Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 1 Remastered

Posts 381 to 400 of 433

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike Ing Webtrap's the right one, it blocks you from exiting the room but disappears when the fight is over.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

Now I'm just hunting down the remaining artifacts and I think I'm close to finishing up soon.

NintendoByNature

RR529

Arrived at Phazon Mines last night.

Might hold off on playing it until the weekend that way I can be sure & have the time to properly sit down & devote myself to it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Mrkittyhead

I was hoping to get through the game with zero deaths, but Ridley got me at the end.😕 It was super fun though! I didn’t realize that Metroid Prime was an actual enemy; I thought it was just a cool name for the series. Also, I ended the game with 84%, but I got what I thought was the 100% ending. Does anyone know why that would be? Is the Samus face reveal part of then end whether or not you get everything? Now that I’ve seen the Samus face reveal, is it worth getting the other ending, or is it just Samus without the Power Suit?

Mrkittyhead

Grumblevolcano

@Mrkittyhead Samus face reveal is part of the normal ending and the 100% ending is story related. That's the best I can describe 100% ending without spoiling it.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

@Mrkittyhead @Grumblevolcano Best way to put it without spoiling is it's an extra cutscene that's a sequel hook for Prime 2.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Shadow_Dancer

I’ve completed all the 2d Metroids but never played any of the Prime games. I watched my friends finish Prime on the GameCube but seeing him scan everything just for the 💯% just put me off. Maybe I will get it when it goes on sale.

There’s nothing on the telly except a nice vase

NintendoByNature

I've made it to the impact crater. Excited to see how this shakes out.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Finally did it. Took me 4 tries. That last section was a real pain, especially with no save in between sections. Loved every bit it, and plan on going to MP2 at some point when I have some time.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I beat Metroid Prime Remastered.

What a great final boss fight. I'd forgotten how incredible it is.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Colonel_Mustache
Was this your first time playing the game?

@NintendoByNature
I know this was your first time. Had you played any 2D Metroid games before this? Would you say the game lived up to your expectations and hype?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH I've played all the 2d outings, with only NOT beating the original. Even for an NES nerd such as myself, it's too archaic to play through. Metroid II was decent fun though with a guide. I thought it was great, and lived up to the hype. Great power ups and enemies + boss fights. I only got lightly frustrated at the last boss and flipping from one visor to the next. It was a little chaotic, but not overwhelming. It has that same feeling like OoT has going from 2d to 3d. It's everything you love about the series, but so much larger.

NintendoByNature

BookhouseBoy

I finished the game today and I know I'll be in the minority saying this but think it's possibly the most overrated game of all time.

I found the whole experience horrible to play from start to finish. I was running around countless times not knowing where to go. The world was inspired, drab and a chore to walk and backtrack through and the bosses were a never-ending slog.

I know I'm probably supposed to imagine that I'm back in 2002 while playing this game but I just think it's aged horribly and not fun at all to play in 2023.

Safe to say I won't be bothering with the other games if they are remastered or re-released and will now hesitate before buying metroid prime 4.

BookhouseBoy

CJD87

@ActionPanther I got MP Remaster on release, having never played on GC. I absolutely adore Dread, which is one of my favorite games on Switch...

I gave a couple of hours to Prime, and it really didn't click for me - to the point where I've temporarily shelved it (hoping to revisit though and give it another chance).

I appreciate that the remastered efforts are fairly immaculate, and can objectively see why some people would love it. But for me, it just lacked everything that I loved about Dread.

So I actually picked up Metroid Fusion in place of Prime, playing on NSO.... and really enjoyed it! I finished Fusion yesterday and genuinely liked the linearity, plot, shorter length etc. Not to mention that some of the boss battles are genuinely challenging (similar to Dread).

Complaining about backtracking in Metroid games is probably a bit divisive, but honestly the backtracking I experienced in Prime felt like a slog at times (vs. Fusion/Dread, where backtracking seems to be minimal... and quite quick in most cases).

I might player Super next, and then try to revisit Prime. It is really frustrating when you really really want to like a game, but it doesn't click

CJD87

BookhouseBoy

@CJD87 Yeah, having played Prime now, I'm firmly of the opinion that the 2D Metroid games are superior in every conceivable way.

I don't mind backtracking in games but I felt that the backtracking and having re-battle the same enemies, annoying chozo ghosts and metroids. Like you said, backtracking in 2D Metroid games is never that much of a slog.

I think I just expected the game to be a lot better than it was. Definitely wasn't the 2D to 3D transition moment like Mario 64 and Zelda OOT for me.

BookhouseBoy

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Right!

And as much as I love the 2D entries (and believe me, I do love them to death, specifically Dread and Fusion), I think I prefer Prime because it's able to insert you into the atmosphere in a way the 2D games simply cannot. It's a joy just wandering around the world. Just being in the game world feels so intoxicating.

One of my greatest joys playing when I was younger was memorizing certain destructable rocks I couldn't yet blow up, doors I couldn't yet open, puzzles I couldn't yet solve, then circling back later after a power up to hit all the new areas I could now explore and puzzles I could now solve. Almost an Etrian Odyssey like appeal, where you map out the secrets in your mind. And the better you are at doing that, the more progress you'll make in upgrading your energy tanks, missiles and power bombs.

Admittedly, modern gaming has pampered me to the extent I didnt spend nearly as much time seeking out newly accessible areas as when I was younger. Before entering Impact Crater I remembered an area I hadn't explored yet, and while younger me would have immediately set off for it, current me said eh, I've got enough life tanks, missiles and power bombs.

But that's also one of the best aspects. You can explore or not explore as much as you want.

@Colonel_Mustache
It's so good with the new controls. Graphics are superb, but it's the new controls that really make this game feel flawless. It's good that you waited, as I've known more than one person who was turned off due to the inadequate control schemes of prior entries.

Ralizah

Metroid Prime is extremely fun until close to the end, when it destroys the pacing by forcing you to engage in the world's most annoying fetch quest with the Artifacts. It's super impressive for such an old game, but I've never felt inspired to play the sequels over the years. I'm hoping to make time for the trilogy before MP4 is released, though. Or at least the second and third games, which I'm unfamiliar with.

The mainline 2D titles vary in quality, from unplayable (first two games on NES and Game Boy), to alright (Super) to good (Samus Returns) to great (Fusion) to near perfection (Zero Mission and Dread). In general, those games improved with time.

Didn't like Prime Hunters at all, and still need to get to Other M.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheBigBlue

Fission Metroids can go to hell.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic