Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,081 to 3,100 of 4,706

Snatcher

@Ulysses I feel like rampages suck for solo play.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

mr_somewhere

@Ulysses I imagine that's why I see so many complaints about Rampage quests online. In all truth they are abysmal solo, I just don't get any enjoyment at all so I understand the perspective but at the same time they are such an absolute blast with a good team it makes me wonder how willing some have been to actually give it a proper shot.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

MisterMan

The issue I have with rampages is the lack of difficulty which just makes them very boring.. I think it's impossible to fail these. Even playing with friends is OK for one hunt every once in awhile, but doing any more than that is a hard pass for me.

MisterMan

Ulysses

@DomGC Is Stormsoul the new end boss upgrade? What does it do?

Ulysses

JaxonH

How often do ppl fail normal quests? Hardly ever. But they’re still fun.

Rampage quests are no different. They’re still fun. It’s the experience of combat that’s entertaining regardless. Plus, it’s score based and reward based which makes it addicting. Trying to get a perfect rank and tons of rewards keeps the loop enticing. That and the absolute insanity of no-holds-barred street brawl combat.

I’m not too big a fan of rampages solo, simply because all of the aggro is toward you, but I managed to S rank Apex Zinogre solo and it wasn’t bad by any means. It just wasn’t nearly as entertaining or exciting as when you have a friend or two with you. Rampages truly are MP-centric... that’s where they shine. But what’s nice about them is if you need to get one done and you don’t have anybody else they’re totally doable solo and still reasonably enjoyable if you just need to do one here or there by yourself. But I wouldn’t want to repeatedly play rampages solo. When I have a friend though, I can play them back to back all day long.

@DomGC
That armor could prove useful. I bet some good charge blade sets could be made mixing and matching, since both sets give points toward the skill that increases other skill points.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH I'm going to put down the charge blade for a bit and go back to my OG main, I haven't played them in years, you know them, the twin swords, dual blades, I'm going to go with a full Valstrax armor set with the Val weapons, if not narg.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

MisterMan

@JaxonH People do fail regular quests though and literally no one ever fails a rampage. Some of the best moments of a multiplayer hunt are when you're down 2 carts and you're in the final moments of the hunt. Rampages don't have any of that and I'm not sure what they really offer because the gameplay itself is just a chaotic mess with nothing on the line and the monsters just strolling like oblivious robots. There's so much that makes MH a great game and I just find that Rampages doesn't bring any of that to the table.

MisterMan

Tendo64

JaxonH wrote:

How often do ppl fail normal quests? Hardly ever. But they’re still fun.

I failed the great izuchi one three times last night, before turning the game off in frustration. Have read it's one of the easiest quests there is too. #winning

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Snatcher

@Tendo64 Not everyone plays MH the same, and thats ok, some people will find one quest easy, and some will find it hard, Like I thimk the Rajing is easy, But its known for being a hard fight.

JaxonH

@MisterMan
Ya that’s true, ppl do fail normal quests sometimes, but let’s be honest. It’s rare. Very rare. I haven’t failed a single quest in my 400 hours playing the game. I’ve carted a few times but I haven’t failed a single quest. I didn’t fail a single quest in World, either.

There might be the occasional new player who doesn’t have a clue what they’re doing (like this person above who failed the first quest- they are not a representative sample), but the overwhelming majority of players rarely fail quests, if ever.

I’m not trying to claim rampages aren’t harder to fail. But I am pointing out that most players probably fail less than 1% of normal quests. And if you extrapolate that proportion to a dozen rampage quests, is it any wonder you don’t fail any of them? Failing quests just isn’t a common thing. Furthermore, failing rampages IS possible. I very nearly failed the Apex Zinogre rampage I did 2 days ago. That gate was a hairs breath away from crashing down, torn to near shambles. So it’s not like you can’t fail. You absolutely can.

Clearly you don’t like rampages, and that’s fine, but I completely disagree, and I think they’re the best new addition to monster hunter (besides the big two- wirebug, palamutes), and I’m incredibly grateful they ditched the old sieges in favor of the exciting, thrilling and adrenaline pumping rampages.

They are muah! So good. But hey, don’t like em, don’t play em.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Tendo64
I’m not referring to you. You are not a statistical representation of the population of players. You’re a new player who doesn’t know what you’re doing and failed your first real quest (no disrespect, just sayin). Had you been playing a rampage you would have failed that too.

I’m referring to players who are familiar with and know how to play the game.

Edited on by JaxonH

Tendo64

JaxonH wrote:

@Tendo64
I’m not referring to you. You are not a statistical representation of the population of players. You’re a new player who doesn’t know what you’re doing and failed your first real quest (no disrespect, just sayin). Had you been playing a rampage you would have failed that too.

I’m referring to players who are familiar with and know how to play the game.

lol.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Have you seen the rampage dual blades? You can assign a different element on each blade. The only ones in the game that currently do that are Khezu, I believe. Maybe Teostra also?

But ya. Super dope. One of the reasons I need to do some more Apex Zinogre rampages and get those Defender 9 tickets.

Snatcher

@JaxonH OOOO, I didn't know that, I better check em out.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Think you have to level them up to max to get the elements and status but I could be wrong.

You can essentially assign any element or status to either blade, effectively customizing them however you prefer.

I want a dragon + blast set of dual blades. And Fire + water. And poison + paralysis. Thunder + Dragon is also a great combo.

TeeJay

Oh.

The Proof of Power quest is actually really difficult. Hmm. May need to come at this with my gunlance for some sort of protection. It's just an onslaught of attacks every which way.

EDIT: DID IT. Phew. But now...

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Well!

That final quest took me nearly 40 minutes to complete but it's done! I have conquered it.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@TeeJay Welp, I guess I'm going to Max out the Valstrax armor.

JaxonH

@TeeJay
You still playing? Wanna hunt? I still have the 5 advanced quests to do, and maybe do some Valstrax?

Snatcher

@JaxonH I haven't even started on them things, been to busy with Val, all though I did get a spoiler Thanks to screen rant, so uh thanks for that screen rant.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic