Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,144

WoomyNNYes

@MarioLover92 OHHH, I AM SO ANGRY that some of my personal best 200cc times have been beat! Oh, this is NOT good!!! (🤣) At this very moment, I am scrutinizing your Coconut Mall 200cc ghost, which is about 2 seconds faster than my personal best.😠😠😠 (😆) (this is great)

(the "god dammit" part is what's relevant here)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes I guess you could say that I posted some truly fabulous times, then! lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

tekoii

@TowaHerschel7 Hey thanks for taggin me and sorry it took so long to get back to ya! But AGH, we're all still waiting on this Wave 2. With the partner Direct now past, I do hope they give us an update soon! I'm just hyped to get even more courses in the circulation.

@MarioLover92 Ahh... for some reason I thought I heard a little chatter on maybe battle courses coming through or something. Oh man, more MK64 stuff would be great even if not battle courses. Oh yea for sure, there's plenty of nostalgia for 64, after all it was the first 3D one in the series!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

MarioVillager92

@tekoii I think there was a datamine for Mario Kart Tour having battle stages, but not 8 Deluxe. Oh I agree for sure, there's quite a few courses from 64 that I'd love to see. Koopa Troopa Beach, Kalimari Desert, and even Frappe Snowland would be cool to have to name only a few. If they're gonna throw in more battle courses to 8 Deluxe, Block Fort and Double Deck are the ones I'd want the most!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Grumblevolcano

The MK8 Deluxe news channel on the Switch did an article on Ninja Hideaway so now that's all 8 wave 1 tracks done.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StarPoint

Sweet, so it looks like an announcement is pretty imminent, then.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano @StarPoint Correct me if I'm being ignorant, but why would this lead to an announcement of Wave 2? Is it suspicious? Probably. But I'm not sure it really means we'll be getting an announcement soon since it could easily be track highlights for the sake of track highlights and nothing more.

That being said, I'm going stir crazy over this so I'd love to be wrong.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@Fizza It's mostly a timing thing. If Nintendo is planning on releasing 3 waves a year, then sometime in July would make the most sense in order to keep the release dates balanced. To go along with this, it looks like they are finishing up with their highlights of the other tracks before the new ones are announced, and then hopefully released within a couple of weeks.

EDIT: I should say that there is still a chance that this means nothing and Nintendo will just drop it when they feel like it. But it just seems like this is what they would do.

Edited on by StarPoint

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Anti-Matter

@StarPoint
Honestly, I just be real with this Nintendo's attempt with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
$25 for the not ready yet all the tracks (will be complete by the end of year 2023) it was not really a good idea for me to spend right now as it felt like Nintendo want to take control the hype back on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe while for me I can trying other games I have never played before when I literally not getting all the DLC tracks at the moment.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

Yeah, after I bought the booster pass, I came to the realization that I'll be totally over the game by the time the last waves are released.

edit: I have 340 hours in MK8 already. Love the game, but I'm burned out on it.

I did play some Crash Team Racing online races over the weekend. If it wasn't for the load screens before and after races, I'd still play this more often.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

StarPoint

@Anti-Matter @WoomyNNYes Huh, I guess maybe I'm in the minority here. I usually don't like Nintendo's drip-feed approach to their games, but MK8D is already so packed with stuff that I don't mind it here. I also feel like if Nintendo would have just dropped all 48 courses right away, then the hype for the game would have died down again much quicker. I feel that their approach here will keep the game relevant for longer. That's how I feel, at least.

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)

Grumblevolcano

@Anti-Matter @WoomyNNYes @StarPoint I think a middle ground would've been best, so like 3 waves of 16 tracks. Given that the tracks are being ported over from Tour, if all 48 tracks for MK8 Deluxe were being released at the same time it would've been in late 2023 given Tour is still getting new tracks. Meanwhile the current rate of 8 tracks at a time is too small given it's still extremely common online to find a lobby with no DLC tracks appearing for like 5 races in a row (the highest streak I've noticed is 10 races in a row with no DLC tracks appearing).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

The next Mario Kart Tour track is one that already exists in MK8 Deluxe, 3DS Piranha Plant Pipeway:

Petey Piranha seems to be confirmed to be a newly playable character who hasn't appeared in Mario Kart since Double Dash in 2003.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

1UP_MARIO

Fantastic. Looking forward to the remix track

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

MarioVillager92

Eh, this is just making me impatient for getting the wave 2 courses. Where the heck are they, Nintendo?

WoomyNNYes

Wave 1 was March 18. Maybe Nintendo will pick a similar date of this month, or opt to tease us with secrecy and delays. What's the last day of July? 31. July 31.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

It came to mind that the balanced waves prediction would mean nothing happens around the 30th anniversary of Mario Kart on August 27th so maybe waves 2 and 3 are closer together but further away from wave 1 like what happened for Fighters Pass 2. Nintendo tends to celebrate anniversaries like they did for SMB in 2020 and Kirby this year (wouldn't be surprised if a Kirby Game & Watch gets announced).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Probably the latter. Having a new wave every four months sounds logical (March > July > November > back to March) since that ensures that this year and the next have an equal amount of courses. But we currently have no clue what they'll be up to next, especially since they did a Xenoblade 3 direct and a partner showcase last month.

WiiWareWave

@MarioLover92 It also makes it easier not to crunch. If some are 6 months apart, but others are only 2, it might cause delays and reduced quality of dlc on waves that are rushed...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic