Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 2,142

Fizza
Normally I wouldn't give much credence to these kinds of rumours. However, when the timeframe lines up relatively perfectly and 7-11 ads have predicted the reveal times of Smash characters before, I am more inclined to believe it than I would be otherwise.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@Fizza I think this window makes the most sense. I am expecting an announcement tomorrow and then maybe a release next week.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza @StarPoint Something feels off. I mean there's this, the updating of the Bayonetta 3 youtube playlist, the rumour about Pokemon news on Wednesday, etc.

You'd have thought that if Nintendo wanted to cram everything into a short time they'd have done a general Direct instead of last month's Partner Showcase.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano I mean, with Nintendo, it hasn't stopped them in the past. Remember the shadow drop hell that was 2020? Anything and everything could be announced with zero warning, it was an absolute nightmare (I remember learning about Pikmin 3 Deluxe through the Switch News app, I'm not joking). Now granted, 2020 was a different time for..... obvious reasons but it has set a precedent for this kind of announcement and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the angle they chose to take (especially when everything you've listed there are updates to already existing games).

By the way, when they say Wednesday for potential Pokemon news, would you say they mean this Wednesday (as in tomorrow) or next Wednesday? It would be so hype to wake up one morning, check the channel and suddenly a brand new trailer is up, I'd very much appreciate that.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza Back then it was weekly announcements (like 1 thing per week), what we're looking at here is potentially a load of stuff happening in 1 week. As for Pokemon, trailers are usually announced a day before airing so if the Wednesday rumour is true there'll likely be an announcement on Tuesday (as in today).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Honestly I prefer all tracks available from the DLC rather than being treated as live service contents.
I will not purchase $25 DLC until all the tracks from DLC already out.

Anti-Matter

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano I agree. Not sure why Nintendo’s taking this approach, but then again, it’s Nintendo. They must be planning on doing the dreaded shadow drop approach for some upcoming things.

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

tekoii

@MarioLover92 Ahh dang, that's a shame. But hey, I'm happy we're getting courses via these waves. Has us looking forward to stuff yk! Oh man, I love all those courses from 64, oh sweet nostalgies lol. It's a bright future for MK, I have a feeling the eventual MK9 is gonna be bonkers. Oof, I Block Fortress is awesome. When my bro and I were young, we used to get a whole bunch of green shells, shoot em around and play avoid the green shells.

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano @Fizza @Anti-Matter @StarPoint @tekoii @Ninfan @MarioLover92 It's do or die for a release next week. I fear that if Nintendo doesn't announce it tomorrow that it probably won't release next week.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Ah wow, that sounds fun, lol. Yeah, Block Fort was a good battle stage for sure, and it was pretty fun to just drive around in.

@TowaHerschel7 Well, they just announced that Kirby game a couple days ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo kept silent about it. This is pretty much a waiting game at this point...

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

@TowaHerschel7 The 7-Eleven ad goes away on Sunday so today is the last possible day for that ad to line up (Nintendo don't announce stuff on weekends). If today does go by without an announcement, honestly makes we wonder if perhaps wave 2 was scheduled for this week but got delayed for some reason and that's why Nintendo split up the announcements made over the past few weeks.

They were way too over-reliant on Smash reveals for Directs between E3 2018 and September 2021 so becoming over-reliant on the Booster Course Pass for Directs until the end of 2023 wouldn't be that unrealistic.

Grumblevolcano

StarPoint

@TowaHerschel7 Yup, do or die here. If it’s not announced today then I will be completely fresh out of ideas. I suppose we can only wait though

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Anti-Matter

@TowaHerschel7
At this rate, I don't really have enthusiast to follow what the next tracks will be added in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe so I played other games to keep me busy.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

I'm really surprised how late nintnedo was plugging wave 1 tracks in the news on the switch. Seems odd to release wave 1 tracks march 15, then wait 3 months post wave 1 track articles on the switch in late june - early july, just days before dropping wave 2. I mean, Nintendo didnt do news for the latest smash character just before revealing the next new character, did they?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
And to see the DLC was $25 with not yet complete all the DLC tracks, it made me less interested to invest my time for thinking about the DLC.
I still have a lot of things to do rather than waiting for complete DLC tracks.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

The first news of the day was about Pokemon Unite 1st anniversary:

Grumblevolcano

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano So could we maybe expect an announcement in the next couple of hours, if anything? I am becoming severely desperate

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint I'm leaning towards no announcement today.

Grumblevolcano

StarPoint

@Grumblevolcano Yeah that’s probably realistic. Seems like they would’ve announced something by now

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic