Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 15,741 to 15,760 of 15,881

OctolingKing13

An Indie world. Really, Nintendo? Everybody just wants first party newwwws.
Also no prediction from Pyoro-has the poor red bird been caught?
welp, at least it’s healthy for my wallet. this is probably exciting for hollow knight fans since it’s basically Silksong confirmed news.
Guess we’ll be getting our big direct in June ! Also who predicted an indie world in April? they’re amazing

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

FragRed

@OctolingKing13 Maybe he’s just so uninspired by what Nintendo shows at these indie showcases he just gave up.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FishyS

OctolingKing13 wrote:

Also no prediction from Pyoro-has the poor red bird been caught? Also who predicted an indie world in April? they’re amazing

Grumblevolcano was predicting a April Indie World weeks ago, though not quite this date. Very good track record for predicting things though.

Pyoro didn't say much about the indie direct last year... I recall us wondering if they basically only knew about first party stuff or close partners.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

CaleBoi25

GASP Poyoro failed us?!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

FragRed

Pyoro has just responded to someone on Twitter that they never know about indie games so whatever is announced will be news to him/her also.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

CaleBoi25

Man, I was hoping she (or he, IDK) could tell us if Silksong would be there...

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

DarkRula

Aw, yeah! An Indie World is at least something. There's always some good stuff no matter what the event is. And of course, the comments of that tweet are already full of Silksong hope.

Me? Little Kitty, Big City release date I'm hoping is here, considering the game was at the previous April Indie World. And I'm sure there'll be a surprise or two that I can add to the waiting for list.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Novamii

@DarkRula Dude, if we got a Silksong AND Little Kitty combo, that'd honestly be better than some main directs in my book!

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

DarkRula

@Novamii I feel that. Got no hype for Silksong myself, but there's enough on the internet that I feel it just showing up would make this Indie World better than a Direct for most.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Croctopus

Hoping for Little Kitty release date myself, but I also want a date for Shantae: Risky Revolution, too. Otherwise, there might not be anything for me. This at least gives me some hope for a normal Direct in May.

Official-Grizzco Octoling Soldier

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Novamii

@Croctopus Not that it means much, but there was that rumor earlier in the year that mentioned the whole indie world one month, main direct the next, thing, right? The dates are off, sure, but those are always open to change. Maybe there's some merit to that? Though it could just be coincidental.

Edited on by Novamii

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: Undecided

Magician

Indie Direct tomorrow? The freshest game ideas come from indie games these days. That said, I expect a healthy dose of cozy games. Be they sim-life, sim-farm, or sim-management. Personally, I'd like to see a Turbo Overkill release window announcement.

Gimme blood, gimme gore. Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire. Ooh!

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ElRoberico

I know I'm in a very tiny minority on this, but I would LOVE a release date of Quilts and Cats of Calico. That game is supposed to be out by now.

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

chiiizu

Who wants to bet Team Cherry is going to announce that they temporarily suspended development of Silksong in 2020, and they have just now resumed, so we can expect news on release date in a few years. In the meantime, they worked on a whole slew of cosmetics and microtransactions for Hollow Knight, all of which contribute to getting a completionist run. Silksong will also be live-service FPS.

Can I do a completionist run of video game history? (It's still being made so we'll see)
Currently Playing: Unicorn Overlord (Switch)
Next Up: Sand Land (PC)
Panic (Reality)

FishyS

CaleBoi25 wrote:

GASP Poyoro failed us?!

Pyoro keeps their 100% correct status by only leaking things they actually know instead of making up stuff when they don't know like most supposed leakers.

FishyS

FragRed

@FishyS And he said today in response to someone tweeting him/her that they don’t get scoops on indie directs which I find interesting.

GrailUK

@FishyS He didn't fail himself.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Noble_Haltmann

@chiiizu I’m betting Team Cherry will announce they weren’t satisfied with how development was going, so they restarted completely with help from Retro Studios.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

FishyS

FragRed wrote:

And he said today in response to someone tweeting him/her that they don’t get scoops on indie directs which I find interesting.

The only thing we really know about Pyoro is that they probably live in Japan (at least according to a Twitter spillage) and that they only leak things which are about to be announced on social media. Best guess is they are involved with Nintendo marketing or social media teams or perhaps video editing or even translation. That might be wrong, but even if it is right they may just not happen to be the person or on the exact team which deals with indie directs.

FishyS

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic