Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,101 to 10,120 of 15,474

MarioBrickLayer

@FragRed Would they normally wait until after the quarterly financials? I can't remember

MarioBrickLayer

FragRed

@MarioBrickLayer I just thought airing a start of the year Direct around the time of good quarterly financials would be a good thing for your share price. Unless the first half of 2022 was looking pretty empty.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MarioBrickLayer

@FragRed That makes sense, I just can't remember the timing in previous years/quarters and if they ever have a Direct before announcing their results. I think they definitely wanted Pokemon Arceus out of the way first.

MarioBrickLayer

RR529

I think we'll probably get a Direct this month, but probably not until next week or the week after.

It's probably too late to announce anything of particular note for February (nothing worth a physical release), but they could always shadow drop a smaller eShop only title akin to BoxBoy or Mario VS Donkey Kong, then announce a few release dates for things like Splatoon 3, and a couple of announcements (a new summer game & a sneak peek at something coming in the second half of the year).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ElRoberico

If it's not February, it's March. I feel confident we're getting something before Kirby. Right?

Currently playing: Marvel's Spider-Man

TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS

StarPoint

We're definitely getting a Direct in February (I hope). It'll be a good 5 months since the last one. I'm expecting to see a solid chunk of Forgotten Land, Re-Boot Camp, and Splatoon 3. I wouldn't be surprised if BOTW 2 got a name drop. One thing that I would absolutely love to see is MP4 news. I feel like 3 years is a good amount of time for them to at least drop a cinematic trailer or Alpha footage. Heck, I'd even be happy with some artwork and a name drop. Anything, Nintendo. ANYTHING

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

FragRed

Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard and now Sony buying Bungie… maybe this is gonna be a year of nothing but plot twists. I am now going to say Nintendo’s plot twist to follow up everything is that they’re scrapping Directs and are just gonna randomly tweet trailers as and when they feel like doing so.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

VoidofLight

@StarPoint Honestly, if E3 were a thing this year, I'd disagree with BotW 2 being in the next direct, but now I feel like it's a possibility.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

StarPoint

@VoidofLight I think they end up doing an online E3, we would definitely see a lot more of BOTW 2 then. I was just thinking for this next Direct that there would be a name drop and a bit more gameplay/ story to show off. Doesn't have to be anything major, though.

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

VoidofLight

@StarPoint People are saying e3 got cancelled this year, so there's probably a chance of us seeing BotW 2 a bit sooner... hopefully.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

FroZtedFlake

Well, I don't know how many of you know RogersBase but he has a podcast and was playing Arceus, after he finished he goes well I'll probably see you guys- oop we're live that's right laughing well… we'll probably see you guys in two weeks wink wink nudge nudge, and if anything happens then then we'll play it. He has leaked things before with inside sources and obviously we usually get a February Direct so I personally think that'll be when.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Magician

With Yacht Club Games's announcement being a bit of a non-event, we now look towards the week of the 20th.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/01/japanese-magazine-n...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NinChocolate

I always hope for a direct in January, a little boost in a cold dark month. But now that’s past I don’t care when the next direct is 😝

NinChocolate

Anti-Matter

Pokemon Direct on 27 February as usual.

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

I'm gonna speculate what this month's Direct could look like (Assuming we're getting one this month that is). I will rank reveals + showcases based on how much I'm expecting them to show up. This list will only cover previously revealed games.

1 - Practically guaranteed: Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, Splatoon 3, Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Triangle Strategy

2 - Wouldn't be surprised if appearance was made: BOTW 2, Bayonetta 3, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

3 - Would be surprised if appearance was made: Silksong

4 - Keep dreaming: Metroid Prime 4

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)

Anti-Matter

I just want another LEGO games without popular Western licensed franchises such as Western superheroes / Star Wars / etc.
I never like popular Western franchises like that, gimme something Normal like LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
I don't even like Western superheroes such as Marvel, Batman, Spiderman, etc and will never care their existence.
I prefer Normal peoples with Normal outfits such as Fireman, Police, Farmer, Construction worker, etc without flashy outfits.
LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER is the only LEGO game I like for No Western superheroes things on it. Police is a real hero than Western superheroes in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter batman is human. He is the ultimate hero! Just a rich guy with a sweet bat cave and dope gadgets.

Edit: yea, firefighters and police offers are real heros though. Just saying, batman is out there fighting super villians with no super powers.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic