Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 4,706

Mansa

Well, don't say that story have better dlc anymore. Because GUESS WHAT? You can special, pre customized palamutes in Stories and now, you can get special, pre customized palamutes in Rise as well. XD

Version 3.0, I'm already dying from excitement...

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Joeynator3000

VoidofLight wrote:

I kind of wish they'd add some more monsters to Rise, but I think that they're done until they release a G-Rank expansion.

sighs
They have to give us something more before the expansion, they can't end it on Valstrax...At least give us Amatsu, Dalamadur...or even Akantor and Ukanlos...also I was hoping for some guest monsters. Guessing that's not happening...go figure. Was really hoping for Ridley...would've been awesome.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

I don't understand the greed I see with MH Rise.

We got more monsters than base World got, and we got 50% more DLC monsters than base World got, and all I see is disappointment that it's "not enough".

Like holy crap. Really?

I could understand if it was the other way around- if we got less monsters at launch and fewer DLC monsters added. But as it stands, I don't get it. Monsters are done. G rank will add more, and DLC for G rank will add more. I expect another 20 monsters from Ultimate and another 5, at the minimum, as DLC. Right now we've got all our monsters for base game and we're in the collaboration era.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH Idk what people don't understand, you get the game, you play the game, your done with game, you come back every now and again for event quest, you play G rank, repeat, Its not that hard you guys LMAO.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MisterMan

I think people might be comparing the post launch of Rise to World. World did a better job of adding DLC that was challenging and encouraged people to come back and challenge themselves. It's hard to argue that the events in Rise have been anything but a letdown.

MisterMan

Snatcher

@MisterMan Two different teams.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

MisterMan

@Snatcher yeah, it's also two different games. I'm just saying that's where the comparison is coming from.

MisterMan

Snatcher

@MisterMan Oh ok.

VoidofLight

I just was thinking we’d get more monsters. Not a huge dealbreaker or anything though.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

I get wanting more endgame. But we also need to be realistic, and I think, appreciative of the 9 additional monsters they already added. I'm just happy getting any additional free content atm, be it stickers, gestures, outfits or whatever, especially considering everything they've already given us.

My Nergigante Creator's Model came in, and it's stunning with extraordinary detail.

Since I'm sharing, may as well show the others for comparison. Mizutsune is a knock-off, which I knew when I bought it. But it was $120 shipped while the authentic version was over $400. That wasn't happening.

Nergigante
Untitled

Valstrax
Untitled

Glavenus
Untitled

Zinogre
Untitled

Rathalos
Untitled

Tigrex
Untitled

Mizutsune
Untitled

I have the Palamute and Cohoot Creator's Model on pre-order, and... Fatalis. Ya. And that thing is massive. Like 2-3X bigger than these are. Idk where I'm gonna put it. The floor, I guess. Cause it sure as heck isn't gonna fit on the shelf.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Loving Amaterasu and Tsukino…

Untitled

Grumblevolcano

Comparison of a game with previous entries in that game's series is very common. Like the vast majority of the uproar over Animal Crossing New Horizons is because the amount of content is very limited compared to New Leaf (apparently New Horizons is even limited compared to Animal Crossing games before New Leaf).

I do think the rise of live service games over the last generation has kind of blurred the perspective of total content. Launching with less content but having bigger updates gets perceived as more than a very bulky launch with smaller updates when it may not be the case. Of course in the case of New Horizons, it launched with a lot less content and the updates were very small.

From what I can tell the major thing missing in the case of Rise (excluding the inevitable expansion) is the Nintendo collaborations which I think is because of the PC release. Nintendo wanted Rise to be permanently exclusive to Nintendo systems, Capcom wanted multiplatform release and a compromise was made where it came to PC a year later but no Nintendo content in either version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I wouldn't be so sure. I have several theories.

One is that we will see Nintendo crossover content, BUT, it won't come until the expansion DLC. Because the end game doesn't truly start until then, and it will be a major selling point at the very end to appeal to anyone who still hadn't jumped into the base game or expansion.

My second theory, which I don't give as much credence to, is that we won't see Nintendo crossover content, the reason being its simply not needed, as the game is already going to break the record for most units sold on a single platform. It also can be a turnoff for those not in the Nintendo bubble. Seeing game advertised with a bunch of character crossovers you're not familiar with can actually have the opposite effect for certain people, whereas crossovers with Capcom properties on multiple systems can draw in new players.

I do think they could be smarter with Rise collabs though. In World they seemed willing to bankroll massive crossovers with Witcher 3 and stuff to draw in new players, and it kind of feels like they're less willing to afford Rise a similar budget. Perhaps because they feel it's not needed now. World put the series on the map for the masses, and Rise is benefitting from that popularity. It's no longer a series that needs to cross over with every property known to man just to turn heads.

Snatcher

@DomGC I hate you to this day leshen.

VoidofLight

From what I remember hearing, Behemoth was cool, but the hunt was incredibly unfair, since it was using attacks from it's respective game, and spinning up actual tornadoes.

Also, I kind of wish Nergigante was in Rise, but I understand why it isn't.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight That would have been cool.

And yes, You had to have had a team that knew what there were doing, bc it had one shot moves, it had target moves, it had moves that could block off whole areas if you had no idea were to run,
You also needed somebody to distracted it the whole time, and last and not least, right before the damn thing dies it had one final attack, you mess up, maybe there were no Rock by you, or maybe none at all, to bad bc your all losing. **** hated that thing.

VoidofLight

@Snatcher So effectively, it's a Final Fantasy XIV boss in every way imaginable, forced into Monster Hunter.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Pretty much.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic