Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 3,596

FattyWhale_42

@Snatcher Fair enough. I just don't want to encourage unnecessary comments like that. (>^_^)>

AC:NH Name: Aaron — Island: Spinach — Let me know if you send me a friend request.
Game Rules

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Snatcher

@FattyWhale_42 Ya man its cool.

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

Northwind

@FattyWhale_42, sorry about that. I was just more than a bit angry, and it's likely because this is not the first time (nor the second, nor the third) I've had to point out that Jaxon was attacking points no-one actually made. I absolutely rubs me the wrong way when people do that, particularly when it happens over and over from the same person. It's just a rude, dishonest thing to do, and thus I don't feel my anger is particularly unwarranted. But I do apolgise if that line landed as immature.

Edited on by Northwind

I probably have one of the only Nintendo accounts in the world to be able to redownload both the software called 'Sega Mega Drive Classics' and the software called "Sega Ages: Lightening Force."

If you send me a friend request, please @ me so I know who you are. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2552-1615-0522 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

FattyWhale_42

@Northwind I guess I just don't understand the need to refute others opinions — especially on the internet. xD

And if they say something that's incorrect, then it's no different than so much of what you read anyway.

Opinions are fine (and yes, many people act like their opinion is fact), but unless the other individual is open to debate and discussion, then it's ultimately a waste of time — and I don't know about you, but I'm not going to be lying on my deathbed wishing I'd argued with more people on the internet. xD

Edited on by FattyWhale_42

AC:NH Name: Aaron — Island: Spinach — Let me know if you send me a friend request.
Game Rules

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Ryu_Niiyama

@Giancarlothomaz @Ulysses @Northwind @JaxonH Thanks all. Sorry been busy with work.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Northwind

@FattyWhale_42, I mostly am not refuting opinions. I am mostly refuting statements of fact that are probably not true. (Yes, anyone can act like their opinion is a fact - and ngl, that can easily be irritating, particularly when those people feel the need to tell others who don't share that opinion that they're wrong) - but I'm mostly talking about actual statements of fact here. On the rare occasion I try to 'refute an opinion', I only do so because the other person first tried to belittle or dismiss others who didn't share their opinion; additionally, I always try to do so in 'objective' ways (eg. acknowledging that they have a right to hold the opinion but pointing out that the opinion is a minority one and therefore being dismissive of others who don't share it is possibly not the best course of action).

In this case, the main statement I was addressing was 'Giving up join requests wouldn't fix that'; this isn't an opinion, it's a factual statement. It's either true or it's false, and in this case it's probably not true. It's also a 'solution' nobody here ever proposed, so in the context it's also almost surely another straw-man. (Only other real option is that it's a completely out-of-nowhere statement, but that wouldn't make sense and given the history of the poster it seems even less likely.)

Other statements I have attempted to refute include ones like '[Scalpers] account for such a small percentage of total sales [of limited edition items]'. Again, this is not really an opinion (except insofar as one can have different conceptualisations of what a 'small percentage' is, I guess - but in the context it was clearly meant to imply 'objectively small'). And again, in the context this is a statement of fact. And again, no evidence whatsoever was supplied to back it up. And again, it's probably untrue. And there are other examples of the same thing which I could list here too - but I won't, because nobody cares to read the entire list at this point.

And yes, such unsubstantiated statements of fact bother me, even just 'on the internet'. This holds doubly true if the claimer also frequently misrepresents what others have said alongside making such statements. This holds triply true in situations where the claimer seems to have such an entrenched opinion of something that they will try and tell others that their opinions are wrong (which, again, is something I try to never do, and try to do as objectively as possible in the rare cases I do do it, and will only do at all if the other person does so first).

In this case, all of those buttons have been pushed, and pushed repeatedly over the course of the last several months (though, again, it won't happen anymore since we've now both mutually ignored each other). So, yes, I was upset. As I mentioned in my reply to Snatcher above, a bit of Wheaton's Law might have prevented this. Let me assure you, I don't enjoy being angry like this. I also don't think any of the 'buttons' I've listed are particularly unreasonable, even if I admit that I react more strongly than many people would; they're behaviours that I think most people would identify as less than ideal.

What's the old line? Ah, yes:

'Nobody notices when you're being bothered. They only notice when you finally snap.'

Edited on by Northwind

I probably have one of the only Nintendo accounts in the world to be able to redownload both the software called 'Sega Mega Drive Classics' and the software called "Sega Ages: Lightening Force."

If you send me a friend request, please @ me so I know who you are. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2552-1615-0522 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

FattyWhale_42

Northwind wrote:

@FattyWhale_42, I mostly am not refuting opinions. I am mostly refuting statements of fact that are probably not true.

This is what I mean though. At best you're wasting your time; at worst you're arguing against fact.

It seems like that would be a no-win situation.

But hey, that's my opinion on the topic. (>^_^)>

AC:NH Name: Aaron — Island: Spinach — Let me know if you send me a friend request.
Game Rules

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Northwind

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

Northwind wrote:

I mostly am not refuting opinions. I am mostly refuting statements of fact that are probably not true.

This is what I mean though. At best you're wasting your time; at worst you're arguing against fact.

It seems like that would be a no-win situation.

But hey, that's my opinion on the topic. (>^_^)>

I honestly don’t understand what you mean?

If someone makes a statement of fact (not of opinion, with the understanding that these are separate types of statement, one of which is capable of being objectively true or false), and that statement is demonstrably likely to be false...how am I ‘arguing against fact’ by pointing out that it’s likely to be false and why?

ETA: ok, I think maybe I see where the confusion lies. A ‘statement of fact’, as I use the term, doesn’t entail that the statement is true. ‘Pink unicorns are drinking kombucha on the Brooklyn Bridge right now’ would be a statement of fact, because it’s a statement that’s capable of being objectively true or false (even if nobody here can know for certain which it is). A ‘statement of fact’ is just a term used to contrast against a ‘statement of opinion’, which cannot be true or false in any objective manner; a statement of fact is not necessarily true or representative of reality.

Edited on by Northwind

I probably have one of the only Nintendo accounts in the world to be able to redownload both the software called 'Sega Mega Drive Classics' and the software called "Sega Ages: Lightening Force."

If you send me a friend request, please @ me so I know who you are. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2552-1615-0522 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

Ulysses

Northwind wrote:

There are surely ways to prevent join request from ruining the lobby experience without getting rid of it entirely

Honestly, the only thing I want to add to this topic is that I don't think Capcom will ever remove SOS/Join Request. They've opened Pandora's box, and it's here to stay.

The only thing Capcom can do now to mitigate SOS vs Lobbies is to improve the lobby experience so much that it's too enjoyable to ignore.

Capcom could bring back Loc Lac City, reimagined and bigger than ever. Tons of players connecting together in the same lobby, and more items can be traded than ever before. Even monster materials can be traded to create a mini item economy where players can get together to trade materials. If RE Engine can handle all the big monsters together in a Rampage, then it can handle Frontier-esque lobbies with tons of players running about. Add lots of fun things to do in the lobbies, like how you could arm wrestle in past games. Lots of exclusive vendors trading hard-to-find items, even exclusive quests found in certain lobby guild halls.

I don't know. Just, make online lobbies so fun that people want to go and join in on the fun! That's the only thing Capcom can do now for future content.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Northwind

@Ulysses, completely agree. Nobody here has actually suggested getting rid of SOS - because, while that would probably fix the issues, it's probably not feasible and everyone knows that. Anyone trying to frame this discussion around why getting rid of SOS is a bad idea, is being intellectually dishonest; nobody here is suggesting that, so arguing against it is at best a straw man (and at worst nonsensical).

ETA: I do love all your ideas, though! A new Loc Lac would be amazing!

Edited on by Northwind

I probably have one of the only Nintendo accounts in the world to be able to redownload both the software called 'Sega Mega Drive Classics' and the software called "Sega Ages: Lightening Force."

If you send me a friend request, please @ me so I know who you are. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2552-1615-0522 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

Northwind

Untitled

I probably have one of the only Nintendo accounts in the world to be able to redownload both the software called 'Sega Mega Drive Classics' and the software called "Sega Ages: Lightening Force."

If you send me a friend request, please @ me so I know who you are. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2552-1615-0522 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

FattyWhale_42

@Northwind My point was, say you are 100% correct; what did you accomplish? Did anyone change their mind (kind of hard considering the person you were refuting won't see it — and you know that)? Was it worth your time to type all that?

But say that you're actually wrong (even if it is unlikely to be the case in a particular instance), then you'd be arguing against a fact (even if the reasoning was sound).

Besides, I have no issues with you giving opinions, or refuting statements from others. I would just prefer that you leave the unnecessary remarks out of it, is all I'm saying.

I hope that makes my original point a little more clear to understand.

(You don't need to reply to this. I've made my point to the level I'm going to, so either way let's move on and get back to hunting monsters.) (>^_^)>

AC:NH Name: Aaron — Island: Spinach — Let me know if you send me a friend request.
Game Rules

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Northwind

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

@Northwind My point was, say you are 100% correct; what did you accomplish? Did anyone change their mind (kind of hard considering the person you were refuting won't see it — and you know that)? Was it worth your time to type all that?

But say that you're actually wrong (even if it is unlikely to be the case in a particular instance), then you'd be arguing against a fact (even if the reasoning was sound).

Besides, I have no issues with you giving opinions, or refuting statements from others. I would just prefer that you leave the unnecessary remarks out of it, is all I'm saying.

I hope that makes my original point a little more clear to understand.

(You don't need to reply to this. I've made my point to the level I'm going to, so either way let's move on and get back to hunting monsters.) (>^_^)>

I mean, it bothers me. And even if I admit that I know it bothers me more than most people, I still say I don't feel it's unreasonable to be bothered by it. The behaviours I cited, taken together, are ones I feel most people would agree are not ideal behaviours for public forums; they are behaviours that have a high likelihood of being bothersome to someone, and I the reasons why are fairly self-explanatory, I feel. Even then, I didn't type a whole long thing immediately. It took months of the same bothersome and insulting behaviours before I finally 'snapped' and typed out that whole long thing, and then Ignored the person. (If it's not clear by now, I really do not like Ignoring people. I know people have bad days, and I try to be respectful of that. In multiple years on this site, I have only ever Ignored around half a dozen people, and around half of those were people who only commented on articles, not in these forums. It is actually really tough to get me to Ignore you.)

So, asking whether it was 'worth it' seems to me to be a loaded question - since I really would rather not have been driven to the point that I felt the need to do that at all, and really only did it because the final straw had been dropped. I was angry. I don't enjoy being angry like that, and I don't reach that point often. It's tough to get me to that point. That said, I do apologise again for acting like an angry person would, just because I was angry.

Now I'm asking myself: even though this has been a rare occurrence - even though this only happens when the same bothersome behaviour has been repeated over and over, to the point I can no longer shrug it off - how can I prevent it from happening in the future? I could Ignore people more often, I suppose. But I don't really like that solution, since it has a real potential to result in a knee-jerk when someone has just had a bad day. Rather, the best solution my undernourished brain can come up with right now is simply to minimise my participation in the forums, at least for now - which is, actually, a fine solution with minimal drawbacks, given that I'm currently on hiatus from this game anyway (for reasons I've previously mentioned) and I don't often comment in the topics for many other games I play.

So, I think I'll do that. This is nothing against you (nor, for that matter, against anyone who can see this post), but this whole experience has been unpleasant for me - and surely for others here too - in a manner that rarely occurs elsewhere in these forums. Out of fairness to others, if for no other reason, I think I am just going to step out for a while.

I probably have one of the only Nintendo accounts in the world to be able to redownload both the software called 'Sega Mega Drive Classics' and the software called "Sega Ages: Lightening Force."

If you send me a friend request, please @ me so I know who you are. Cheers!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2552-1615-0522 | My Nintendo: Northwind | Twitter:

TeeJay

New event quest!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ulysses

@TeeJay Are they really being dropped each week then?! @JaxonH was right!

New stickers, emotes, and titles are fun ways to make event quests special, but I also hope Capcom gets a little silly with the parameters! I would love some ridiculously giant monsters, or something crazy about the monster, like spamming a certain attack way too much. I think it would be fun to mix it up and have the event quest monsters be special in some way! In fact, they could give one monster someone else's attack, like giving Kushala's dragon stomping attack to Kulu Yaku! That would be hilarious.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Snatcher

@Ulysses Do you think they game will have even't monster's? Probably not bc how much people hateded in world but hey, maybe.

People keep talking about apex monsters, but know one talking about the apex Zinorgre, that's the one I really want to fight.

And also, I keep seeing peopel around complaining about the fact apex monster's don't have armor, and the dev's are just being lazy. Here come closer, let me tell you somthin, The were not meant to be played outside of rampage's that or there still working on it, ether way I find it stupid that people were begging them to add the damn thing's outside of Rampage, then they do and all of a sudden, capcom Is SOOOOOOO lazy.

A sky with stars so bright the colors feel so right I nev, Uh I mean. I'm a Among us plus sonic fan. I have also been playing a unheathy amount of MHR (Don't try to stop me)

JaxonH

The inability to respect the opinions of others, even when shared in good faith in an earnest attempt to engage in friendly conversation, lashing out with “refutations of wrong-think” against the observations of others, viewing anyone with an opinion divergent from their personal dogma as “an enemy” and thus justifying hostility and insults, are precisely why some people will remain on the ignore list.

Most people here see each other as friends and enjoy the debate and conversation, but unfortunately there will always be a few who see anyone with an opinion which threatens their own as an adversary that must be dealt with. This stems from what seems to be an innate need to always be right, inextricably linking one’s ego to never being wrong. Thus, any opinion shared which makes such a person feel insecure, perceiving their POV may lose credibility in the sight of others in lieu of the newly shared perspective, results in anger and a compulsory need to marginalize and dismiss the shared opinion, even insulting or slandering the person who shared it. I wish we could filter our community of such unwarranted hostility and hatred, but the ignore list is the best we have at the moment.

@TeeJay
Shall we?

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
PC: MH World
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns, Super Metroid
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, MH Stories 2, too many others to list…

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

JaxonH

@Ulysses
I’m sure they will add at least one. Even MH4U had a quest with miniature Uragaan that hit like a truck.

Most will likely be normal types of quests though, judging by the majority of event quests from games prior. My thing is, when you jump straight into an Ultimate version, all the event quests from the base game and the Ultimate version combined make for a substantial addition of content. When you’re playing them as you go, one per week or whatever, it won’t seem like nearly as much. Whoever picks up this game 2 years from now after all the updates, event quests, DLC expansion, expansion updates and expansion event quests are going to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of content.

I’m just hoping they add some crossover content beyond the 3.0 update (or in the update, I suppose that would work too, but I’m not expecting it). Not just Nintendo crossover content, but crossover content from Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, etc. I desperately want to ride Rush as my Palamute with Mega Man as my palico. And the Okami doggo would be perfect. Maybe even Wolf Link Palamute with Midna felyne. Idk. So many possibilities.

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
PC: MH World
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns, Super Metroid
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, MH Stories 2, too many others to list…

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

Remember folks; hunt the monsters, not each other.

Also, yes, bring me collabs. Past collabs, new collabs, whatever. But let's not have the palamutes and palicos hog all the fun. How's about some Mega Man X or Zero armour? Or Strider with Option B palamute (it's a panther, but eh, details).

Bringing back the Link and Samus stuff from 4U / Generations would be nice. And I think Generations already had a Strider set, and an Arthur set (the latter for palicos).

And remember, Monster Hunter did "Ryu with a gun" first.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

TeeJay

Ah, sorry @JaxonH but that event dropped as I was headed to work. Turns out it was low rank anyway. Ah well.

I'm sure we'll get our share of cool collab events. It's a Monster Hunter game, they never fail to do so.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic