-forward with some people saying the NX was definitely a home console launching in 2016 with Zelda. Others, myself included, said that one or all of those things could be wrong. Turns out one of those things was wrong but 2/3 ain't bad. My scepticism appears to have been misplaced.

The bit you're talking about? I believe by that point the discussion had turned to the merits of the idea that the NX was a hybrid console. I remain sceptical of that idea so I'm not doing to apologise for calling it a bad idea. I think if anything the events of today make it seem even less likely. From the look of their sales projections? The Wii U is going to tank next FY and the 3DS won't. That doesn't sound like a hybrid launch to me. Until otherwise stated I think we must assume that the NX is the Wii U's successor.

For the record, I never had any part in the hybrid console discussion. You keep trying to lump me into that when I had absolutely zero to say on it. I've always pretty much thought it will be a home console, but never really got fired up about it either way.

I was referencing when my ideas were ridiculed and made fun of by you and others when I proposed Zelda U would be coming to both consoles based on hunches I had with the wording of the title and just a general feeling with the timing and gist behind the delay and overall presentation Nintendo was putting forth.

I knew I wouldn't get any sort of apology from you though, so I guess your response here is just kind of par for the course.

Now let's see what @TheLastLuigia said. I can only imagine lol...

Edit: And yep, pretty much what I expected from you, too, @TheLastLuigia. A complete unwillingness to acknowledge your own faults WHILE continuing to insult me. Fantastic.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

DefHalan

@rallydefault: I don't remember people reacting in such a negative way. Most of the responses I remember, including my own, were how unlikely that might have been or waiting for Nintendo to confirm it. Now Nintendo has confirmed that it is happening and what was said before doesn't really matter, one way or the other, because we have new information from Nintendo.

rallydefault

DefHalan wrote:

@rallydefault: I don't remember people reacting in such a negative way. Most of the responses I remember, including my own, were how unlikely that might have been or waiting for Nintendo to confirm it. Now Nintendo has confirmed that it is happening and what was said before doesn't really matter, one way or the other, because we have new information from Nintendo.

I'm not surprised.

rallydefault

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Is Zelda the only playable game at E3 for Nintendo or the only Nintendo game at E3? maybe they will showcase some Indie and 3rd party games too?

As far as we know, it's the only one of either, but I think they've only said it'll be the only PLAYABLE demo at E3. Nothing's stopping them from adding more, hence my original thoughts be speculation only.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

As far as we know, it's the only one of either, but I think they've only said it'll be the only PLAYABLE demo at E3. Nothing's stopping them from adding more, hence my original thoughts be speculation only.

Yeah, i was adding to what you said, not arguing it. Sorry if that is what it sounded like. lol

crimsoncavalier

DJaa wrote:

With the Zelda delay, I think nintendo is finished tbh. Nintendo is so focussed with the NX launch, they're not realising how its killing any enthousiasm and mindshare for their products. 12 million loyalists had been screwed hard, and now they're screwed even harder.

Nintendo always speaks about momentum, but frankly I dont think Nintendo knows what momentum really means. You cant go from an alltime low of goodwill to a huge succes. NX even if its a good product is gonna struggle in getting back the enthusiasm from the people disliking nintendo right now.

I think the overall hatred being felt towards Nintendo is inflated by the fact that the people getting online to complain are a small minority of gamers. Additionally, most people don't get online to be happy. Complaining is easier than praising, and all you have to do to see that fact is look at restaurant reviews on things like Yelp. For every positive one, there are a dozen negative ones.

The release date is fine with me. The last thing Nintendo needs is to launch with no games. Although if it's still a year away, it's weird that they would announce it in a financial report. Then again, that's how they announced the NX to begin with.

The truly disappointing (but not surprising) bit of information was the whole Zelda thing. At this point I'm surprised it's coming to Wii U at all. I was actually starting to think it would skip it altogether and go straight to NX. And at this point, I don't see why it shouldn't. It's not going to do the Wii U any good.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

DefHalan

More and more I feel like the NX is Nintendo's chance at a fresh start when it comes to their consoles. If they can prove that they can be the 3rd pillar in the market than they will stay, but if Nintendo continues to think they don't have to complete with Xbox or Playstation then they will continue to lose out. A Wii isn't happening again in my opinion.

crimsoncavalier

@DefHalan: If they can deliver a box that has 3rd party support plus all of the Nintendo games, they'll thrive.

I think it's what many gamers have been asking for for a long time. No fancy tricks. Just games. That's what consoles are all about: the games.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

WebHead

@DefHalan: yep Wii was lightning in a bottle. And yet I don't think they'll be the primary system again. But do think they must convince consumers that they are at least the must have secondary unit even PC gamers can't ignore.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DefHalan

@WebHead: I think Nintendo has already shown they can't be the secondary system with the Wii U. When 3rd Parties started leaving at the start of Wii U, that was the time to step up and become a secondary console, and they couldn't do it. I also find people want options for their 3rd Party software. They want to be able to select which console they get it on based on performance and online friends. If Nintendo can get into that race, they might be able to do well, especially if they make sure games run on their system well.

@crimsoncavalier: I don't know about "fancy tricks" assuming you mean controller "gimmicks." VR is mostly a "fancy trick" currently and probably won't reach its full potential for a few more console generations if it can last that long, but Sony and Microsoft are both jumping into that boat pretty quickly. Nintendo will need something to complete in that market in some way. (Not saying they need a VR headset but something that can be that "immersive")

rallydefault

crimsoncavalier wrote:

DJaa wrote:

With the Zelda delay, I think nintendo is finished tbh. Nintendo is so focussed with the NX launch, they're not realising how its killing any enthousiasm and mindshare for their products. 12 million loyalists had been screwed hard, and now they're screwed even harder.

Nintendo always speaks about momentum, but frankly I dont think Nintendo knows what momentum really means. You cant go from an alltime low of goodwill to a huge succes. NX even if its a good product is gonna struggle in getting back the enthusiasm from the people disliking nintendo right now.

I think the overall hatred being felt towards Nintendo is inflated by the fact that the people getting online to complain are a small minority of gamers. Additionally, most people don't get online to be happy. Complaining is easier than praising, and all you have to do to see that fact is look at restaurant reviews on things like Yelp. For every positive one, there are a dozen negative ones.

The release date is fine with me. The last thing Nintendo needs is to launch with no games. Although if it's still a year away, it's weird that they would announce it in a financial report. Then again, that's how they announced the NX to begin with.

The truly disappointing (but not surprising) bit of information was the whole Zelda thing. At this point I'm surprised it's coming to Wii U at all. I was actually starting to think it would skip it altogether and go straight to NX. And at this point, I don't see why it shouldn't. It's not going to do the Wii U any good.

Hatred toward Nintendo being communicated through the internet? Yea, definitely.

But dwindling sales numbers speaks for everyone's general distaste toward the company lately.

rallydefault

UGXwolf

@DefHalan: But it's an entirely reasonable argument, whether you intended it to be one or not. They may not be downsizing so much as focusing, or maybe they are upsizing elsewhere. We won't know for a month or so.

@rallydefault: Hatred for a company and distaste for a product are two very different things. Most of the actual hatred comes from policies involving YouTube and online interactions. For the vast majority of gamers, the Wii U was a "meh, I'll pass."

I think Nintendo can capture an audience, but burning their Wii U audience was not a smart move. I honestly wish I had been wrong, before and the NX WAS releasing this year. This is honestly worse.

rallydefault

@UGXwolf: Let's not call it "distaste," then. Let's call it a general "meh," as you say.

I agree that this is all kind of bad news, though. The system is a LONG way away for a dying console. And announcing that your BIG game is going to be on the NX as well is a big slap in the face.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.