Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,142

WoomyNNYes

PSA: a NintendoLife tournament community has been created. Thanks to @VenomousAlbino for starting it. The beauty about the tournament/community is, you don't have the barrier of exchanging friend codes. Once you've entered the tournament code in-game, it's saved to your game, and you can easily check in to see if others are racing. So, it's a more streamlined way race other NL users in MK8D online.

Name: NLife Community
Tournament Code: 5031-0097-8731

NLife Community tournament thread: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/mario_kar...

I tagged you guys because, you were the most recent posters in the MK8D thread, here. @toiletduck @Dogorilla @gcunit @Tasuki

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Tasuki I'll show you necroposting haha. Edit: Oh right, cause I tagged you. Forgive me I wasn't sure you knew about the Nintedolife community tournament. It's the general Mario Kart 8 Deluxe thread, for the Switch. Seems like a good place to announce creating the MK8D NintendoLife community/tournament. I can understand if it looks redundant. It made sense to me at the time.

The other Mario Kart 8 thread is Wii U (blue NL headers and all) and I didn't want to post there and confuse people, because I dont think Wii U and Switch share online MK8 races.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

RainbowLolita13

I have Mario kart 8 deluxe, I like this game very much.

RainbowLolita13

EricSmash026

Hi guys wondering if anyone wants to play Mario kart with me also I have voice chat on the Nintendo switch online app

EricSmash026

Ninfan

Anyone having trouble getting online play with mario kart 8 deluxe.

Ninfan

MarioVillager92

@Ninfan The last time I played online, it worked fine.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Hylian1234

I think that they will scrap mario kart in favour of something like: Nintendo kart. It doesn't make sense to halt mario kart's 8 sales when you can have two sellers. If you want mario kart, you know what to get, if you want something new: get the newer game.

In case that flops they will be like: 'Hey, no, that was a joke, get mario kart 9' for next installment.

Edited on by Hylian1234

Hylian1234

XandertheWise

i never played a Mario Kart game so I was just wondering if Mario Kart 8 "Deluxe" for the Switch is any good to play for a first timer who never played a Mario Kart game?

XandertheWise

WoomyNNYes

Wait, is Rosalina heavyweight class?

I know I could google this, but sometimes you just just want to ask forum friends, rather than gamble with google's impersonal, and often, garbage results.

'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes No one is gonna answer that, would you call a lady fat? ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

@WoomyNNYes Firstly, rude .
Secondly, indeed. I remember seeing in a DYKG video that they made her bigger than she is in Galaxy so that they could have a female heavyweight on the roster back in Wii since all the other HW's were either male or unconfirmed gender. I may have got some things wrong but I think that's the reason (it think it's the video they have on MK8D that it's in).

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@jump @Fizza
I'm really disappointed I couldn't find this on youtube. Stick with it for 2-3 minutes.
https://dai.ly/x126upn

Anti-Matter wrote:

@WoomyNNYes
She was from another planet, probably have higher density.

Yes, perhaps Rosoalina's is from a denser part of the universe, or her planet had less gravity, and therefore, an organism isn't as disavantaged by being heavier.🤔 Touche, Anti-Matter<3

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Ah!, thanks @Fizza. Wow 350 hours in MK8, and I never new Rosalina was an option for heavyweight. I always wanted to use her more, but thougth she was mid-weight class. I will use her more! I've been into the mid-heavies, like Walugi and Donkey Kong. I think they're mid-heavyweight?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

I've always been playing as Mario, only because he's my favorite character ever, lol. I do want to play as Rosalina more often, though.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Fizza

@MarioLover92 My heart lies with light characters personally. My main is Shy Guy, with Toad, Koopa Troopa and Larry bringing up the rear as well.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

XandertheWise

I was playing a little bit of the first race cup the Mushroom Cup I think its called and I won 2 or 3 of the races so far

So, does collecting the coins they unlock faster race karts or whatever?

XandertheWise

MarioVillager92

@Fizza That's cool, I'm more of a middleweight/heavyweight guy based on who I like playing as. I sometimes use Tanooki Mario, Rosalina, or even Peach.

@XandertheWise Yes they do, if you accumulate enough coins throughout all of your races, you'll unlock a random kart part. Coins also increase your top speed, and you can have a maximum of 10 in any race. Anything more than 10 is surplus, but they will still go toward your total coin count.

WoomyNNYes

Anyone want to share a time trial so others can compare, or try to match it? (Or anyone think we should make a separate thread for the topic?)
@tekoii @TheJGG @Snatcher @Eel @Anti-Matter @Jump @Fizza @Tasuki

I spent some time with Mario Kart Statium, 200cc. Unless there's another trick to use, this was my best: 1:16.583. I was surprised to find that using the glider to cut the corner was slightly slower compared to drifting/boosting the final corner.

Fortunately, 30 seconds is just long enough to show one lap & my line with the Switch's clips. 200cc may be more idea to squeeze more of a lap into a 30 second clip, and 200cc speed opens up more shortcuts that can be done without a mushroom.

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic