Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis Aces

Posts 281 to 300 of 311

Judi

Is anyone having issues with the Rating in online tournaments? It seems like whenever I win now, I only get 1-5 points, but when I lose even to someone with a rating 1000+ above mine i drops like a rock.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

bluemage1989

Had Mario Tennis for a while now and have some thoughts.

Adventure mode is great, a bit short, but great. The challenges were not particularly challenging other than Kameks which is the only one I haven't done but its fun. The story is pretty simple stuff but some of Toads writing is really good. I think that five areas were fine but they could have put a few more challenges in each one as really the likes of The Savage Sea were passable in no time at all.

Tournent was really fun but it was a shame there was only 3. I know there's supposed to be one per court type but some tournaments based on the other courts in adventure mode would have been nice. I'll probably end up finishing each tournament with each character with time but its not a rush.

Multiplayer has been good so far I think the wife and myself will have quite a few hours with this over time. The kids have enjoyed Swing Mode.

Can't fault the presentation its a good looking game everything is bright and Mario-y.

The core tennis gameplay has been awesome. Really awesome.

bluemage1989

Introspect

Think this may be the next game I get. Seems like a lot of fun. They are also adding more online features, from what I've heard.

Introspect

EvilLucario

@Introspect It really is a lot of fun. The gameplay is extremely well-polished and a ton of fun to play around with. Easily worth the $60 for me on that front alone.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

Great game. Already got 65 hours in

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Kinoen

Finally got news about Birdo, there's a much needed plus for the game.

Kinoen

OorWullie

I've put 55 hours into it so far and I'll be playing it for a long time to come, love it. I haven't really bothered with Adventure Mode though,played a little bit but found it a bit of a chore. For me the Online tournaments is where it's at. It never gets boring. If you are matched with a similar skilled opponent I think it has some of the most intense and enjoyable gaming of any sports game I've ever played. I fancy myself as being pretty good at it but I've been coming up against some opponents recently as early as the opening rounds where no matter what I do, I'm outwitted,outsmarted, outpointed and outthetournamented.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nateorious

Love this game, but i've been trying to get an opponent for almost 48 hours for the final of a tournament and i cant get a match.

I gave up after an hour of waiting after playing the first 4 rounds in about 20 minutes, and have turned on my switch and game for hour or 2 at a time over last two days and nothing.

not sure if the upcoming paid online has effected it, but that was 2 days ago so no one should have been having any reason to stay off then.

Nateorious

Introspect

You guys sold me. Just picked it up from the eShop.

Hope that gets worked out, @Nateorious

Introspect

1UP_MARIO

@Nateorious I just played 8 hours ago and went to the finals. You shouldn’t wait 48 hours that’s crazy

Nateorious

thanks guys.

im in Australia so its possible i'm in a less populated region, but 48 hours still mental.

i might have to just exit the tourney and start again. i want to win the final ( made a few but always came up against Bowser Jr before he was nerfed and lost ), but i also just wants to play some tennis

Nateorious

OorWullie

@Nateorious I'm in Thailand and usually get matched with Japanese or Koreans. During sociable hours I usually have no problem finding an opponent but during the night I'm lucky to find one. Finding a final opponent though can sometimes be tough at any time.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

We have patch notes for tomorrow's update according to the Switch news channel:

• More new characters will be added one after the other from October onwards
  • A new co-operative online mission mode, Co-op Challenge has been added
  • New outfits and colour-variations of characters are up for grabs as Co-op Challenge prizes
  • Swing mode is now supported in Local Play
  • A new island has appeared in Adventure mode
  • Voice chat support with mobile app Nintendo Switch Online
  • Adjustments have been made to the game balance

The bolded part wasn't mentioned in the Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

Now this sounds great

link3710

Yes, thank goodness, more single player content. If they manage to double it in size by the time they finish these updates, it'll at least feel decent, if not really filling. I wish they'd add harder rematches with the bosses or something...

link3710

EvilLucario

I always figured there was gonna be more single-player content from that Direct because they showed off that clone match again, only in a different setting.

But still, cool. This game deserves way more and I'm happy it's going to get updates it deserves.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Introspect

All this will be in a free update? Nice!

Introspect

rockodoodle

To get the character, you just play in the tournament? Do u have to win? Does tournament last all month?

rockodoodle

EvilLucario

Just went back to Aces and fiddled around with the new Adventure Mode stuff. Not really that interesting, just a rehashing of past challenges except they're endless modes with rankings.

@rockodoodle Just have to participate.

Judi

How are people liking the Co-op Challenge? Personally I think it's pretty rad, a nice change of pace from tournaments, but the connection problems are killing me.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic