Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,121 to 10,140 of 15,822

Anti-Matter

@NintendoByNature
I never like Batman, also as I found his another games with rated M, Batman was instantly banned in my gaming area.
No Batman things allowed in my gaming area.
Sorry, I never like and will never like any Western franchises like that. I never like the popularity from famous Western franchises like that. It just very irritating for me.

Anti-Matter

link3710

@Anti-Matter If you won't play Batman stuff because he has an M rate game, I have bad news for you about M-rate games that have police officers then...

link3710

VoidofLight

@link3710 Wait, Anti plays Final Fantasy, but Final Fantasy has M rated titles! Final Fantasy 13 has an M rated spin-off game!

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MonadoBoy

@VoidofLight Smash has gotta be off limits for him too; Snake and Bayonetta are contaminating the fighting scene with their M-rated origins.

MonadoBoy

VoidofLight

@MonadoBoy And he can't touch any of the games that got in smash either, since they were probably tainted by M rated characters, just by association.

jump

I'm not overly keen on calling cops or superheroes as heroes (I generally refer to Batman/Marvel stuff as comic book games/movies/shows) as it's water downing the meaning of being a hero and the real hero cops whilst also romanticising a job as heroic. Plus most cops I know are typically bit of bell anyway, same applies to people in the army whenever there are squaddies on a night out you know they are gonna be so annoying/causing trouble all night long.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MarioVillager92

@StarPoint Yeah, it's easy to expect previously announced games to appear in the next direct, especially since a couple of those games are nearing their planned release dates. That's what I think they'd cover, anyway. As for Metroid Prime 4, yeah...I'm not expecting news about that game at this point. I wonder how things are going with its development.

@VoidofLight He actually got upset about Final Fantasy XV and XVI being too violent, or something like that. XVI in particular has been given a mature rating, I believe. Just curious, what was that spin-off game called? The only FF game I played a good chunk of was VII.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Magician

@MarioLover92 Is FF Type-0 what you're asking about? I believe it was the first M-rated FF game.
Where a chocobo was bleeding out like a stuck pig in Type-0's opening cut scene and all that.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

StarPoint

@Sdelintwouters I am. I won't get my hopes up but I wouldn't be surprised if they announced one.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Magician

@Sdelintwouters We're all hopeful. "Will this week be the week? No? Well then perhaps next week." Will be the question everyone poses, week in and week out, until it actually happens.

And when it does happen, afterwards we immediately ask, "so when's the next one?"

The trials and tribulations of being a fan to one particular piece of plastic called Nintendo Switch.

We could have everything we want and we'd still want more.
Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@Sdelintwouters
Gluttons. The lot of us.

VoidofLight

@MarioLover92 Type 0, which was apart of the Thirteen mythos. Also, XV isn’t even that violent. Guess Anti hates Teen rated stuff too?

gcunit

Magician wrote:

@Sdelintwouters
Gluttons. The lot of us.

• looks at sig *

Some more than others...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarioVillager92

@Magician Ok, thanks! I looked it up and yes, it's M-rated all right. I'm no Final Fantasy super fan but you're probably right about it being the first M-rated one. I was just curious.

@Sdelintwouters There could be a chance that a direct would happen this month, there was one on February last year, but anything could happen. Personally, I'm just gonna wait until the next one gets announced.

@VoidofLight Thanks to you as well - as I just told Magician, I was curious. Yeah, I just saw some footage of FFXV and you're totally right - it's not Doom levels of violence, lol. I did see that it has real-time battles instead of turn-based ones (kinda like the FFVII remake), not that it's a bad thing of course. It does look like a pretty solid game in its own right.

Edited on by MarioVillager92

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
FF XV has DLC costumes that i found it was from other rated M games (Type "FF XV costumes DLC" on Google image by yourself, i don't even want to mention their names even from my tongue).
When i found those things, FF XV was instantly banned + something wrong from the trailer i have ever watched that immediately i closed the video before even the trailer finished.

Btw, about rated Teen games.
Even when the games rated Teen, it doesn't mean i can bypass them easily.
I have to check their ESRB summary to see what contents inside to filter more the rated Teen games i found before i allowed them.
For example, Tales series started from Xillia and beyond. When i found "Blood" from ESRB rating and summary, the games will be instantly banned even they are rated Teen games. But if just only Mild Blood or Animated Blood + i have reviewed the ESRB summary, the games are still allowed for having minder level of disturbing contents.
I will instantly ban rated Teen games with "Strong lyrics", that means I will hear swearing or foul languages from the songs I hear. I have ZERO tolerance for any songs with cursing and foul languages on it.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter Then you have a ton of games, which do the same, that you should probably blacklist then. Again, Final Fantasy 13 shares the same mythos with Type 0, which is a gritty and dark M rated game with blood and gore.

VoidofLight

@MarioLover92 XV is much better now, since the updates fixed the story and made it more comprehensible, but I'm still bummed they canned a ton of stuff.

crashcontrol

Wait until Anti finds out that Animal Crossing characters are also in a game with M rated characters

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
Don't worry, the games that i bought have passing my inspection before reaching my gaming area.
FF XIII itself (without their sequel) was still tolerable enough for me. From ESRB rating, it has Mild Language (like saying "Damn you", Lightning said that words), Suggestive theme and Violence, but no gritty things founded. From three age rating inspection, only Japanese and USA version passed but not for Europe version, so i can decide to approve FF XIII but i will only pick the USA version.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic