Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 4,706

Ulysses

@Tyranexx
In one of the latest interviews, the director said depending on the skill level ranging from veteran to novice, the playtime should be roughly 20-40 hours, IIRC.

Ulysses

Ulysses

Unlike World, Monster Hunter Rise feels like quintessential Monster Hunter Portable. I can say this with absolute confidence immediately after playing this demo.

It is hard to quantify, but with subtleties like character models, camera angle, depth of field, map design, HUD, etc etc., MHRise looks and feels exactly like classic portable Monster Hunter. I began with MHFreedom 1 on PSP, and have played each installment for many hours growing up, so for me, there is an intuitive feel to how a Portable title looks and plays in your hands.

Between Rise being built from the ground up for a handheld combined with the fact that it was developed by the B Team who handled Unite, Portable 3rd, etc., MHRise simply feels familiar and comfortable like the classic Monster Hunter that I have known and loved unlike MHWorld, and even MHTri to a certain extent.

Everything feels right with it. I seriously can't wait for release.

Ulysses

Pho

I've been playing around with different weapons. Beat both Rathian and Mizutsune in one go with the Switch Axe, and beat Mizutsune very fast with the Hunting Horn first try. Thisll be my first Monster Hunter (I had 3 Ultimate on 3DS but wasnt a fan so it doesnt count) and so far I'm thinking of using Hunting Horn, maybe Bow, still undecided on a few weapon types

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Tyranexx

@Ulysses Sounds about what I was banking on then. Going by my skill level and how easy it is for me to get sidetracked, I'm guessing it'll take me at least 40-50 hours lol. Thanks for the response!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

We’re into single digits now, fellow hunters. Single digits!

https://countdowngrid.com/c/monster-hunter-rise/

@xPH03N1Xx86
That’s pretty impressive for being a new Hunter. You’re gonna do just fine.

Cant blame you for not getting into MH3U. The first time I played it, I quit after the first hour because all I had done was talk in the village with tons of dialog and gather mushrooms on a quest where I didn’t know what I was doing. It wasn’t until after a coworker bought a Wii U just to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and offered to play online, that I actually fought a real monster and got immediately hooked on the gameplay. The older titles were hard games to get into. But if you did invest the time they turned out to be really great games.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pho

@JaxonH I figure it was more trying to handle the controls on a 3DS, but that was quite some time ago so I'm not sure anymore.
Really enjoy the demo tho, according to my profile I've put more than 10 hours into it. Cant wait for the 26th

Poyo! <3

JaxonH

Switch Lite (any color) is available with $20 promo discounts at several retailers, including Amazon. $180 entry to gain access to Monster Hunter Rise if anyone doesn’t yet have a Switch (or, just wants a pocketable version for MH on the go).

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Gray/dp/B07V2BBMK...

@JustMe
I cancelled all my Amazon orders and just kept my BestBuy and GameStop orders, so Idk. But I do know there is no early release like Persona 5 Strikers.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pho

A little off topic but I decided to redownload MH3U and give it another go until Rise, give it a fair shot. Appreciating it better now, especially since I'm on a New 3DS XL. Its been a quiet year for me for games, I dont think I've bought any games as of yet this year. I did emulate all of Xenosaga though, loved it.
But anyways. Going to use the Hunting Horn to get better used to it for when Rise comes out.

Poyo! <3

TeeJay

Gamestop charged me for my MonHun Switch. It's a lock. I'm trying to keep myself from counting the days by staying distracted with Crash 4, which I just got a couple days ago, and some other stuff on PC like 30XX.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

Oh my gosh.

The hype is so real right now I can hardly think of anything else! Mario 3D World is serving as a distraction, but only in bursts between daydreaming about MH Rise

gcunit

UK hunters should be pre-ordering from Shopto.net - £34.85 for the version with the steel book and keyrings.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Snatcher

I'm pretty sure I'm getting this game next month But idk.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
For most games, I'm with ya. It's easy to write those games off until they're just about to be released.

But this is Monster Hunter. A brand new Monster Hunter... on Switch... open world maps... post-MH World QoL... wirebugs... palamutes... wyvern riding... oh my!

I've tried to contain myself, otherwise the last 5 months would have been unbearable. But we're officially 7 days from release. I just... can't... do it anymore. I'm ready to explode!

Tyranexx

JaxonH wrote:

I've tried to contain myself, otherwise the last 5 months would have been unbearable. But we're officially 7 days from release. I just... can't... do it anymore. I'm ready to explode!

Someone put this poor guy into cryogenic sleep until Thursday, STAT!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Tyranexx I can steal souls but not much else.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

It’s been a long time since I woke up to the feeling of opening presents Christmas morning. It’s really something you only do as a kid. After that you just start handing out presents on Christmas Eve after dinner.

But I’m getting too old for these midnight releases. I did it for MH4U, drove to Walmart in a neighboring county to buy the New 3DS XL and MH4U. By the time I got home it was 1 AM and I played until 4:00 in the morning. Definitely not doing that again.

So I’ll probably go to sleep early Thursday night next week (ooh! Today is Thursday night! This is the last Thursday night we will ever have to spend on this earth without waking up to Monster Hunter Rise existing... think about that), and just wake up early, say 5am, put on a pot of coffee, fire up the Switch, and play all day long. With intermittent rambling in this forum about how great it is, of course 🤣 It’s going to feel like Christmas morning as a kid again. The anxiety of knowing your heart’s desire is waiting for you on the other side of the pillow... it’s going to be legendary

Edited on by JaxonH

Mountain_Man

I preordered from GameStop a while ago. No idea when the game will actually ship. I didn't pay for the exorbitant "release day guarantee" shipping fee (an extra $15!), so it'll get here when it gets here. I'm patient.

The Mountain Man

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH have you seen the unboxing of the deluxe edition of the game? That amiibo is a biggun.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Ya, I saw that earlier today actually.

It’s larger than expected. For some reason I thought it was gonna be super miniaturized. It looks good. As does the collectors box. I just hope at least one of mine comes undamaged.

They’re so lucky, getting the game early. I’m not sure if I want to admit this, but I spent at least 20 minutes today spamming the A button on the preloaded game, hoping I’d get lucky and it would unlock early. like you hear sometimes with stories about games that were accidentally released early for a short time frame. I also tried various button combinations while starting it to see if they had programmed secret shortcut to unlock a game (kinda like holding L when redownloading software only downloads base game and not the DLC). Who knows what other secrets are hidden in the switch OS. No luck though. Resorted to just playing the demo again.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Try the Konami Code (I’m kidding).

I’m not excited yet (I have explained that monhun has yet to click) but I will be happy to have this launch behind me. I will say I am optimistic. Part of what drew me to toukiden was the feudal Japan inspired setting and since this game is more Japanese looking, I hope it clicks. I think the monster riding mechanic is novel though.

I’m not an Otaku (at least not a modern one) but some artstyles fit certain game types for me. I can play Nioh and Sekiro all day but dark souls and bloodborne don’t work for me.

At least I get pretty amiibo and a pin out of this no matter what.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic