Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 701 to 720 of 2,057

kkslider5552000

NintenNinja16 wrote:

Apparently some Target locations now have a demo for Super Mario Odyssey at the Switch demo stations, with the demo appearing to be placed in a section of the Sand Kingdom.

I'll be honest, it would be news for me to even see a Switch demo at a store. I've LITERALLY not seen one.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TuVictus

^^^^ Truth to that, I'm still surprised places like Gamestop and BestBuy don't even have Switch units to demo.

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

About release date, it almost certainly has something to do with the 3rd party games. Nintendo probably let 3rd parties (especially Bethesda) make release choices and worked Super Mario Odyssey release date around them and if worst case scenario happened and delays meant the 3rd parties release their games in 2018 instead of holiday 2017 then Super Mario Odyssey would've been delayed to 17th November (Nintendo Day is a week before Black Friday).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inertiacreep

wtf, gamestop doesnt have a switch demo? I just got my switch from target a few days ago and their demo was the first time i had seen one in person. they had the joycon grip controller, i walked up and picked it up and instantly thought, "this is the sh**tiest controller ive ever held, i am def getting the pro controller" ... then after using the joy cons independently at home i think they make the best controllers ive ever used.....

I hadnt even thought of playing mario for october, because i always like playing games during the seasons... so if that was their intention, they messed up... it should have been set to release earlier like the 18th or 20th or something because once halloween is over, that aspect is not fun anymore.

Inertiacreep

Spoony_Tech

That is the most awesome Nintendo commercial ever!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Scrummer

I love it because, like I said on the NL article, it has that cheesy Nintendo charm and humor that makes them so much fun.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

RaphaBoss

Not sure If anyone noticed, but Mario in this game feels so light when moving and jumping. His running has basicaly no traction needed, his Jump is fast( not a problem for me) and his dive is...huh..he barely sinks after jumping on the water. He quickly recovers to the surface and can jump AGAIN in a split second. Go watch the latest Nintendo minute with Mario on the beach level( forgot name). He can move faster spamming jump on the water instead of swimming. What the heck, he doesn't have any weight, nor has any chalange in his control. In Mario 64 , you felt Mario actualy diving deep in the water with his weight, and even more If at a higher fall. Galaxy also had a decent weight. But this, I am not sure I am liking It. The game is gorgeous , the frame rate is delicious, the levels are cool, but the gameplay feels weird with this Mario barely having any weight into him. What do you guys think?

RaphaBoss

-Juice-

RaphaBoss wrote:

Not sure If anyone noticed, but Mario in this game feels so light when moving and jumping. His running has basicaly no traction needed, his Jump is fast( not a problem for me) and his dive is...huh..he barely sinks after jumping on the water. He quickly recovers to the surface and can jump AGAIN in a split second. Go watch the latest Nintendo minute with Mario on the beach level( forgot name). He can move faster spamming jump on the water instead of swimming. What the heck, he doesn't have any weight, nor has any chalange in his control. In Mario 64 , you felt Mario actualy diving deep in the water with his weight, and even more If at a higher fall. Galaxy also had a decent weight. But this, I am not sure I am liking It. The game is gorgeous , the frame rate is delicious, the levels are cool, but the gameplay feels weird with this Mario barely having any weight into him. What do you guys think?

I mean, I always thought that the way Mario controls in the 3D titles was awful (64 and Sunshine were the worst offenders, as much as I still love them). Besides, jumping on water sounds fun.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Haruki_NLI

The less like 64 the better thanks. I dont need him with weights around his ankles.

But Im curious how you can confirm how the game feels to play, have you actually played it?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MasterWario

I've always gotten used to the way Mario controls in every Mario game. The only stand outs to me are wall jumping in 64 which just always felt weird, and that weird dash mechanic in 64DS which was fine when you got used to it, but was against my inclination to always hold down the run button. I'm sure Odyssey will be fine, this is Nintendo we're talking about. And this is a big title for them too.

I have no idea why people say Sunshine controls were bad. Yeah it wasn't perfect, but there are so many ways to control Mario that you could play the way you felt most comfortable or enjoyed the most.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SLIGEACH_EIRE

2 UK Super Mario Odyssey commercials.

Super Mario Odyssey - A cap-tivating adventure awaits! (Nintendo Switch)

Super Mario Odyssey - Travel the World! (Nintendo Switch)

I want to see these on TV. I've yet to see a single Switch ad of any kind.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

dav2612

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

I want to see these on TV. I've yet to see a single Switch ad of any kind.

You possibly watch the wrong channels. I'm subjected to kids TV in my house and Nintendo seem to regularly advertise in that area. Mostly 3DS but there is the odd Switch ad.

dav2612

FragRed

@dav2612 I ave seen Nintendo advertisements during prime time programming on all kinds of channels. But then I realised who you were responding to and of course he hasn't seen a single Switch advert. If he had done, he couldn't be so negative.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haru17

Well advertising as it's practiced is inherently discriminatory. Just like people profile those they shouldn't out in the real world, Nintendo profiles children as liking their games. The difference is the only harm caused is getting kids to nag their parents for games.

So yeah, watch Disney if you want to see Switch ads. Wouldn't make much sense to put them between Duck Dynasty segments.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Scrummer

Is anyone else going to one of the Super Mario Oddysey buses here in US? (I am, but I'm not saying which one because I don't want to reveal my location...)

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

JaxonH

Odyssey given first review score from Edge

10/10

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH And Edge just doesn't hand out 10's either.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic