Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 2,181 to 2,198 of 2,198

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah, the RPGs might just be a tad too daunting for the little ones just starting out... I did have trouble getting into the Pokemon games when I was a kid after all, lol. The mainline Mario platformers, as well as Mario Kart, are the best places to start, I think. That's where I started when I was a child. Then, maybe even try out the Mario Party games. Since everyone's grown up with board games and things like that.

We did, it was a fun mode for sure. I wonder if the next Mario Kart game will have a co-op mode of some kind? Indeed, I did like the All Cup Tour. The only courses that aren't randomized are the first and sixteenth courses - Luigi Circuit and Rainbow Road, respectively. Did you know that there's a team race feature in Mario Kart Wii and 8 Deluxe? I think that's the closest they'll get to having co-op, lol... I don't think that's available in the regular online races, though.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@MarioVillager92 I cut my teeth on platformers, mostly the Mario and Donkey Kong Country variety. Some other genres too (arcade shooters, run & gun, etc.), but none of the others clicked with me as well. At least Nintendo platformers didn't troll me as badly as some Disney properties at the time. But yeah, I agree Mario Kart and Mario platformers are a good starting point.

I think I recall seeing something about the team race feature in MK8D, but I never looked into the specifics. I mostly stick to the campaign stuff, fine trials, and the occasional online session. XD You've explained why those don't appear as options with the online races though.

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch), Pepper Grinder (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

PikminMarioKirby

I believe the TTYD remake has a Mario Kart reference! (Minor TTYD spoilers) there's a song called 'Catch That Egg!' in the remake that I think makes a reference to the Baby Park song from Mario Kart. I think that it's pretty cool! Not sure if anyone else noticed.

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

If the upcoming Nintendo Direct has a Luigi’s Mansion 1 shadow drop I will change my profile picture to a Dorito

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I played the heck out of the Super Mario and Donkey Kong Country games too, same with Yoshi's Island. Heck, I even liked Yoshi's Story when I was a kid. I've played those two genres too, and racing games were also my jam when I was young. Yeah, Nintendo's platformers are generally easier, with the exception of stuff like Lost Levels, lol. In contrast, I still remember getting absolutely destroyed in Sonic 2's Chemical Plant Zone when I first played it as a kid! Ah gotcha, that's fine. I normally play online races every time I play Mario Kart, but I sometimes play in Time Trials as well. I've finished all the Grand Prix cups in MK8D, including the DLC cups.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Tyranexx

@MarioVillager92 Yep, basically games that are easy to jump in and out of and have easy-to-learn controls. As for MK8D, I actually never fully finished the cups lol. I finished a good chunk of 150cc, but the AI frustrated me on a few tracks to the point where I gave up getting a perfect on all courses. I accomplished this just fine in 100cc and never had to touch 50cc since that is where I started.

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch), Pepper Grinder (Switch)

FishyS

It's crazy Mario Kart 8 is now over 10 years old.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah gotcha... yeah, it sucks when the CPUs find a way to take that perfect run away from you, lol. I can't blame you, you'd have to be pretty unlucky to not be able to get 1st on all four courses in a cup. I do like how you don't have to do the earlier engine classes if you start out at 100cc or 150cc.

@FishyS You're making me feel old, lol! Yeah, I can't believe it's been a whole decade since this game came out on Wii U. It doesn't even feel like it's been that long ago!

Tyranexx

@MarioVillager92 Believe me, I had no problems finishing all the cups pretty high. I just wish there was a way to create a type of save or restore point before beginning each course in a cup. I really dislike feeling like I've wasted my time by having the CPU hose me over halfway through, killing said perfect run. I also like that doing the more difficult engine classes eliminates the need to complete the earlier ones.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I apologize that it's short notice, but do you wanna play Mario Kart with us today? Looks like we'll be playing in a few minutes.

jedgamesguy

Fun games again @MarioVillager92 @Tyranexx, think this is the most I’ve actually beaten the former in a single session 😭. Baby steps though.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sunsy

@MarioVillager92 I guess it's over now since the time posted, I was having dinner. Maybe next time, my stomach was bugging me earlier in the day, and wanted to take the rest of the day easy (as time of typing this, my stomach is better).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Gotcha, that's understandable... maybe at least give like one restore point, or something. It was fun playing online with you, by the way! I laughed and cried during that session, lol. Some of those moments of mine were just hilarious!

@jedgamesguy It's been fun playing with you too... I laughed and cried during today's session! Good games.

@Sunsy Ah that's fine, just thought I'd ask before I started. Sorry to hear about your stomach, glad to hear it's better... it's actually good that you wanted to take it easy for the rest of the day. You have a great one.

Tyranexx

@jedgamesguy I did have fun. One step at a time, even if it is in baby steps.

@MarioVillager92 That was a pretty good session, wasn't it? Very fun time had by all I think.

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx It was! I may have overreacted a couple times, but I did have a ball throughout the entire time.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy We'll be playing Mario Kart tomorrow, would you like to join us? I'm currently looking at 3 PM EST but I can edit this post when there's a time that's OK with everybody.

Sunsy

@MarioVillager92 I won't be available at 3, will actually be watching a WWE event with someone (starts at 2 PM, usually it's about three hours). I won't be free around that time, so I may miss it. If the time changes, I'll see if I can join.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah OK, have fun. If the time changes, I will let you know.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Do you want to play tomorrow night? I was gonna play today, but I had a rough day, unfortunately. I should feel better tomorrow.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic