Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 10,081 to 10,100 of 15,474

BruceCM

Huh, it's Nintendo, @MarioBrickLayer .... Watch them try to make ALL the Mario games on Switch tie into the movie! "You've seen the film, now here's the games ......"

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

It's so exciting, Legends Arceus is only 2 days away which means Direct could be next week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It's so exciting, Legends Arceus is only 2 days away which means Direct could be next week.

@Grumblevolcano

Hasn't February 21st been the date all the tinfoil hat folk have been pointing towards?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@Magician No it’s February 30th, Nintendo gonna go all out on that date. Just wait and see!

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NintendoByNature

If nintendo sees its shadow on Feb 2, 6 more weeks of no direct.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@Magician 21st is a Monday so seems unlikely.

Honestly I noticed something weird, I loaded up Mario Party Superstars today and the Daily Challenge stars weren't reset despite it doing so in previous weeks.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@NintendoByNature The problem is every day Nintendo wakes up, it's the same day being forced to repeat forever. Unless Nintendo can break this cycle, all future Directs are cancelled.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NintendoByNature

@FragRed nintendamned...we're in direct hell at the moment and 'I got you babe' is playing on repeat.

NintendoByNature

FragRed

@NintendoByNature The only way to break the cycle is to understand how to have a modern fully functional online system in line with competition. I fear we maybe here for many decades.

Sisilly_G

FragRed wrote:

With the new Mario movie coming at the end of the year, I am wondering whether Nintendo will release a game to coincide with its launch.

I doubt it. We didn't get a new Detective Pikachu game (or a port of the 3DS game to Switch) when that released, and same of the Sonic movie. Nintendo's brands already have a strong presence on Switch and there are plenty of Mario/Pokémon games to go around without making a game specifically to promote the movie, but timing a new Mario game to coincide with the movie certainly wouldn't hurt either.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

VoidofLight

@X-Slayer Every day someone says a direct is coming, they move it back a week, like the people on the island in Persona 5 S, who move the calendar back a day so no one visits a hidden research lab.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

NinChocolate

@Silly_G Both Pokémon and Sonic have been cross media franchises with TV shows and correlating games. Not franchises I would say having nothing to with watching something and then playing a game of the same name or theme. If Nintendo can have kids watch a movie and then see the game and buy a Switch to play it, they’ll do it. Having Mario Odyssey as the latest Mario to be marketed with when a new movie is out seems like poor planning regardless of it still being on store shelves to buy just in case you were waiting for a movie to do so

NinChocolate

Sisilly_G

@NinChocolate : Considering that Nintendo is still marketing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (soon to be an 8 year old game) and that it continues to dominate the charts in key markets, I don't think Nintendo have anything to worry about as, unlike the likes of say, Ubisoft or Activision, Nintendo doesn't treat their games as being no longer "current" merely because it's been out for a number of months or years and this is reflected in sales figures (though some franchises are less successful in this respect than others). Hell, I see more more TV commercials for years-old Switch games than I do newer ones (Ring Fit Adventure in particular is heavily advertised).

Would it be smart to launch a new game alongside the movie? Sure. But I think such a movie is more of an effort to lure lapsed or non-fans to picking up a Switch rather than drawing existing customers.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

RR529

There'll definitely be a new Mario game out around the time the movie releases that'll probably benefit from it, but only because there is always a Mario (or related) game released during the autumn/holidays, like SMO (2017), Super Mario Party (2018), Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019), Mario Kart Live Home Circuit (2020), & Mario Party Superstars (2021) before it.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Greatluigi

I’ve been seeing people saying that the Nintendo direct might happen in February

Greatluigi

NinChocolate

@Silly_G Nintendo can market past standalone games but they are very adept at cross media as many such franchises grace their consoles at least in Japan. A movie that expands their brand is one such opportunity. Doubtless there will be merchandise, toys, apparel, etc. If they are scheduling new games at the same time as releasing a movie, why wouldn’t they have those things talking to each other?

NinChocolate

Magician

It took a little while, but Skul: The Hero Slayer is finally up on AmazonNA.
https://www.amazon.com/Skul-Hero-Slayer-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano There’s no big games from Nintendo themselves in February is there? I feel like now Pokemon is out the way and with quarterly financials coming in real soon, it’s a good time to do a Direct.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic