Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 15,822

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed The info we have on the Sword/Shield expansion pass is what was announced in January's Pokemon Direct and March's Direct Mini. Whether that's a lot of info or not much depends on the scale of the expansion.

Paper Mario was probably revealed when it was because at least 8 weeks between initial announcement and release date are needed if there's a retail release. Having a Direct Mini then would've been problematic for maintaining Switch hype throughout the summer (lots of digital events going on in June and July focused on PS5, Series X or both).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That maybe so, but I don’t believe there’ll be any more Directs unless it’s game specific. Easier to just shadow drop everything as and when needed and let the internet go into meltdown.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Bolt_Strike

Kind of a long shot, but I'm actually thinking I wouldn't mind seeing a remake/spiritual successor to Yoshi's Story (maybe more the latter, something like what ALBW is to ALttP). Yoshi's recent outings have been heavily themed around different types of materials and crafts, it'd be nice for them to play around with the storybook theme of that game to create some unique mechanics and themes. I'm doubtful it's something we'll see this year, but I could see something like this happening.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

LzWinky

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@FragRed The info we have on the Sword/Shield expansion pass is what was announced in January's Pokemon Direct and March's Direct Mini. Whether that's a lot of info or not much depends on the scale of the expansion.

Paper Mario was probably revealed when it was because at least 8 weeks between initial announcement and release date are needed if there's a retail release. Having a Direct Mini then would've been problematic for maintaining Switch hype throughout the summer (lots of digital events going on in June and July focused on PS5, Series X or both).

At the same time, most of the people who would care about a direct are those who already have a Switch.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MarioBrickLayer

There are sone reports on twitter that Nintendo have posted a private video on their youtube channel, no one seems to know what it means! Do they usually post a video as private before making it public?

MarioBrickLayer

FragRed

@MarioBrickLayer A lot of organisations upload videos that are set to be made available ahead of time. It’s the same with how they work tweets, Facebook posts etc. There’s software they use that allows them to do all of this, set dates and times to go live etc.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

Yeah, I remember a Ninty game got revealed early at E3 as someone forgot to set the video to private. It might have been Hyrule Warriors but I'm not sure.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioBrickLayer

Hopefully this means something is imminent!!

MarioBrickLayer

FragRed

I’m not sure whether they do this with only Nintendo developed/published games or if it’s something they do with third party ones as well. I think it’s best to keep an open mind that this could be something new from Nintendo or it could be something from a third party publisher. It could also be an update video with more details on something like Paper Mario.

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer Looks like it's a Pokemon Sword/Shield expansion pass video:

These Pokemon Sword/Shield news updates have always come with videos.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

It’ll most likely be a trailer with a release date for the first DLC>

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BabyYoda71

There’s absolutely no way Nintendo will release a Direct this June. At this point, it will September at the earliest, but likely not until 2021. I think they’ll do a Direct as soon as they can, but that’s not going to be for a while.

However, I do think there will be another Mini Direct, where they just show videos but there’s no people, relatively soon.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

MarioBrickLayer

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@MarioBrickLayer Looks like it's a Pokemon Sword/Shield expansion pass video

I was hoping for something more exciting!

BabyYoshi65 wrote:

There’s absolutely no way Nintendo will release a Direct this June. At this point, it will September at the earliest, but likely not until 2021. I think they’ll do a Direct as soon as they can, but that’s not going to be for a while.

However, I do think there will be another Mini Direct, where they just show videos but there’s no people, relatively soon.

I don't even think there will be a Mini Direct for ages, it will be more announcements like Paper Mario until the end of summer at the earliest. I'm betting 3 non DLC announcements between now and September.

MarioBrickLayer

LzWinky

We could always go back to the good ol’ days when games were announced in magazines

FragRed

With Sony now delaying the PS5 reveal this Thursday, I can see Nintendo going silent on any announcements regarding new games until they feel timing is better. There’s a lot going on right now and it seems others are doing similar.

kkslider5552000

I mean, if nothing else, this would be the perfect month to finally announce Captain Rainbow for the west.

I realize even Star Fox: Grand Prix would be more likely, but the timing would fill me with all the joy in the world.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Smash DLC would also need to be delayed, Smash news generally attracts more attention than new games.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Several more weeks isn't going to break anyone, everyone can wait. Unfortunately though after seeing a lot of the comments on Push Square over the whole delaying the PS5 reveal I do now feel somewhat more depressed.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Delaying would be the right thing to do, Sony made the right decision to delay and not give a new announcement date.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I know, it’s just maddening how upset people have gotten over something that is still going to happen, just not right now. Cyberpunk is the latest victim to get the hatred due to a delay in a video.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic