Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 15,873

link3710

@korosanbo That does seem kind of likely, and could be a good way to expand the mechanics and make revisiting the overworld fresh again.

Edit: She's also been playable in Smash, Cadence of Hyrule and Hyrule Warriors, not just CD-i. Oh and the topper, she was playable in Spirit Tracks too, which was a Nintendo developed title.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

BabyYoda71

Question... why Link? Every Zelda game I know of, you get to chose the name, and so the majority of the time you’re not playing as Link.... So is every game completely different characters?

I feel like I’ll regret posting this when everyone starts sharing crazy conspiracy theories.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Octane

@BabyYoshi12 To be fair, you have to be kinda stupid to name your character anything other than Link.

Octane

BruceCM

Lols, that's a problem with any game that lets you name your protag ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

I remember when Smash Bros on the Wii U released Corrin before Fates came out and it ruined any chance of me calling them anything other than Corrin.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BabyYoda71

@Octane Well, it gives you the option to, so I imagine many many people took advantage of that.

DarkRula

But I thought his name was Link because he's the hero that links all these legends together.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Octane

@BruceCM So if you get to play as Zelda in a future game, will they also allow you to rename her?

Octane

rallydefault

Zelda is such a cool franchise because even though they sprinkle all of these connections and stuff and have even written the Hyrule Historia, they still say it's all just craziness and can be whatever you want it to be. It's refreshing in a time when it seems like nearly every video game spends more time creating/crafting its "mythos" and "lore" than making sure the gameplay is good lol

rallydefault

BabyYoda71

@BruceCM But most others don’t have all the fans calling the protagonist a specific name.

BabyYoda71

@Octane Oh boy. If that happens, then there will definitely be some crazy theories about every game existing in a different dimension. 😜

Octane

@rallydefault No, that only means Nintendo is terrible at crafting a consistent lore lol.

Octane

MarioBrickLayer

I got excited then! a page full of new posts...I thought something had been announced!

MarioBrickLayer

jump

DarkRula wrote:

But I thought his name was Link because he's the hero that links all these legends together.

Sort of, the original idea for the first game was for Link to time travel between the past and present and he'd be the link (wink-wink) between them.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer This thread usually goes off in random directions like before the March Direct there was a lot of discussion about Nintendo Network maintenance.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

Octane wrote:

@rallydefault No, that only means Nintendo is terrible at crafting a consistent lore lol.

Oh, I don't disagree, but I also don't really care. And I don't think that was one of Miyamoto's cares when he started the franchise.

rallydefault

-Green-

Zelda lore is pretty funny in that it doesn't take itself too seriously yet is still somewhat consistent. Although most of that probably comes from Nintendo just being fairly vague and open-ended with a lot of it and reusing similar plots consistently.

Stuff like Malice for example is vague enough in what it is that you can retroactively tie it back to other games and it functions well. It's just evil or negative goo, or other things such as that. There are some possible plot holes regardless though but they're pretty open about it. There's also some misconceptions or loss of detail caused by poor English translations.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Don

So what’s everyone’s opinion on the July Direct rumor?

Don

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic